• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Singapore] - Steven Lim’s Muay Thai opponent dies hours after bout

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Pradip died of a heart attack. Shouldn't he, a competitive bodybuilder, have some form of stamina? That wasn't a long bout.

It has absolutely nothing to do with stamina. It is all about the fact that he is an Ah Neh and Indians are at high risk of heart attacks by middle age.

http://www.indialivetoday.com/india...f-utmost-importance-during-attack/199589.html
[FONT=&amp]New Delhi, September 15: According to statistics, Indians are prone to acute heart attacks at a youn...[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Read more at: http://www.indialivetoday.com/india...f-utmost-importance-during-attack/199589.html[/FONT]

http://tennews.in/indians-increasingly-becoming-prone-heart-attacks/
As per reports, India witnesses about two million heart attacks every year with majority of the victims being youngsters. One person dies every 33 seconds in India due to a heart attack and Indians are becoming victims 10 years ahead of the people in the West. IMA indicates that men who live in urban areas are thrice at a risk for this condition as those living in villages. In women, the risk increases significantly after menopause.

http://www.thebrowndesi.com/buzz/indians-prone-heart-attacks/

Life expectancy has increased significantly in this century. Forty is the new 20, and mid-life crises now occur in one’s 50s, rather than 30s. In a world where people live well into their 80s and beyond, people expect you to be around — almost forever.

Amidst such expectations, imagine a 37-year old putting his 6-year old daughter to bed at night and then himself go to sleep only to never wake up again.

I lost three friends in three weeks. All of them were accomplished individuals–exuberant, with a zest for life. All were also Indian who passed away in their sleep. Heart breakingly, all were also young – between 37 and 53 years old.

Here’s a Stanford study that highlights this, it includes all South Asians and rightly so, since we are all quite similar in our habits. Although I am emphasizing on Indians, since I am one, I think it is pertinent for all South Asians to watch this.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...one-to-heart-disease/articleshow/26699282.cms

"One day last year, my husband complained of severe pain in his left arm, and we rushed him to the hospital. He was diagnosed with coronary artery disease and an angioplasty was performed. The doctors said his occasional smoking and drinking, work stress and a high-calorie diet were the culprits. It was a scary experience and a big wake-up call. He has quit smoking and has stopped drinking completely," says Sunita.

Aravind K, 32, also went to the doctor after he felt pain in his left arm and neck. He was surprised when he was told that it was a mild heart attack. He was operated on, and in this case as well, doctors blamed his attack on his stressful job, high-calorie intake and a sedentary lifestyle. "I've always been fairly healthy and rarely found the need to visit the doctor. I didn't think my eating habits were all that bad; my father is 65 years old and has never suffered from a serious ailment," says Aravind.

Sunita's husband and Aravind are among a growing number of young people who have suffered life-threatening diseases. Heart attacks were once only associated with people in their late 50s and 60s. Recently, more people in their 20s, 30s and 40s have been getting heart ailments. Actor Frankie Muniz, 27, recently suffered his second minor heart attack in one year. The actor and musician claims to have never smoked a cigarette in his life or done drugs, but admitted he "eats like a 10-year-old". Working non-stop was another trigger. Former cricketer Vinod Kambli, 41, suffered a heart attack last week when he was driving. He complained of chest pain and was taken to the hospital by a woman traffic officer. This was his second time as well, as he had undergone an angioplasty on two of his blocked arteries last year.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It looked more like concussion. Then upon realisation that he has lost to that fucktard Steven Lim, cardiac arrest respiratory failure set in?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prolonged steroid use also damages the heart arteries. Not pointing fingers .. Just laying out the medical facts

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some dumbass must have made a decision to go ahead with the bout without head gear since that would obscure the fighters' faces for cameras... That dumbass will pay for his decision

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Some dumbass must have made a decision to go ahead with the bout without head gear since that would obscure the fighters' faces for cameras... That dumbass will pay for his decision

We did lots of boxing in OCS and there was no headgear in sight. It simply is not necessary.

Go to Thailand and you certainly won't see any headgear. Even the kids don't use it.

[video=youtube_share;jV6u4UtkbSU]https://youtu.be/jV6u4UtkbSU[/video]

Besides the Ah Neh did not die of brain damage he died because his heart was all clogged up from the ghee all his food is cooked in.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Is body building the same as boxing and is this body builder trained in boxing? Who even approve such a fight?

Charity fights are commonplace the world over. They are a regular feature in NZ.

As long as insurance and indemnity paperwork are properly arranged and the fight is overseen by a qualified authority it will go ahead.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charity fights are commonplace the world over. They are a regular feature in NZ.

As long as insurance and indemnity paperwork are properly arranged and the fight is overseen by a qualified authority it will go ahead.

It just seems Singkie regulations are pretty lax with regards to this fight..it's beginning to feel like those underground fights of the old fays

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Would any of you like to watch a charity fight between me and some oppie supporter or politician? I would let the match go for several rounds before putting that oppie into the ground.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;9jRMgdRi29o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRMgdRi29o[/video]

This is what I call Muay Thai!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

hundreds turn up at Pradip wake ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-24-22-54-41_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-24-22-54-41_1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 410

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
............No head protection......

Some dumbass must have made a decision to go ahead with the bout without head .......

Amateur boxers are to be banned from wearing headgear in a bid to reduce the number of head injuries.

While the move sounds counterintuitive, the theory is that opponents don't apply so much force if the head is unprotected.

The new rules, from the International Boxing Association (AIBA), state that from June 1st, amateur, elite male boxers who compete internationally will be banned from wearing headgear, like their professional counterparts.

Another reason for the move is that headgear can obscure peripheral vision, making it harder to see when a blow is being aimed at the side of the head. Indeed, research has shown that a lack of headgear actually reduces the risk of concussion........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...d-bid-REDUCE-head-injuries.html#ixzz4tbsTFCbg

..............one of boxing’s greatest self-delusions is no more......the International Olympic Committee executive board declared that the IOC would not stand in the way of a 2013 AIBA decision to remove headgear from amateur boxing and therefore boxers at this summer’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, will not be wearing headgear.................
...... "AIBA provided medical and technical data that showed the number of concussions is lower without headgear..........
two studies published in 2013 by the AIBA and the British Journal of Sports Medicine, both of which found that headgear not only doesn’t decrease the chance of concussions and lasting brain trauma in fighters; it increases it

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/male...longer-wear-ridiculous-and-dangerous-headgear

I was just as surprised by the above findings after surfing the net to find out the possible reasons why they were not wearing headgears.
My condolences to the family of the late Pradip Subramanian

Last edited: