• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mum who left baby at Tiong Bahru taxi stand says: 'I wanted my hubby's attention'

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,199730,00.html?

Mum who left baby at Tiong Bahru taxi stand says:
'I wanted my hubby's attention'
By Vivien Chan

April 23, 2009

NP_IMAGES_VCMUM.jpg

ST FILE PICTURE

SHE abandoned her toddler at a taxi stand - all because she craved her husband's attention.

Yesterday, Anne (not her real name), 32, was sentenced to 18 months of supervised probation for wilful neglect of a child under 12.

She cannot be named because her child is a minor.

She told The New Paper yesterday: 'I didn't plan it at all, I wasn't thinking. My mind was a complete blank.'

In an unusual ruling, Community Court Judge May Mesenas ordered that the mother cannot be left alone with her child when they go out. The judge also ordered that from now on, either the 2 1/2-year-old boy's father or grandmother would have to accompany the woman when the child is around.

Last 11 Sep, Anne pushed her son in a pram from Beo Crescent to Tiong Bahru Plaza. She recalled: 'When I walked past the taxi stand, I just let go.'

She left the pram at the taxi stand and walked away.

Looking down, she added: 'I really don't know why I did that.'

She later said that she was frustrated that her husband, Paul (not his real name), was neglecting her. The husband is a 29-year-old security officer who works shifts.

Anne also felt trapped between her husband and her mother.

'I always have to be the middle person, it's very difficult,' she added.

In an Institute of Mental Health (IMH) report submitted to the court, Anne's mother described Paul as being 'non-communicative, immature, not taking on any responsibility for the care of his child'.

It was not the first time Anne had left her baby unattended. Court documents revealed that she left her son in his pram at a taxi stand at Marsiling MRT Station at 9pm on 1 Sep.

She had an argument with Paul earlier that day and thought he would pass the taxi stand on his way home and see the baby.

The charge of wilful neglect for the 1 Sep incident was taken into consideration during sentencing.

It was also not the first time Anne had run afoul of the law. According to the IMH report, she was jailed a year in 1998 for taking ecstasy and also spent time behind bars in 2002 and 2003 for stealing cosmetics.

On the rocks

Anne's mother revealed in the report that her daughter knew Paul for only two months before they married and that her child was illegitimate.

Anne's lawyer, Mr Noor Mohamed Marican, said she wanted to use their son to get close to Paul again. Yesterday, the couple held hands before and after her time in court.

Paul told The New Paper: 'When I found out what she did, I wasn't angry. But I felt guilty that I hadn't been spending much time with her.'

Anne interrupted: 'It's not too late.'

Both exchanged smiles and held hands tightly. They have talked about their problems and learnt the importance of communication, Paul said.

Anne added: 'Before, we never really talked because he works almost every day. He works shifts and he had no time for me.'

He said that they are now closer than before.

She was charged originally with child abandonment, but it was later reduced to a lesser charge of wilful neglect of a child under 12.

Court documents revealed that Anne suffers from post-natal depression and has borderline IQ.

Under the probation order, Anne has to attend regular psychiatric follow-up treatment and counselling, and take her medication regularly.

Paul posted a $5,000 bond to ensure his wife's good behaviour.

Judge Mesenas advised him: 'You must be on top of things, know what's happening with your child.'

The couple must also attend marital and parental counselling sessions.

Judge Mesenas warned that if she commits the offence again, her child could be taken away and placed in foster care.

She also voiced concerns about the couple's living arrangements. Without a flat of their own, they alternate between their parents' homes, which are far from each other.

Judge Mesenas said: 'You have to sit down and think about what is practical. Think of a solution for both you and your child.'

The couple are applying for a new HDB flat, but said they will also consider buying a resale flat.

Judge Mesenas ordered a review of the case in three months.

Anne could have been fined up to $4,000, jailed for up to four years, or both.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like is a mat..

telltale signs

1)her lawyer is a mat..

2)husband is security officer

3)shotgun marriage

4)she has boderline IQ

5)jail for stealing cosmetics and taking ecstasy

6)they dun have a home of their own

conclusion : must be a mat

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's presurized life cause people to be stupid and doing crazy things.

USA is the same now:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/ap_on_re_us/us_fed_up_mom

Mom in drive-off case allowed contact with kids

AP

Wed Apr 22, 11:42 am ET

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A judge is now allowing contact between a New York mother and the young daughters she is accused of ordering out of her car for arguing.

White Plains City Judge Barbara Leak has modified a temporary order of protection against 45-year-old Madlyn Primoff (PRIM'-ahf).

Her lawyer, Vincent Briccetti (brih-SET'-ee), says Primoff is no longer barred from living or talking with her 10- and 12-year-old daughters.

Primoff has pleaded not guilty to child endangerment. Police say the upset 10-year-old was found Sunday on a White Plains street.

A police report says the mother ordered both girls out of the car and drove off. They were three miles from their home in Scarsdale.

The order of protection was modified Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/ap_on_re_us/us_fed_up_mom_8

Police say mom ordered daughters out, drove off
AP

This April 20, 2009 photo provided by the White Plains Police Department shows AP – This April 20, 2009 photo provided by the White Plains Police Department shows Madlyn Primoff of Scarsdale, …
By JIM FITZGERALD, Associated Press Writer Jim Fitzgerald, Associated Press Writer – Wed Apr 22, 12:23 am ET

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Usually, it's an empty threat: "If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car right now and leave you here!" But a mother from an upper-crust New York suburb went through with it, ordering her battling 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in White Plains' business district and driving off, police said Tuesday.

Madlyn Primoff, 45, a partner in a Manhattan law firm, pleaded not guilty Monday to a charge of endangering a child. A temporary order of protection was issued, barring her from contact with the children, who were physically unharmed.

Primoff's lawyer, Vincent Briccetti, would not comment Tuesday on details of the case. But he said, "Madlyn is a great mother connected with a great family, and she is grateful for the outpouring of support from friends and family."

There wasn't much support from strangers, however. Mothers interviewed near the scene said they couldn't imagine doing what Primoff did, though some understood the urge.

Iris Gorodess, 49, of Mahopac, who has four children ranging from 10 to 19 years old, said she sympathized with Primoff's actions, right up to the point where she pulled away.

"I used to pull over and make the kids change seats. Also, I make sure the kids have their iPods and their games. And I have a minivan, so they're not up my neck all the time.

"But I can't see pulling away. That has to be too scary for the children."

White Plains police said Primoff ordered the arguing girls out of the car Sunday evening as they were driving home. She left them at Post Road and South Broadway, an area of shops and offices 3 miles from their home, then drove off, the police report said.

The report does not say whether the girls had cell phones.

Police would not say if Primoff ever returned to look for the girls, but they said, without explaining how, that the 12-year-old eventually caught up with the mother. The 10-year-old was found by a "Good Samaritan" on the street, upset and emotional about losing her mother, police said.

The girl gave police her mother's name and their address in well-to-do Scarsdale, and they asked Scarsdale police to check Primoff's $2 million house. Shortly afterward, Primoff called Scarsdale police from home to say the 10-year-old was missing, said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Bryant Clark.

He directed her to White Plains police headquarters, where she was arrested.

Dr. Richard Gersh, director of psychiatric services at the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services in Manhattan, said Primoff's behavior was not appropriate.

"It is a traumatic situation for a child to be abandoned by a parent like that. You can imagine what emotional issues might arise," he said.