• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wat happen to monk tat is found corrupted?

Ben225111

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently i am seeing a lot of monk tat is going ro shopping mall to shop for branded products..... even got monk play golf!!!!! shouldn't they are to abide thriftiness??????? and hw come they r so well off??????? recently for the NKF case another monk got sue for corruption!!!!!! wat is tis world coming to.....:mad:

kopi-C

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've seen monks smoke, take taxi, having a more than decent meal at a restaurant, drinking alcohol, staring at some girl's butt for more than 3 seconds, own a luxurious car like lexus, benz and etc.

really corrupted world of monks out there, alot of temples out there in the open who are giving alot of encouragement and support to further BETTER the lives of the monks. i know a list of temples/charitable hospitals which are corrupted in the inside and appear transparent and innocent on the outside.

leetarsah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've seen monks smoke, take taxi, having a more than decent meal at a restaurant, drinking alcohol, staring at some girl's butt for more than 3 seconds, own a luxurious car like lexus, benz and etc.

really corrupted world of monks out there, alot of temples out there in the open who are giving alot of encouragement and support to further BETTER the lives of the monks. i know a list of temples/charitable hospitals which are corrupted in the inside and appear transparent and innocent on the outside.

these type are called commercial monks ... they run commercial temples ... ;9) ... they pay no taxes but those at the top were paid top dollars for doing fuck all ... ;9(

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
What so funny? Am i joking?

I just like the way you phrase it, it's really funny to me. Anyway this monk saga thingy is just tickling my toes and all the issues surrounding it^^

I have my own reasons for laughing......

wegocity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently i am seeing a lot of monk tat is going ro shopping mall to shop for branded products..... even got monk play golf!!!!! shouldn't they are to abide thriftiness??????? and hw come they r so well off??????? recently for the NKF case another monk got sue for corruption!!!!!! wat is tis world coming to.....:mad:

I had seen some at Geylang too.:mad:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder whether there is any singapore law governing the behaviour of a monk/nun? perhaps you may call to a police post for action if you spot any monk/nun shopping at shopping centre, and see the reaction from the police?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays you have fake goods, replica goods, copy goods, you also heard of FAkE MonK and Nun asking for $$ :eek::cool::eek:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

mayb ... kick ze monkery out of dem? ... :biggrin: :p

Last edited:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the monks & nuns that you see on the streets are not real.

Anyway, I believe dishonesty & corruption exists thru' out all religion & charity groups, not just temples & hospitals. I too have witnessed many heads of christian/catholic groups living in luxury, wearing branded goods.

:smile:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Someone say... No... Not someone but many say... The fastest way 2 get rich is to start a religion.... If u dun hab the brian 2 start 1... then use an existing, n misinterpret the teaching 2 ur advantage... :biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, I believe dishonesty & corruption exists thru' out all religion & charity groups, not just temples & hospitals. I too have witnessed many heads of christian/catholic groups living in luxury, wearing branded goods.

I think that you're confusing pastors and bishops with monks. Christian pastors and bishops take no vow of poverty. They're ordained to a job and they receive a salary or stipend. They do get married, buy house and car. No problem or moral conflict there as long as it's within their means. That said, I agree that many pastors seem to be motivated by increasing the size of their congregation, and therefore the tithes the church receives, and therefore the salary he receives.

Monkhood is different altogether. Although most Asians associate monkhood with Buddhism, there're Christian monastries in Europe and the Americas. The basis of monkhood is still the same. Leaving all that's worldly and material behind and dedicate whole life to the religion.

Monks can live off the land of the monastry, planting vegetables, fruits and even brew wine (common in Mediterranean, California and South America where the climate is suitable). Monks can solicit donations and foods for their temples and their own consumption (common in Thailand and Indochina). However, I don't think monks should solicit donations on behalf of others, and turn it into a financial management portfolio. Monks shouldn't have personal ownership titles to bank accounts and properties.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Anyway, I believe dishonesty & corruption exists thru' out all religion & charity groups, not just temples & hospitals. I too have witnessed many heads of christian/catholic groups living in luxury, wearing branded goods.

:smile:
digress a li'l bit ...

nt oni religion/charity groups/temples/etc ...

sum1 told me b4 ... dose who cum out n want 2 b president/chairman/head/etc of a club/society/association/etc. usu hv sum motive, which is personal ...

me observe ard ... quite true ... sum r nt apparent @ ze beginning ... but after a while, u shld b able 2 c ...

friskygambit

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think people who prey on others' sympathies and use the name of charity for selfish reasons are scumbags. Such people have no morals whatsoever and would probably try to sell their own sons and daughters if they could.

Unfortunately such people exist in real life, and as such people need to be more cautious when it comes to donations.

Ben225111

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even pastor.... i seen b4 pastor driving BMW 6 series.... they earning top dollar..... Monk driving estima at lorong 20..... i saw it....:eek: