• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC FTrash; Oleempig Shows PRC POWERFUL!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lumber 1 ego at work! No wonder the Old Fart likes his PRC FTrash pet so much!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Beijing shows its power with big Olympic party

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->I APPRECIATE Mr Chua Chin Hon's article on Tuesday asking if the Beijing Olympic Games will bring China real changes ('Games face just a mask?'). Some of the concerns and questions in the article are genuine, such as fears that pollution may return after the games and the way the government handled a factory closing to improve air quality. However, to say or selectively quote to say what China has done for these Olympic Games is just for face value and gold medals are a waste of money seems to show a lack of vision. The Beijing Olympics have served as a window for the world to see another side of China and its people, unlike the typical Hollywood images. The fresh images ordinary Chinese people have shown to the world during the games, positive, confident and optimistic about the country's bright future, are priceless. To many proud Chinese, the message China wants to send to the world is simple: the day China is back to where it was - centre of the world stage - is coming. Historically, different powers have chosen to send similar messages in their own ways, mostly by military means. China chose to show its power by organising the biggest party for humanity. I believe everyone will agree is a better way.
<!-- story content : start -->I thank Mr Chua for his insights and analysis as I well understand the Chinese idiom, 'Zhong yan ni er' (Candid advice may be unpleasant to the ear). Unfortunately, at the same time, I was appalled by the cartoon with the article. It depicts monsters coming out of the official mascots of the Beijing games. We have had enough political hoo-hah and demonisation of the Beijing Olympics already, the bad mouthing has somewhat been balanced by the success of the games and the warm hearts shown by volunteers and Chinese people in the past 16 days. <!-- story content : start -->Yang Jian