• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA CEO: Geylang Serai market is run by PAP Kampong Ubi CCC!!!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
After keeping the news under wraps for almost 3 weeks, NEA CEO Andrew Tan has finally let the cat out of the bag over the background of the Geylang Serai Market: it is built and managed by a PAP grassroots organization - Kampong Ubi Citizens Consultative Committee (CCC)!!

In a letter sent to the media, Mr Andrew Tan wrote:

“When markets and hawker centres are being upgraded, grassroot organisations and their advisers can choose to have a temporary market which is not provided for under the Government’s Hawker Centres Upgrading Programme.

If so, they also carry the responsibility of keeping the temporary market clean to meet NEA standards. However, NEA will intervene if it assesses the need to do so in the interest of public health.

In the case of Geylang Serai Market, the Kampong Ubi CCC decided to build and manage the temporary market. Despite the best of efforts put in by the Temporary Market Management Committee in implementing its cleaning regime and in tackling the rat infestation problem, the problem had persisted.”

I believe Mr Tan is trying to be diplomatic here so as not to offend the PAP.

The market management committee has been “managing” the market for 3 years. How can they fail to eradicate the rats which is easily accomplished by pest controllers in less than a week!

If this represents the “best” effort put in by the Kampong CCC, then I really worry about the other temporary markets which are run by these grassroots organizations.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=7895

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
this CEO should be investigated for the statement if it is true that he said it.
ultimately,they are still the dept in control.
things happen now,trying to push the blame on others. :mad: :mad:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kg ubi cc heck care geylang serai market cleanliness ...

nea heck care kg ubi cc whether got check geylang serai market cleanliness ...

gd! ... start pointing fingers! ...

oi! ah kg ubi cc ...

fire back la! ...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even then, does it absolve NEA and the $$$million Minister and his running dogs of any responsibility where monitoring and enforcing the market cleaniless is concerned? Especially when the serious rat and other hygiene problems affecting the market had been brought to their attention repeatedly? Is pointing finger the best these $$$million Minister and running dogs are capable of?

th_yaboob.jpg
th_ST_IMAGES_LWLSINGLE.jpg
th_2jdrfp2.jpg

KNN! Comprain so much up the stall rental then u know! *hee*hee*

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
The market management committee has been “managing” the market for 3 years. How can they fail to eradicate the rats which is easily accomplished by pest controllers in less than a week!

It is a shame. The only way to improve I think is to change the entire market management committee. Bring in new faces & let a new culture evolve. :smile:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wanted to write about this since last week, but was busy moving house etc.

It is absolutely true that PAp cronies had been lucrative and arrogant with these horrible unhygienic Temp Hawker Centers and Markets.

E.g. when food center went into renovation - they closed for something like 18 months. So hawkers who depend on daily income from stalls either have to go look for job (very hard) to work elsewhere or pay out a huge lump-sum to PAp cronies to get their temp stalls in a place built and run by PAp bastards.

One hawker told me he paid $8000 another told me he paid $13000 - one time lump sum to rent their temp stalls for over a year, when their markets were under LOOONG LOOONG renovations.

These lucrative dogs of famiLEE LEEgime are very arrogant and wealthy.

In 2005-2006 before the GE, I helped SDP to sell The New Democrats at places such as Jurong GRC.

At this St 24 Yu Hua Village place of Jurong East, the market and food center was torn down for renovations. It is next to the Jurong Town Council. Yu Foo Yi Shun's ward. A temp market food center dark narrow packed and dirty was operating just next to the luxury Jurong Town Council building. SDP went int the temp market to sell TND, and one old member man a table displaying TND + SDP banners outside.

One PAp dog with a large Merz came and parked. Then he went up to confront the old man SDP member who was alone at the sales table.

He said SDP can not sell there. Why? Because HE BUILT AND OWN THAT MARKET!

Then he went on to remove SDP's banners at the desk. The old member was there alone but he struggled and resisted this PAp Dog.

When I got the news and got there this PAp dog drove off in his Merz already. I should had filmed him for YouTube.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4368/travel_site_111289/

After keeping the news under wraps for almost 3 weeks, NEA CEO Andrew Tan has finally let the cat out of the bag over the background of the Geylang Serai Market: it is built and managed by a PAP grassroots organization - Kampong Ubi Citizens Consultative Committee (CCC)!!

“When markets and hawker centres are being upgraded, grassroot organisations and their advisers can choose to have a temporary market which is not provided for under the Government’s Hawker Centres Upgrading Programme.

If so, they also carry the responsibility of keeping the temporary market clean to meet NEA standards. However, NEA will intervene if it assesses the need to do so in the interest of public health.

In the case of Geylang Serai Market, the Kampong Ubi CCC decided to build and manage the temporary market. Despite the best of efforts put in by the Temporary Market Management Committee in implementing its cleaning regime and in tackling the rat infestation problem, the problem had persisted.”

If this represents the “best” effort put in by the Kampong CCC, then I really worry about the other temporary markets which are run by these grassroots organizations.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you please add the photo of BG Chef Tan:biggrin:
Even then, does it absolve NEA and the $$$million Minister and his running dogs of any responsibility where monitoring and enforcing the market cleaniless is concerned? Especially when the serious rat and other hygiene problems affecting the market had been brought to their attention repeatedly? Is pointing finger the best these $$$million Minister and running dogs are capable of?

th_yaboob.jpg
th_ST_IMAGES_LWLSINGLE.jpg
th_2jdrfp2.jpg

KNN! Comprain so much up the stall rental then u know! *hee*hee*

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
in spore, most of the problem here can trace its root cause back to PAP. but then, the people just refuse to face it. they blame this blame that, just don't look at the root cause. so how? Lppl.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I have said before it must be confirm a PAP minister or member of parliment inside the main issue.

If not for the effectiveness of our PAP government, within 5 days the main culprit will be handed over to the police already. Like the case of Indian Rojak man, so fast he kanna prepared to go to court and be ready to be sued.

Because there is a PAP member dog of parliment inside the story and that's why it dragged for weeks before the news is being release to the public. And before the news was released, they must go and cleaned up the place and reduce the tension and dissatisfaction of the Singaporeans emotions to the minimum, then the "cat is already to be release out from the bag."