• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF appoints first m&d Yoyo general

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kuan Yew didnt trust them in 1967.

PM Lee didnt trust them in 1986.

Do you trust them in 2009?

SAF promotes 464 officers, appoints first Malay general
By Jessica Yeo, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 25 June 2009 2251 hrs
phpXITlzc.jpg

COL Ishak bin Ismail, Commander 6th Division, receives his promotion certificate from Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Teo Chee Hean

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Armed Forces is promoting 464 officers with effect from July 1.

They include regulars and Operationally-Ready National Servicemen from the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Those promoted to the ranks of Colonel and above received their certificates from Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean at a ceremony on Thursday evening.

Among the five colonels who were promoted to the rank of Brigadier-General or Rear-Admiral (One-Star) this year was the first Malay general, Colonel Ishak Ismail, who is Commander of the 6th Singapore Division.

The others include Commander, Air Defence and Operations Command, COL Kwek Kok Kwong; Head, Joint Communications and Information Systems Department, COL Lee Shiang Long; Chief of Medical Corps, COL (Dr) Seet Hun Yew Benjamin; and Commander, Maritime Security Task Force, COL Tan Wee Beng.

Chief of Defence Force, Lieutenant-General Desmond Kuek, gave out certificates to those promoted to Lieutenant-Colonel.

Mindef said the promotion exercise reflects the importance it places on rewarding and grooming officers who have performed well and who show potential and commitment to hold key leadership roles in the SAF.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All these freakin' generals and none of them has ever fought a proper war!:rolleyes:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
probably he going for election in 2010 or appointing him in certain MNCs to pacify the 16% muslims here

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Generals require good PR skills not War experience. I guess in a few years time, this COL Ismail will join PAP as a candidate for election.

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
probably he going for election in 2010 or appointing him in certain MNCs to pacify the 16% muslims here

I found one possible job for him

=============

Our Client, a well known MNC in Singapore, is seeking for Friendly & Pleasant Receptionist to join their established organization.

The Role:
· Handle incoming calls and walk-in clients / customers
· Proactive customer engagement
· Building relationships with customers
· Handle administrative duties
· Provide quality customer service to customers over the phone
· Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills with customers over the phone
· Demonstrate superior telephone techniques

The Pre-Requisites:
Minimum GCE ‘N’ Level with credit in English
Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
Excellent phone skills
Speak good English
Resourceful and diligent
Customer-oriented

Important Note:
· We welcome all Singaporeans/ SPR to apply
· Qualified candidate, please forward your CVs in Word Format to [email protected]
· We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<< COL Lee Shiang Long; Chief of Medical Corps, COL (Dr) Seet Hun Yew >>>

Similarity in names helps too. So go name your kids quickly.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<<< COL Lee Shiang Long; Chief of Medical Corps, COL (Dr) Seet Hun Yew >>>

Similarity in names helps too. So go name your kids quickly.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

Hello Mentis M.,
How's the weather?...being back to the 'kampung' of late?:smile:

Wonder what had happened to the Malay Fighter Pilot?..is he BG yet?:biggrin:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
OLD Fart come back from Malaysia str8 away appoint a malay general,,,

KNN dunno Old fart sell what away now,,,,

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Manchus in their early years after conquering zhong yuan have a exclusive Han army beside their 8 banners.

why not for us, a m&d general?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ishak is not a malay. When Mahathir first made the comment in the 1980s about the lack of Malays in the SAF, they then dragged Ishak out of the Uni where he was an undergrad under SAF Local scholarship and together with some other supposed Malay officers were interviewed by the press. They all have sub-continent blood.

Ishak however is a nice guy and very capable.

Lee Kuan Yew didnt trust them in 1967.

PM Lee didnt trust them in 1986.

Do you trust them in 2009?

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mentis M.,
How's the weather?...being back to the 'kampung' of late?:smile:

Wonder what had happened to the Malay Fighter Pilot?..is he BG yet?:biggrin:

Hi Hal,

It's been a long time since we last interacted. I hope you are doing fine and are in good health.

I'm away in the US now. I've been here for more than 3 months already with my plans for a nice escape from paradise already in motion and it seems I am valued here more than in SG. I have bought a nice house here, (paid in full with the money I got from selling my pidgeon hole) in Fredricksburg, Virginia and will be settling down soon. It's a very nice 2 storey plus basement 4bedroom 4 baths, 4500 square feet property with a nice backyard and 2 car front garage all for USD180K - a steal.

The only thing I miss about being away is the good old days of the "kampung" which by the way I am rediscovering here.

The spirit of community, hospitality and unselfishness is quite telling and is poles apart from what Sg has become.

I don't have to deal with uncouth PRCs spitting and peeing in the MRT, smells that will turn your hair white when some Indian "FT" lifts his arm in the MRT and best of all a car costs 1/3 of that in SG with no COE and bullcrap ERP.

I hope you can make that change in your life too and leave all what is happening in Sg behind and start living for a change.

As for the pilot, they decided that he best stick to non-internal combustion fully laden jet fuel supersonic aircraft, for fear of him suddenly hearing a voice in his head asking him to crash it into the Istana...LOL!!

What I hear he is now desk bound and has made the rank of LTC or COL, Mohd. Zakir Hamid I think he is one of the spokespersons for the RSAF. He was 26 or 27 in 1992 when he became a pilot he should be well in his 40's now.

Cheers,

MM

Last edited:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 DIV eh, the useless and lowest DIV among all in sg, for sure he can only hang around with reservists and jiat liao bee.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Infantry tactics and small arms are pretty much generic in nature. Nothing much to hide. The side with numbers, good training and the guile of the commanders will make the impact.

Singapore in the formative years bought AMX13 from the french and modified it extensively. The Malaysians only had scorpions which was not a tank. The knowledge gap was extensive and men in the armour units would have been prime targets for intelligence.

Unfortunately, the Malaysians ended up turning over Chinese to get to SAF information. What Singapore never expected was the amount the Malaysians were prepared to pay.

anyone can explain the reasons behind Malays allowed in Infantry but not in Armour?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now our army can close ISD since most are in our regular army anyway !

No wonder you see them in all army departments .Because there is a top man there .