• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegetarian MY FOOT! More than 50% had MEAT MIXED WITHIN!!!!

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090614/69/1l8vo.html

This is SHOCKING!

The Taiwanese ministry of law engaged the investigation bureau to mass sample the so called Vegetarian Food available in the market and conducted laboratory tests on them. They had confirmed that MORE THAN 50% of these products labeled and sold as Vegetarian Food had been tested and found MEAT INSIDE OF THEM !!!!! :biggrin:

WAF! ?

It had been a very admirable success of Taiwanese food industries to be able to produce these vegetarian food products that looks smells and tastes like real meat products, e.g. faked char siew faked fish faked chicken etc.

I tasted them. But not often. I am not vegetarian.

Now they had been confirmed that to SAVE COST under the bad economy and retain the taste to be closely likening the real stuffs, the factories had been widely cheating the consumers by adding real meat inside. That had included pork and beef as discovered by the laboratory tests made.

For religious and health related people who opted for vegetarian, this is a very serious impact. Some people might not go to heavens. :-0 some people would had suffered problems in their health.

This is very serious deception and commercial cheating, misleading consumers and violating the consumers rights.

For those insisting in vegetarian food, they had been cheated for heavens knows how long. They had been eating meat unknowingly. They had been violating their religious faith unknowingly. For those that insisted vegetarian diet for health, their goals of health had been defeated for long time, because this foul practice had been going on for some time before being confirmed by authorities and exposed to media.

I don't know what actions are going to be taken against the food factories yet. :-Z

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
新聞首頁 >生活 >消費情報 >華視
寄給朋友| 友善列印| 字級設定: 小 中 大 巨

調查局查素食 逾一半摻了肉
華視 更新日期:"2009/06/14 16:06"

你吃的素食真的是素的嗎,法務部委託調查局大規模抽檢台北縣市的素食商品,結果超過一半摻了肉,為了節省成本模仿肉的口感,不肖業者在大豆裡摻了豬肉漿、牛肉漿,讓有宗教信仰的民眾無意破了戒。

素海參q彈的不得了、還有素的漢堡肉,紋理線條好像有著滿滿的肉汁,看起來就跟葷食一模一樣,有的連口感也差不多。不是食品調理的科技進步了,而是有不肖廠商直接在素食裡面添加了肉品,想不像葷的都很難。調查局這次抽驗台北縣市三十一件的素食,有十七件含有肉類的成分,含肉的比例超過了五成,其中還有本土的大型量販店賣的素便當,裡頭的素火腿和素肉排含有超過二十公克以上的牛肉漿。好好的素食為什麼要摻肉,賣素食超過三十年經驗的店家一語道破,就是成本考量。

這次抽檢還發現很多包裝上貼上了大大的素食標誌,不見得就真的是全素。無意間吃素變吃葷破了戒,還真的不知道要怎麼向佛祖來交代。(記者吳青穎、戴榮賢報導)

這篇新聞讓你覺得?
新奇新奇 溫馨溫馨 誇張誇張 難過難過 實用實用 高興高興 無聊無聊 生氣生氣

taksinloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
once again, it is done by the chinese, who else.

Please don't mix up and be clear about this.

This is not PRC mainland, this is Taiwan. One of the idiots who had been accusing PRC of quality & integrity issues on their products. This time they caught only themselves. So stupid of these morons who never looked into mirrors and checked themselves before they criticized others.

mentor_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
once again, it is done by the chinese, who else.

You have trouble now my friend!

Now you can only eat what you cook at home. The ready made meals outside are full of Taiwanese produced vegetarian food products. These are know discovered to be faked.

No wonder they tasted so good huh? Did you liked them?

:-)

illLEEgal

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN! I think this is ill-LEE-gal! MTA & PPD or AVA better check this out in Singapore market. If anything like this is in Singaporean market they better ban and reject these imports.

I searched also and found this:

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090614/4/1l88o.html

新聞首頁 >生活 >消費情報 >中時
寄給朋友| 友善列印| 字級設定: 小 中 大 巨

調局驗素食 逾5成摻肉
中時 更新日期:"2009/06/14 02:31" 李永盛/台北報導

吃素的民眾,吃下的真的是素食嗎?調查局最近執行法務部交辦的「打擊民生犯罪專案計畫」,以DNA檢測技術,在台北縣市抽驗卅一件市售素食,竟然有十七件驗出肉品成分,化驗結果顯示素食混有肉品的比例逾五成,為歷年來最高!

