Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

Default Re: Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

Can you imagine being posted back as an expat. If its an MNC, you will attend an orientation with mostly ang mos, brought around to see rental properties by ang mo relocation agents in the company of local agents, ( yes nearly all relocation agents are ang mos as their clients claim that we cannot understand our needs). You will also get housing and car allowance.

I have always encouraged those who migrated to come back and enjoy at least 3 years especially after their kids are self sufficient in the new country as schools here for expats are ex and a waste of time for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Come back as a PR...much better perks than citizens.

No lah, it means that you and your skillset are global and you can command your more than a decent salary. You should see the faces of their ex-collegues when they return on expat terms. I have told about a real case involving an NUS Assoc Prof in Medicine. Migrated to Sydney, spent 2 years then to collect Citizenship. Came back full expat terms including housing, car and same job. Very nice couple, got along with everyone. By the way a full prof in those days gets black and white or Pandan Valley Penthouse.

You got to enjoy life now that you are no longer burden with the PAP and the PAP does look after foreigners well.

Quote Originally Posted by nayr69sg View Post
    If migrate already renounce citizenship and then still have to go back to sinkieland means really cannot make it! Might as well never have migrated!

My Reputation Points: 298 / Power: 0

If migrate already renounce citizenship and then still have to go back to sinkieland means really cannot make it! Might as well never have migrated!
    Just saying...already burnt my bridges.

Anyway even you come back as PR...ICA will give you a hard time.

No they won't. You just have to fill an additional form for ex Singaporean males. Most MNCs have agency that do that and it will take 3 to 4 weeks as opposed to 1 week for other PR. No other hassle after that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Just saying...already burnt my bridges.

Anyway even you come back as PR...ICA will give you a hard time.

My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

There is nothing to "enjoy" in Singapore. Work is insane. Stress. Crowds. HEAT and HUMIDITY. Awful rude people.

Seriously if my skills are global which it actually is now because I have CCFP. Why would I choose sinkieland? I could go to Australia, New Zealand, UK, Europe, USA.

This is why the FT you get in sinkieland is crap. The cannot make it go to sinkieland. Those who cannot go to Australia New Zealand UK Canada USA. Eg Indian FTs

Notice I mentioned MNCs a number of times. There are a lot of MNCs who have made Singapore their regional headquarters. They are actually quite keen on Singaporeans with 1st world experience and operating in the Asia Pacific space. I do agree it will be a complete waste of time if it is local employer with a local market or a GLC.

Know the daughter of a migrant who came here to work of Temasek PR Department. She had worked in Geneva for the UN, studied abroad since Primary school. She said she learnt nothing while in Temasek and was completely deflated. She left to join another company.

I do agree that FTs in Singapore in the main are crap. No arguments there.

There is nothing to "enjoy" in Singapore. Work is insane. Stress. Crowds. HEAT and HUMIDITY. Awful rude people.

Seriously if my skills are global which it actually is now because I have CCFP. Why would I choose sinkieland? I could go to Australia, New Zealand, UK, Europe, USA.

This is why the FT you get in sinkieland is crap. The cannot make it go to sinkieland. Those who cannot go to Australia New Zealand UK Canada USA. Eg Indian FTs

My children are regularly updated and educated on events in Singapore. The CPF the Presidential Malay Election.

They will not waste their time going to Singapore. You learn nothing there and work experience in Singapore is worthless on the world stage.

In any case if they do work for MNCs and are selected to work in Sinkieland as expats, likely Sinkie gahment will reject them and MNCs can see how petty sinkieland is and that would save my children from having to live and work in that hell hole.
    Last edited by nayr69sg; 22-07-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Was referring to those who migrated. Not kids of migrant parents. Schooled and raised in the West and with friends and schoolmates there , there is very little connection to come to Singapore. To them it an alien world. If they come, it will be a paid holiday for internship and working holiday or a posting from HQ. The only kids who will even consider to come back are those who are cannot compete in the West and hope their Ang Mo accent will help them here. They will laugh at you if you suggested it. Its like our parents asking us to go back to China to work. The exceptions are those who can command something big because of their skills.

Former MOS Tay Eng Soon's daughter Margaret went to the US , married Ang Mo and settled there for good. Was working in the US for Goldman Sachs, then posted to HK. She is now forms the leadership in Temasek. She is paid a ton. Smart girl, her uncle whacks the daylight of the PAP every opportunity her gets and she is making good money at the same time.

My children are regularly updated and educated on events in Singapore. The CPF the Presidential Malay Election.

They will not waste their time going to Singapore. You learn nothing there and work experience in Singapore is worthless on the world stage.

In any case if they do work for MNCs and are selected to work in Sinkieland as expats, likely Sinkie gahment will reject them and MNCs can see how petty sinkieland is and that would save my children from having to live and work in that hell hole.

If Margaret forms the leadership in Temasek it means she is a piece of shit looking at the crap performance of Temasek. No good talent would be working for Temasek. Temasek over pays for mediocre.

Likely she is there because of connections. All the Temasek assholes ar connected.

While sinkies think that money is everything other people in the world do not think the same.

Thread Information