• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Slums In Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Slums In Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>SGNEWSALTE <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:50 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>14338.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Sin Ming Road resident live in slum conditions

STOMPer Heartbroken visited an elderly friend who lives with a flatmate at block 26 Sin Ming Road and was appalled by the conditions he encountered at the block of one-room flats.

In an email to STOMP last night (May 31), the STOMPer recounted:

“Last week I visited an elderly friend who lives with another flatmate in a one-room HDB rental flat at Block 26 Sin Ming Road.

“When I took the lift to the second level, I found a long corridor with about 20 units on each side.

“As it was noon time I realised that all the corridor lights were switched on as the corridor is dark throughout the day and night.

The corridor was damp and smelly and on entering the flat, I was shocked that he had no bed but two simple mattresses on the floor.

“Piles of newspapers and bags were piled from the floor to the ceiling.

“I wonder what would have happened if there was a fire in the flat.

“Perhaps MCYS and SCDF should send their officers to visit these residents and advised them on fire hazards in flats.

“The living conditions were just plain and spartan as these impoverished residents do not have the means to buy some of the basic necessities as either they have no next of kin or their children had abandoned them.
“I hope our religious organisations will come in to lend a helping hand to these residents who are struggling to live from hand to mouth?”

2285248049_0791a12876_o.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've done some voluntary community work before for the residents in these Sin Ming flats

Conditions here are really really depressing

Most of them are single and disabled old folks

I never ever want to go back again... It's too painful to see their plight

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you've never been to these 1 room flats before

I have. :mad::mad::mad:

Even before the recent crisis.

It took a while to accept that there is such suffering in Singapore. Eventually I got older, got too busy to help, hardened my heart and moved on.:(:(:(

You get the government you vote for.
:mad::mad::mad:

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have. :mad::mad::mad:

Even before the recent crisis.

It took a while to accept that there is such suffering in Singapore. Eventually I got older, got too busy to help, hardened my heart and moved on.:(:(:(

You get the government you vote for.
:mad::mad::mad:

yup this is the result of an Elitist Govt....

Fuck PAP and may they all burn in hell when they die!!

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think u never been to HongKong b4

This kind of comparision is redundant...
If you wanna compare to the worse lot...we can always compare to Africa, india or nepal....

If we feel contented bcoz other countries are worse than us...
then forever no improvements.

Imagine if u r having 3k salary...u ask for higher pay from ur boss..
your boss retorted back....you neber been to sri lanka to work....you are overpaid.

:o :( :o

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Slums In Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>SGNEWSALTE <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:50 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>14338.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Sin Ming Road resident live in slum conditions

STOMPer Heartbroken visited an elderly friend who lives with a flatmate at block 26 Sin Ming Road and was appalled by the conditions he encountered at the block of one-room flats.

In an email to STOMP last night (May 31), the STOMPer recounted:

“Last week I visited an elderly friend who lives with another flatmate in a one-room HDB rental flat at Block 26 Sin Ming Road.

“When I took the lift to the second level, I found a long corridor with about 20 units on each side.

“As it was noon time I realised that all the corridor lights were switched on as the corridor is dark throughout the day and night.

The corridor was damp and smelly and on entering the flat, I was shocked that he had no bed but two simple mattresses on the floor.

“Piles of newspapers and bags were piled from the floor to the ceiling.

“I wonder what would have happened if there was a fire in the flat.

“Perhaps MCYS and SCDF should send their officers to visit these residents and advised them on fire hazards in flats.

“The living conditions were just plain and spartan as these impoverished residents do not have the means to buy some of the basic necessities as either they have no next of kin or their children had abandoned them.
“I hope our religious organisations will come in to lend a helping hand to these residents who are struggling to live from hand to mouth?”

2285248049_0791a12876_o.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Heil Hitler!!!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you called this slum, go to current thread in this forum on slums in detroit and you thought singaporew is heaven

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Africa or India or Nepal would be redundant.

Hong Kong is even richer than Singapore and they have worse living conditions. New York, the financial capital and liveblood of the world have got ghettos much much worse than Singapore.

The fact of life is that there will always be mansions and there will be slums. It's how bad the slums are.

This kind of comparision is redundant...
If you wanna compare to the worse lot...we can always compare to Africa, india or nepal....

If we feel contented bcoz other countries are worse than us...
then forever no improvements.

Imagine if u r having 3k salary...u ask for higher pay from ur boss..
your boss retorted back....you neber been to sri lanka to work....you are overpaid.

:o :( :o

R

redlightmeansgo

They would rather spend on the farking circle line, which will end up a collective white elephant like Buang-cock, than improve the lives of pp in their own GRCs, let alone the opposition wards.

Check out the hawker centre at Toa Payoh lorong 6, which belongs to Chiam See Tong. You should see the appalling conditions there! I like the food there, fortunately or unfortunately, but the sanitation there sucks, and the windows of the shophouses are still those first generation types with the wooden frames. I would love to have those frames in my own house, because they look quaint, but at least have the decency to repaint them, for goodness sake. They look like they have never been maintained.

We the citizens of . . . pledge ourselves as one united people?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
please la,,,, Lor 6 Toa Payoh no belong to CST hor,,,, anyhow talk,,,, Lor 8 Hawker Centre,,,,, sanitiation sucks? where got such things,,,,, some renovation works done recently without a single cent from mabok Tan hor,,, alor you see Lor 7 Blk 19 hawker centre or not? got go Lor 4 Blk 57 hawker Centre or not? All these SLUMS belongs to your WKS OK? Copice?

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
please la,,,, Lor 6 Toa Payoh no belong to CST hor,,,, anyhow talk,,,, Lor 8 Hawker Centre,,,,, sanitiation sucks? where got such things,,,,, some renovation works done recently without a single cent from mabok Tan hor,,, alor you see Lor 7 Blk 19 hawker centre or not? got go Lor 4 Blk 57 hawker Centre or not? All these SLUMS belongs to your WKS OK? Copice?

Mmm all those slum food centres belong to Wong Cunt Sing and Yellow Hen's part of Toa Payoh and not Bradell Heights or Toa Payoh Lorong 8

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with the circle line? It improves the lives of the PRODUCTIVE Singaporeans who need to make their way to Raffles Place / Jurong / Tuas / Woodlands etc and who will benefit from a shorter ride.

They would rather spend on the farking circle line, which will end up a collective white elephant like Buang-cock, than improve the lives of pp in their own GRCs, let alone the opposition wards.

Check out the hawker centre at Toa Payoh lorong 6, which belongs to Chiam See Tong. You should see the appalling conditions there! I like the food there, fortunately or unfortunately, but the sanitation there sucks, and the windows of the shophouses are still those first generation types with the wooden frames. I would love to have those frames in my own house, because they look quaint, but at least have the decency to repaint them, for goodness sake. They look like they have never been maintained.

We the citizens of . . . pledge ourselves as one united people?

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I know how white scum won election by 66%. Obviously if they are going to give these poor individuals $2000+, they are going to vote for white scum.

Compare to what they get monthly of $200+, now one shot $2K for them, they will be overjoyed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you called this slum, go to current thread in this forum on slums in detroit and you thought singaporew is heaven

How can you compare the tiny red dot to the US, our PM only makes $3+ million, SM only $3+ million, MM only $3+, prez also makes only6 $3+ million,.... & no need to pay taxes :eek: