• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brotherhood:why was wayang party site down for 6 hours?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHY WAS THIS SITE DOWN FOR 6 HOURS?
May 15, 2009 by Brotherhood
Filed under Brotherhood, Daily Musings
Leave a comment
Singaporedaddy on Fri, 15th May 2009 10:53 pm (Edit) I WANT TO KNOW WHY WAS THIS SITE DOWN DOWN FOR 6 HOURS! when we wrote abot SKH?

SD (Internet liaison officer of the brotherhood)

If we do NOT get a reply from the relevant authorities inform the French legation to start a site a server in Sweden with intellution capabilities to manage our communication / I have also informed the ottomans and our Turkish allies to do the same in Istanbul/

I have asked a simple question why was this site inaccessible for 6 hours? If you give me some bullshit that it is due to traffic, God help you.

The people who are responsible for this must either be incompetent or so fucking stupid to believe a way or solution to solving a problem is by switching off the lights, by the time I have finished with many of you people you will lose their jobs as I have asked the best brains to come down here get right down and dirty to find out the root cause - tomorrow at 1300 hr GMT, we will be accessing your system Wayang; we will be discreet, nothing we see will either be revealed or published; according to our technicians, they want to determine the “codex break” that accounted for the the disruption - this will not be difficult as everything that happens in the internet has an electronic signature than can be traced, followed and even localised - this is a bit like find a bolt that breaks off and leads to the whole wing dropping off - once they find this missing jigsaw, we will trace its origin and even conduct a thorough study on its operating logic - we will probably also be able to trace who are the people who wrote the program as this is a very small community where everyone talks to everyone- the whole process will take about 36 hours - during this period, there will be no disruption to this site; you may encounter some delays but we have done this many times and so I am confident, it will be done discreetly.

NB: On record I asked what I consider to be a valid question why was the site down for 6 hours? I hope an answer will emerge soon from the relevant authorities (do not ask me to write this will suffice) if no answer emerges within a reasonable time or some lame excuse is forwarded - we will take this matter to another level and I will even table a motion to bringing up to the confederation of gamers (the UN of the gaming world)

It seems to me some people think life is so simple they do not even have the decency to respect the rights of others; if they want to switch off all the lights, they do it without a moments regard - I want you to see how we will retaliate with a measured economic sanction - within one week if we do not receive a replythe brotherhood will not support the youth olympics - we will bar all sale of critical technology to make sure this event cannot be broadcast in the internet - how is that? We are not trying to sabotage you; but we have every right to say that we do not want to conduct business with others and we dont have to give any reason - bear in mind this matter is still on the table it remains inconclusive a decision still has to be made whether we should escallate this matter and it will depend exclusively on the findings of these experts we will be bringing in.

Meanwhile I would really appreciat a reply to my question as to why there was a 6 hour blink today.

Singaporedaddy (Internet liaison officer of the brotherhood)

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP-BH Reader on Fri, 15th May 2009 11:41 pm

NOT only this site, the old site was also inaccessible for many hours.

What the hell is going on? Somebody somewhere interfered with the site, is it?

This is not the first time. It has happened a few times before and I could not get in.
admin on Sat, 16th May 2009 12:26 am

Hi WP-BH Reader,

The server was down and we just reboot it. The traffic wasn’t particularly heavy today.

Coincidentally, the old wordpress site also crash 3 hours later and recovered spontaneously.

We have no evidence of external interference though the possibility has not been ruled out by our host.

After what happened previously, we do not want to be accused of “crying wolf” again without providing substantial proof.

We support the idea of starting mirror sites from other countries.

We will be backing our xml files on a daily basis from now onwards.
Singaporedaddy on Sat, 16th May 2009 12:29 am

If you want to interfere with this site, then state your case clearly that you want to interfere with this site; only bear in mind that if we escalate this matter and transfer the site to Sweden, then you can go and see whether whoever is so clever to interfere with the site can do it so easily.

We do not not want to escalate matters, but we have asked a valid question; as I said, if no answer emerges we will act accordingly and we have every right to do so.

I am trying to be fair here. I really am. SD
Singaporedaddy on Sat, 16th May 2009 12:51 am

Admin,

I think there is enough evidence to classify this as a clear and present risk; we are presently in direct communication with our allies to pull out of singpaore; they are receptive to assist us; we will also be initiating a pull out of all of our technology assets and as well - as we consider this a form of undue harrasment - if I pay for a service, then I expect a minimum standard of service, if none comes, then I aSK, IF NO ANSWER EMERGES, THEN THE FREE MARKET PRINCIPLE TAKES EFFECT - life is as simple as that, the internet is a global footprint not a country specific monopoly.

As I said, I have requested a formal reply as to why there was a 6 hour lapse; as a matter of principle and for the record, we need to give the authorities a right of reply; if they choose not to do so; then so be it, for the record no one can ever say we did not give then the opportunity to explain, no one can fault us so not having gone through the due process of consultation.

I remain totally baffled why every single time when a contentious issue is raised this occurs on this site and why does it not affect sites like TOC? I can only draw a logical straight line conclusion that I prefer not to elaborate but I will say this something is not right here; I may be wrong, but at least on record, we asked formally for am expplanation and this I think is how politics should ideally be conducted.

This matter has been decided 3 hours ago - the cases of reversing it is zero.

SD (Interne liaison officer of the brotherhood)
admin on Sat, 16th May 2009 12:58 am

Hi SD,

Do you think they will give anybody an explanation for their actions?

There’s a covert operation going out there and everything is kept under wraps.

Come election time, this site will probably be inaccessible.

Interestingly, Zaqy Mohamad, who was the alleged “mentor” of Choo Zheng Xi in the PAP, has been appointed to head the MICA GPC.
Singaporedaddy on Sat, 16th May 2009 1:05 am

Do you think we are amatuers; we have a full time person here, his name is KOHO. His function is to to scan, monitor and asses risk and mitigate risk - KOHO has issued a warning, we will have to act - remember in peace, we must prepare for war - what can we do, we are sportsmen, we play fair, but what can we do when people think they came in here an play football on a rubber field?

There is no more good will. We demand an explanation!

SD
PoThePanda on Sat, 16th May 2009 1:45 am

Dear SD,

This is the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF North Korea…Oops,i mean Singapore!

There is covert ops going even as we speak,and they are preparing for an Operation again soon.

God help us all.I will likely be targeted.

Regards,
Tan Yeong Hong
idunbelieveit on Sat, 16th May 2009 2:49 am

You guys should start a contingency plan now, in preparation for election time, that will allow content to be delivered in any conceivable scenario.
Singaporedaddy on Sat, 16th May 2009 3:19 am

Hey Admin

“Do you think they will give anybody an explanation for their actions?”

I am a paying customer; if I go to a food court and I ask for mee siam and I get a dead rat dressed up a soul food; then I have every right to ask the vendor whats happening here?

You need to understand this is my elemental right even if i happen to be in Timbuktu - that is the whole idea of a free market enterprise.

I dont care about politics; this is not a personal matter, it is business, for any enterprise to prosper there must be stability, consistency and predictability - without these key attributes it will cost us alot of inconvenience as there is more here than just blogging; we need a stable platform to grow a gaming economy, we cannot disappear from the radar for hours it is bad for business.

These service providers or whoever is responsible for this need to get their priorities right and focus on stability and creating a condusive environment where trade and commerce can take root.

If you say, you dont even know why your site went on the blink for 6 hours, then you would do well to consider the various possibillites.

Dont worry, we are bringing in experts here; they will give us the various models and run through the whole chronology step by step; one thing about the internet is there is always enough electronic bread crumbs around to build up a picture - everything has a electronic trail and we have the best path finders. This has been signed off at the highest level of the brotherhood as they are very concerned. Once when know how it happened - then we will proceed to develop interdiction strategies and develop a host of countermeasures - an arms race of sorts will be percipitated.

I did not want this arms race to happen, but what can we do. I have tried my best to be fair and even be a sportsman, but what can be expected when some people believe they can even switch off the lights whenever they feel the need to do so without regard to others. How do you think they are? Are they gods?

If security is an issue, then tell us, make it clear, most people are reasonable better still buy us dinner sit down and talk to us and tell us your concerns, even the mafia and yakuza do that before deciding to fight over turf.

But pls dont tell me this is a mere coincidence; dont insult my intelligence; as I said, the experts will be coming in, they will go through this whole matter with a fine tooth comb and I assure you all, we will get right down to the root of the cause and take the matter to its logical conclusion.

SD
Robox on Sat, 16th May 2009 4:30 am

You know I agree with the poster who wrote about having a contingency plan, particularly in view of future elections. (Thanks PAP IB for the advance warning, but you are so stupid.)

Or why not just pull out of Singapore?
JohnnyKid on Sat, 16th May 2009 8:49 am

I would like to see the brotherhood in action finally.
international caskets on Sat, 16th May 2009 1:07 pm

If you touch the brotherhood’s economic interest. Then they will come after you. What people dont realize is every site is like a telephone pole, everything is connected to everything, there is a whole lot of information flowing at any one time. Some people even claim this is how they transfer vast quantities of information without letting know how it is done.

First time this happen, they said ok. Second time, ok, third time ok as well, now that the top guys in the brotherhood say find these people I can guarantee whoever signed off on this stupid plan will be promptly transfered to the Meteorological institute of Singapore in the North pole, because these people will keep on drilling and asking questions and if nothing comes out they will impose sanctions, blockades, boycotts etc.

In other words they will go after you!

You know what I think, they were just giving out those idiots a false sense of confidence, they gave them all the impression, it works and those people became cocky, so they learnt only to use one way and when they used it again and again, one day the brotherhood came along and just said, not it is time for me to teach you what your moma didnt te

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sysadmin on Sat, 16th May 2009 2:07 pm

Haha… Your server is down 6 hours showed that you have a lousy system administrator and you probably have not spent enough money on good backup systems. Don’t blame others and cook up another conspiracy theory. At least pick up the book “Web System Administration for Dummies”.
fairplay on Sat, 16th May 2009 3:45 pm

Dear Singaporedaddy

Thanks for your article. I am an ardent follower of the WP news. I try very hard to understand your posting and still have some questions. You mentioned

“start a site a server in Sweden with intellution capabilities to manage our communication / I have also informed the ottomans and our Turkish allies to do the same in Istanbul/”

What is the implication of this move?

You also mentioned that:

“I want you to see how we will retaliate with a measured economic sanction - within one week if we do not receive a reply the brotherhood will not support the youth olympics - we will bar all sale of critical technology”

This is again very cheem for me to understand. Is WP blog so crucial for the economy of Singapore?

Thank you.

(Hello Fairplay,

It is cheem because you have not learnt how read the alphabet that makes up the language of what we call an online economy - that is the problem with MICA, they have data streaming out from every orifice but they do not know how to make gainful sense of it - you see lee shein loong has lousy advisors who give him bad advice on the internet this accounts for why he said, “second life is not real.” Norrath may not be real, but it has a combine GDP that is equal that of the Russsian economy and the trade in e-gold runs into the billions - do you understand now how the term economy transcends even the dictionary meaning - here reality is alchemy, but have no doubts it is cause and effect that is real when you consider millions of ordinary sane americans are willing to part with real money to buy virtual gold and exotic minerals that only exist in the imagination just to play a game - how is this global economy possible? What makes it tick? How does it work? What is the nucleus that accounts for its dynamics? - it is only possible through routes, linkages and informational highways that must be kept open at all times - things cannot go bump in the night anymore than radar systems in airports can sudddenly stop turning - do you really believe we are only here because we wish to write about social political events? That is a side dish my friend, very much in the way I would nimble at a ladies lobes to convey to her the night is young and there remains greater expectations to come - we cannot remain anonymous forever, there is too much trade in space stations, ray guns etc. The trade is getting bigger and bigger - but one thing is clear, just as the Romans needed roads to move their supplies and control their empire - or the British needed their frigates and dreadnoughts to secure their empire - we too require internet stabilty; the system cannot go down just like that, as there is alot of information being passed through here at a level that even you cannot see, but it all adds up to converge to make something great. One day I will have to invite Vivian and Liu out. I will take them on a cruise along with a few of my girl friends who will pour us “limousin oak,” Cognac circa 1694 (the year was good as it spring came early then, so it will not burn, it will be smooth) and serve us peanuts and beluga caviar while they strut around in their bikini’s; then I will boot up my computer and explain to them slowly in the way a father would share with a child where it all begins and ends and what we have created; then they will know and their ignorance will be a thing of the past.

