• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

poor Gao Ning discovered the reality of being castrated by Sg treatment of NS slaves

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wimp or warrior?
By Reggie J
August 28, 2008 Print Ready Email Article

DID we send a wimp, instead of a gladiator, to the Olympics?

That's the question on our minds after seeing the behaviour of the men's No. 1 table tennis player, Gao Ning, after he lost.

Hey, athletes who take part in the Olympic Games are a special breed of sportsmen and women, my dear chap.

They are Olympian warriors.

Not an incredible sulk.

To reach the international pinnacle of human endeavour in sports, Olympians must possess mental toughness, uncommon skill, strength and tenacity.

Well, this is how I have always regarded the men and women who gather every four years to win honours for their country and for themselves in this, the Mother of Sports meet.

That's why I cannot understand why our dear warrior Gao Ning looked so crestfallen when he realised his coach was not at his side to lend him moral support.

Gao, ranked 12th in the world, went on to lose 0-4 to his unfancied opponent, Tan Ruiwu, of Croatia.

A band of Singapore coaches, cheering on the side with arms interlocked, could not have changed this result for Gao.

This loss and the circumstances surrounding the fiasco have been well-reported in the media.

In tears

Sure, it was unfortunate that a coach was not at hand to offer tips.

But I don't understand why Gao was such a softie.

Olympians should be made of sterner stuff. Even if the coach was not around, he should have had the mettle to tough it out.

After all, he surely could not have been intimidated by a low-ranked player like Tan.

All his years of training, all his accumulated table tennis skills should have been enough for him to obliterate his opponent.

But he cracked and was later in tears.

I saw this match and witnessed him throwing away the last point by deliberately not returning Tan's last return - which was the match's coup de grace.

When Tan patted Gao on the back as if to commiserate with him, the latter ignored this friendly gesture.

Tan later patted Gao's back a second time and the Singaporean paddler just walked away.

Sportsmanship was also absent that day, not just the coach.by

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: poor Gao Ning discovered the reality of being castrated by Sg treatment of NS sl

well , what do we expect anything but a softie after being made to spar with the girls for the past few months?:biggrin:
a bit of the femininity got to him la

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: poor Gao Ning discovered the reality of being castrated by Sg treatment of NS sl

well , what do we expect anything but a softie after being made to spar with the girls for the past few months?:biggrin:
a bit of the femininity got to him la

I heard recently, he beginning to wear bra and thongs !!

Manchu

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this sissy do not have the potential to meet our Olympic medal dreams, then why continue to throw away good taxpayers' money on this dude ?????

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this sissy do not have the potential to meet our Olympic medal dreams, then why continue to throw away good taxpayers' money on this dude ?????

It is a "long term" investment.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if he is good, china would not have let him go in the first place.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have a question :

Why is Bruised Lee kpkb about no body supprting cry baby if she was there supposely cheering with Singapore flag (BTW, to play around with the country's flag is ok ?) ?

Where was she ? Also went with the crowd to support the higher chance ones ?

It just shows everyone loves to be seen with winners !!