• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Howe Liang Receives $10,000

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think paying 10K is a gesture. At least a gesture. Whether is 10K, 100K, 1 million.
If Tan is given 100K, there will be murmurs that why is he paid so much? Then another quarter will say why so little. If he is paid 1 million, another quarter say so little ah, another say why so much.

No matter give or no give, sure got people say something.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
jokes aside, it is appalling the way they treat of 1 our own, as compared to those bought (not brought) in to win medals.. :mad:

Jokes aside :wink: I suppose it'll be more equitable to reward him $10,000 plus interests over all these years...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why money come from NTUC Fairprice & not from gahmen? I am shareholder of Fairprice & I don't think it was right to use some of my money when gahmen is flushed with money & it is solely responsible for such glorious act!!

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would Howe Liang be "rewarded" with the token sum if STTA did not win a medal at the games:rolleyes:.........The bottom line is why wait until now?????....Face saving by the same ppl who is looking after us...:eek::mad:

Last edited:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought that they're going to pay him $500,000 (current Olympic silver medal going rate in Singapore) plus interests from 1960 to 2008. Sigh... Is that an award or an insult?

At his age $10,000 can either be used for Medical treatment with perhaps some left over for a funeral!

S

Scolari

If not for the silver medal this time round, I am sure nobody remembers him lah. He is local born and breed whereas all these PRCs are different. This is the cruel reality.

Talking abt the $10,000, our sinkie govt should follow malaysia and give him lifetime pension. Afterall, how long more can he live. The Malaysian badminton player is so young and their govt also give him lifetime pension for getting the silver medal for his country.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Countries like Ukraine and Georgia don't claim Olympic medals won before indpendence. Tan Howe Liang won it under the British Crown Colony of Singapore, not the Republic of Singapore.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think paying 10K is a gesture. At least a gesture. Whether is 10K, 100K, 1 million.
If Tan is given 100K, there will be murmurs that why is he paid so much? Then another quarter will say why so little. If he is paid 1 million, another quarter say so little ah, another say why so much.

No matter give or no give, sure got people say something.

The PRC $luts were given PBM immediately upon their return, but did Tan get it?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Countries like Ukraine and Georgia don't claim Olympic medals won before indpendence. Tan Howe Liang won it under the British Crown Colony of Singapore, not the Republic of Singapore.

Where got? S'pore became self-independent from the British in 1959.

Ah Liang got his silver medal in Rome Olympics in 1960.

That time Ah Liang who was working as a clerk at Cathay Organisation, and had to use his own money to finance his training.

Fuck the govt for overlooking his achievement for so long!

S

Scolari

For your info, Ah Liang worked as a cleaner in the National Stadium Gym in recent years.

Thanks to our sinkie govt for bringing in PRC to win medals otherwise Ah Liang is still nobody to many Singaporeans. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your info, Ah Liang worked as a cleaner in the National Stadium Gym in recent years.

Thanks to our sinkie govt for bringing in PRC to win medals otherwise Ah Liang is still nobody to many Singaporeans. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

That is what the future holds for S'poreans in their twilight years! CPF NOT ENOUGH! The $10000 from NTUC would really come in handy for Coffin Money. Maybe the NTUC undertaker company might offer a further discount for the 1st S'porean Olympic Medal winner when the time comes.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why money come from NTUC Fairprice & not from gahmen? I am shareholder of Fairprice & I don't think it was right to use some of my money when gahmen is flushed with money & it is solely responsible for such glorious act!!

even if the money come from garmen also will come fr your pocket :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where got? S'pore became self-independent from the British in 1959.

Ah Liang got his silver medal in Rome Olympics in 1960.

That time Ah Liang who was working as a clerk at Cathay Organisation, and had to use his own money to finance his training.

Fuck the govt for overlooking his achievement for so long!

In a sense, true also. Autonomous though not fully independent, but already got Prime Minister and Parliament instead of Chief Minister and Assembly.

M

Mdm Tang

TV2008083122151400.jpg

$10k? Might as well dun give! KNN!

Why you did not migrate to New Zealand ?