This is not the time and timing is everything as with fine judgment all things will be revealed.

Fairplay, I am responding to you as I know who you are; and how did I know that? But remember this we are reasonable people and all you really have is one IP that tells you nothing what happens beyond that is conjecture, so let us be clear where we all stand in the chess board of life.

But please understand this nothing must be allowed to threaten our economic interest.

Have a nice day fairplay and please convey my warmest regards to your masters.

(Dont say this is cheem, work it through fairplay, I have spent time writing to yoy, read it again if necessary, you will see the light I hope)

I wish you well

Darkness 2009

auntielucia on Sat, 16th May 2009 3:51 pm

Brotherhood etc shldn’t be so paranoid. Gmail was down 4 several hrs yesterday tooooo
fairplay on Sat, 16th May 2009 7:40 pm

Dear Singaporedaddy
Thank you very much for your explanation. You’re right that I really don’t understand the impact of the online economy. It is something very difficult for me to comprehend.

( Please do not be mistaken Fairplay; the reply came directly from Darkness - he wrote directly to you. You asked a question, for some reason he answered it as best he can. I have known darkness for 8 years. In that period, I can once considered him nothing more than a ruffian but he has dedicated himself to the affairs of the mind. He has through the years grown wise. Wisdom is a great thing, but what is even more valuable is the means to make it work in our favor fairplay - it doesnt take a lot of brains to realize one reason why the govt finds it almost impossible to prosper online is they have relied on fools like Cheong Yip Seng and Tan Tarn how to guide them, they are at best pale comparisons to what can be really offered in a meaningful way - one day may hope is darkness will male our internet a prosperous place lile Paris or New York - he will change many things, but before this cah happen our govt must first admit they know nothing, then everything will change - we will teach them, but it all begins with humility not the seemingly knowledge the hold out to the the truth that is closer to the chimera that we all know will produce absolutely nothing - this I believe is his message to the govt. Reg Singaporedaddy (internet officer of the brotherhood)
cy on Sat, 16th May 2009 10:01 pm

hope this matter is resolved soon.it will be disappointing if this “power failure” happens again at the hustings.

PAP has to decide which is more important: the country or the party

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we do NOT get a reply from the relevant authorities inform the French legation to start a site a server in Sweden with intellution capabilities to manage our communication / I have also informed the ottomans and our Turkish allies to do the same in Istanbul/

This line of bullshit really takes the cake.

Wayangpartry is just a blog site and yet they try to make it sound like a mega-international organisation with petty concern for Singapotre, especially petty concern over Workers party in Singapore.

So you have server trouble, BIG DEAL!!!!

these guys must have been smoking crack.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be fair to WP, those comments and the intial post actually comes from a mystery online group known as "Brotherhood" and its members SingaporeDaddy(SD) and Darkness...i gather Brotherhood are in some sort of collaboration with WP although it is not part of WP's set up...

This line of bullshit really takes the cake.

Wayangpartry is just a blog site and yet they try to make it sound like a mega-international organisation with petty concern for Singapotre, especially petty concern over Workers party in Singapore.

So you have server trouble, BIG DEAL!!!!

these guys must have been smoking crack.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be fair to WP, those comments and the intial post actually comes from a mystery online group known as "Brotherhood" and its members SingaporeDaddy(SD) and Darkness...i gather Brotherhood are in some sort of collaboration with WP although it is not part of WP's set up...

I have my doubts about them.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i find them quite amusing with their bombastic commentary and self importantance...here i mean Brotherhood

That is why i said I have my doubts.

They make themselves sound sooooooooooo something when actually they appear to be nothing.

Its just a server down and they make it sound like some WMD. Real crap.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another sinkie rant of bullshit just because the sinkie web surfer is impatient. Come on lah. His whole life is just to depend on the site for survival? Can't you smell something fishy is going on.

Nobody will publish a letter just because a site is down. If the site is down, go to another site to enjoy and play games lah. sinkie craziness.