更驚人的是,調查局還首次在知名零售通路商販售的兩種素便當,內附的素肉排及素火腿中,也驗出每一百公克,含有廿公克以上的牛肉漿。

另有一件在傳統市場販售的素肉鬆,也摻有超過百分之廿的豬肉。這家素肉鬆的製造商,同時也是供應商,平日生產的素肉鬆在大台北地區數家傳統市場都有販售。

調查局鑑識科學處科長趙齊相指出,素食會驗出肉品成分,有些是製造商刻意添加。因為素食多半以黃豆為主要原料,但純豆製品無法作出真正肉品的彈性、口感及味道,不肖的廠商就加入牛肉漿或豬肉漿,再與豆粉結合,藉以增添仿肉素食的風味。此外,有些食品工廠葷食、素食都生產,在製作葷食後未確實清洗工作檯、砧板及料理器具,就從事素食的製造,先前殘留的肉品成分就會混入素食中,最後進入消費者的口中。

據調查局檢驗,十七件驗出混有肉品的素食,種類除素肉排、素火腿、素肉鬆外,還包括素排、素魚、素水餃、素丸子等。這些產品都標示為素食,甚至還有廠家在包裝上印上「養生素食」的字樣,顯有欺騙消費者之嫌。

據了解,各縣市衛生局先前也曾陸續發現素食摻葷的案例,但部分是摻用奶製品。類似調查局此次查獲十七件案例全數摻肉,且成分比例之高尚屬首見,對於有吃齋習慣的民眾或出家人影響相當大。

素食是否摻葷,消費者該如何判別?趙齊相表示,調查局曾驗出一件素丸子摻有肉品的案例,經測試發現,這種丸子的彈性很好,一般豆製品根本做不出類似的彈性。因此,他提醒民眾,只要素食的口感、彈性及風味與真實的肉品愈相近,其摻葷的可能性愈高,這時就要當心了。

趙齊相說,素食摻葷明顯是欺騙行為,且因商品標示不實,已違反食品衛生管理法。針對違規情節嚴重的個案,調查局已主動通知衛生主管機關查處,未來還會持續抽檢,若涉及刑責,一定依法偵辦,以維護消費者權益。

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They love to eat vegemeat, find it very delicious, why tell them the truth.

peoples search for the truth, but feel disillusioned by the truth then wish that they had never known the truth in the first place.

IMO, should have let them kept on enjoying the vegemeat.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve them right! Bunch of bloody hypocrites! Want to be vegetarian, eat vegetables, simple as that. Want to eat meat but dare not, scared kenna strike by god, then eat mock meat. Losers. :mad:

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why make vegetarian food to taste like char siew or otherwise. Doesn't it show they are depriving of their favourite meals.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
The intention is to eat vegetarian and the act has always been to eat vegetarian. This is good intention and good deed. The bad karma falls totally on the manufacturer.

As for those who rants against vegetarian food that tastes like meat, what is your problem? Vegetarians are just trying their best to eat less meat and show compassion to the animals. Were they bashing down your doors to force vegetarian food down your throat (with the exception of tonychat, our resident idiot)? Live and let live.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THe whole world's vegetarian food doesn't comes from taiwan. This only gives Taiwan vegetarian food manufacturer a bad name and they will lose the trust from vegetarians in future for their actions.

They not only create a horrible sin for themselves but also destroy the reputation of thier industry. Terrible.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The intention is to eat vegetarian and the act has always been to eat vegetarian. This is good intention and good deed. The bad karma falls totally on the manufacturer.

As for those who rants against vegetarian food that tastes like meat, what is your problem? Vegetarians are just trying their best to eat less meat and show compassion to the animals. Were they bashing down your doors to force vegetarian food down your throat (with the exception of tonychat, our resident idiot)? Live and let live.

Why explain to a bunch of sinkies? Let them sink lah. They deserve it anyway.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
THe whole world's vegetarian food doesn't comes from taiwan. This only gives Taiwan vegetarian food manufacturer a bad name and they will lose the trust from vegetarians in future for their actions.

They not only create a horrible sin for themselves but also destroy the reputation of thier industry. Terrible.

But taiwan vegetarian food is HUGE. I have to admit that some of the best vegetarian stuff comes from taiwan.

Now, I have to seek other place for vegetarian food liao. Not a full time veg, but at times in a month. :smile:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why make vegetarian food to taste like char siew or otherwise. Doesn't it show they are depriving of their favourite meals.

very good point.

I will do the opposite, open a shop, sell meat foods that look like vegetables for those meat lovers who think they sinned by eating too much meat. They can make themselves happy by thinking they are eating vegetables but are actually meat. like those who like to eat "vege" food that look like pork, chicken or char siew.

sch_bus_aunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyhoo ! crooks !

if they faked Halal Food this way in middle east country they will be executed when caught

they have to be punished !

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They love to eat vegemeat, find it very delicious, why tell them the truth.

peoples search for the truth, but feel disillusioned by the truth then wish that they had never known the truth in the first place.

IMO, should have let them kept on enjoying the vegemeat.

yes , like in religions too :wink:? a drunken man is more happy then a sober man .:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
very good point.

I will do the opposite, open a shop, sell meat foods that look like vegetables for those meat lovers who think they sinned by eating too much meat. They can make themselves happy by thinking they are eating vegetables but are actually meat. like those who like to eat "vege" food that look like pork, chicken or char siew.

japanese have your idea 5 years ago ...theres one near my home too :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Serve them right! Bunch of bloody hypocrites! Want to be vegetarian, eat vegetables, simple as that. Want to eat meat but dare not, scared kenna strike by god, then eat mock meat. Losers. :mad:

and alot of them even eat egg :wink: . i dont really understand too , some of them even eat fish .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
which is bad ? h20 being used as "holy water" in religions or just a plate of 50% vegetarian food ?