• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GKY said he was demoted from teacher to Minister of Education

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ESTHER NG

[email protected]

AS A fresh graduate, do I really have to accept a blue-collar job?
This plaintive question — sent via SMS by a participant in the audience, who worried that it would affect one’s shot at a PMET job after the economy recovers — drew some laughter as it was read aloud.
But Manpower Minister Gan Kim Yong was in earnest as he advised this participant, and the other 80 or so youthful participants at the dialogue session with Young NTUC, to be flexible when job-hunting in a downturn. He urged them to “take up any job that is available”, as there would always be “opportunities to upgrade later on”.
Say an employer asks why you’ve not been working for the past one year — do you answer that there were “no jobs available”?
“Employers will not believe because there are always jobs available,” said Mr Gan. “Employers will think ... if in a crisis situation you’re willing to sit at home and do nothing, it means that you’re not flexible.”
For instance, Mr Gan revealed his “dream job” had been to teach, but the closest he got to it was as Minister of State for Education. . (Oh yea? a demotion or your aspiration since it is a million dollar pay package job)

The important thing is not to look for things we like to do, but to like the things that you’re doing”, (of course, if everyone is paid millions like you, they will definite like the things they do. I am sure you will not want to wait on the table to serve dishes if given a choice?).

he stressed, reiterating that many jobs are available in the fields of early childhood education, tourism, science and technology. (den why forced people to go into university paying thousands of dollars and promised them dream jobs and golden period ahead? If these kind of jobs are what Singapore can offer to Singaporean, why not start doing such courses as young as secondary school right up to diploma).

The two-hour forum at NTUC Centre yesterday involved mostly young unionists, and the issues they raised centred on the recession and other hurdles for graduates in the job market.
One asked: Are there enough training places for everyone, and should they look to upgrade their skills in an area they like — or train for where there is a market need?
Giving his assurance of sufficient training resources and capacity, Mr Gan advised job-seekers to approach the Employment and Employability Institute or Community Development Councils, where “career consultants” will help match their abilities with “market needs”. Training comes in where there is a mismatch, he said.
Ms Joyce Wong, 21, wondered if local graduates with degrees from private institutions enjoy equal job prospects as graduates from the three local universities.
Ms Mabel Siew, 23, wanted to know why applicants are compelled to disclose whether they are bankrupt and their medical conditions. Should they answer truthfully? “Because if you do, chances are you may not get the job,” she told Today later.
Both were hoping for some form of anti-discrimination legislation, but were not surprised when Mr Gan said the Government would “rather not legislate because the employer can get information through other means”. (of course, he will not answer, discrimination is part and parcel of life, Singapore lost all forms of equality. So students were conned to read those pledged everyday and now they realised they were cheated)

He advised job applicants to be “honest” and, if they encounter discrimination, to approach the Tripartite Centre for Fair Employment. (Easy said for him than done for us, he looks so relax on the sofa giving rhetoric speeches).

On recognition of degrees, he said: “Even if you put up legislation, when you apply, (employers) can choose not to accept.” Rather, it’s up to private education providers to market themselves — like UniSIM, which has “built up its reputation” and “companies are happy with their graduates”, said Mr Gan.
The question about a CPF cut also cropped up. Mr Gan’s reply: There would not be one “for the time being”.
“Let’s focus on pushing ahead with Spur (Skills Programme for Upgrading and Resilience) and Jobs Credit.
I think Jobs Credit has been very effective in helping companies manage their cost of employing local workers ... We also have Workfare Income Supplement and so on — we need to get these implemented,” he said. (he forgot his own ministry's statistic that shows retrenchment has shot up in 1st quarter, so was it a success for all these stupid schemes? Denial again).

Conclusion: Ministers are good in SHIT TALKS.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
212tuog.jpg

Now u understand the value of talk cock skill! *hee*hee*

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
212tuog.jpg

Now u understand the value of talk cock skill! *hee*hee*

Biggest talk cock king since the previous talk-cock king Lim Swee Say. What he said is not even remotely convincing.

"For instance, Mr Gan revealed his “dream job” had been to teach, but the closest he got to it was as Minister of State for Education."
Why don't you quit to teach? Wayang bastard!:oIo:

“The important thing is not to look for things we like to do, but to like the things that you’re doing”
Stupid advice - Should advise people to do things that they like and not concern about money. Vote this clueless bastard out in the next election!:oIo:

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>>"For instance, Mr Gan revealed his “dream job” had been to teach, but the closest he got to it was as Minister of State for Education."
Why don't you quit to teach? Wayang bastard!<<<

I also can reveal my dream job was to be a golf caddy, but the closest I got to it was to be Tiger Woods.

truely, another pap fucking wayang talking cock bastard.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: GKY fucked the graudates

Biggest talk cock king since the previous talk-cock king Lim Swee Say. What he said is not even remotely convincing.

"For instance, Mr Gan revealed his “dream job” had been to teach, but the closest he got to it was as Minister of State for Education."

If I am a student there, I would have threw a question straight into his face. Why don't you teach and make your dreams come true then? I am sure MOE has now opened up thousand of vacancies for teacher.

And see if he has the gut to tell the audience that by going into teaching he will be underutilisd now. Just like many PMET who are underutised and not wiling to go into blue collar job. Than again, this kind of ministered is borned like a robot without a heart and mind. They are programmed by their master and a chip is inside them to fool us that they are alive like human.

Really insult the intelligence of the students and this kind of forum shouldn't even begin in the first place.

Last edited:

Evo888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: GKY fucked the graudates

oh my oh my...i wanna be "demoted" as well! damn! come on...demote me!

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Multi-million dollar ministers expect to move people with their stories??? It's like ministers saying "I also suffer like you, I took a 20% pay cut (but still earning millions".

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ambition since young was to stay in a 4-room flat but the nearest I got was to stay in a condo next to the beach. Do I sound 'hao lian' with such a remark?

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Gan is a cock sucking, cock talking asshole sia!

Look at how these MPs talk sia?!?

They really lost the feelings on the ground already, they should fuck off and make way for those who are passionate about serving the people from bottom levels up!

FUCK PAP!!!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Gan is a cock sucking, cock talking asshole sia!
Look at how these MPs talk sia?!?
They really lost the feelings on the ground already, they should fuck off and make way for those who are passionate about serving the people from bottom levels up!
FUCK PAP!!!
:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Sadly our supposedly world class system only rewards "yes men" who tell what their master likes to hear.
Only way is to rid of these parasites at the polls and show them who their true masters are.