• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My food portions getting smaller at the larger food court

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Unscrupulous for sellers to shrink food </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>metalslug84 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>May-18 10:39 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 14) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>13642.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>http://soshiok.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607
Unscrupulous for sellers to shrink food portions
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->In a letter to My Paper, May 19, 2009, Mr Brock Ernest Williams says:

I refer to the my paper report, “Salesman ‘withheld’ passport” (May 13) and the letter, “Nip unethical business practices in the bud” (May 15).

I am a regular at two food courts in the basement of an Orchard Road shopping centre.

Lately, I have noticed some of my food portions getting smaller at the larger food court, although prices have held steady.

I pointed this out to a supervisor, but I still got reduced portions from time to time.

I encountered this again recently.

I am a regular customer at a Western-food stall at the smaller food court.

I usually order fish ’n’ chips, so I know exactly how much food to expect.

A photo at the stall clearly shows two pieces of fish in one portion.

However, when I visited the stall two weeks ago, I was given only one piece of fish.

When I told the stall holder, he insisted that two pieces of fish had been battered and served as a single, larger portion.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but was still hungry after the meal and ordered a second portion from the same stall.

I wonder whether other patrons have had the same experience.

It is unscrupulous to short- change customers, whether it comes to electronics or food.

Some people may be on a strict diet where they need adequate greens, fish or certain nutrients.

Such questionable retail practices do not augur well for the reputation of the shopping centre, especially when it lies in the heart of Singapore’s tourist belt.

I like patronising this particular shopping centre for its old-world ambience, but I hope something could be done about its unethical tenants.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but was still hungry after the meal and ordered a second portion from the same stall."

Stupid is as stupid as. No wonder people cheat him.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>I am a regular at two food courts in the basement of an Orchard Road shopping centre.

Lately, I have noticed some of my food portions getting smaller at the larger food court, although prices have held steady.

I pointed this out to a supervisor, but I still got reduced portions from time to time.

I encountered this again recently.

I am a regular customer at a Western-food stall at the smaller food court.

I usually order fish ’n’ chips, so I know exactly how much food to expect.

A photo at the stall clearly shows two pieces of fish in one portion.

>

One of the two fishes swam away, before it reaches the customers or , on that day the loaves & the fishes were bless!.

In the past, we use to avoid eating around Orchard area, for it was expensive & food comes in small portions, but there were nuggets of reasonably price, good portion food; but that is in the past.

Nowadays, even the HDB heartlands, where many of the coffeeshops are converted to food courts run by "K", "7" "Ko"; if you know what I mean, we are facing the same problem as the person who wrote that comment.

We are paying for, (1) low quality food, what you one expect, when the person cooking it is a CHINA woman etc., who doesn't know th local ethnic taste, (2)Over price, (3)Small portions & (4)Over hyped...you see framed photos of some local celebrities, reviews by "M" etc..

Not only that, the better names so-called fine dinner, like for example "Kristal" (name to protect..the ha ha ha), etc., the quality & portion of food is terrible, as compared to the high price; one is paying!.

Me think, we better start to learn how to cook, economical , easy meals at home...rather than to pay through our noses for junk food, these days.:p

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still cannot accept food that cost $3 per set. With pay stagnent for so many years now, it just not justify for economic food to be raised. $2.50 should be right. Otherwise just dun patron these stalls.

Remember you are the consumer and you "vote" with $$$

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still cannot accept food that cost $3 per set. With pay stagnent for so many years now, it just not justify for economic food to be raised. $2.50 should be right. Otherwise just dun patron these stalls.

Remember you are the consumer and you "vote" with $$$

Bro, the norm now is $3.50, your $3 is a year old.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder I noticed the younger generation getting smaller in statue men that look like children and young women getting kwei tu tu for breasts !

Army officers and men all look like NCC cadets ! You couldn't tell the diiference !

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder I noticed the younger generation getting smaller in statue men that look like children and young women getting kwei tu tu for breasts !

Army officers and men all look like NCC cadets ! You couldn't tell the diiference !

Not sure where you are looking, but there are a lot of Tua Pau in young girls walking around nowadays.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the food portion has been getting smaller for a long time.
we need not bring it up now. like it is even news.