• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious End of Project Starlight

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Officially (that is, at the command level) it is called Project Starlight.

Sorry, no one here is at the command level. We are all pengkias here. One percent of supposed people in the command level may allegedly call it Project Starlight but the other 99 % call it Exercise Starlight. Just come out and admit you are not a sinkie and likely some Mudlaysian shit.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when we first started training in Taiwan, there was no missile range to speak off, and we never had missiles until we got the Milan. Our main Anti tank weapon was the 84mm Carl Gustav recoiless and the LAW. I am not even sure there is a missile range now, maybe in Kaohshiung. The main 2 reasons that armour was there was there was to train at company level strenght in the wide spaces on Hukou plateau and for their tank firing range. There was no butt at that time in the whole of SE Asia that could safely take a 105mm HE or even APFSDS. That was why our KP were stationed there. To my knowledge, no ROC armour units ever trained with SAF armour units. I am not sure about infantry, but I heard it was the same too. We never exchanged technology with them for the armour units. When Chartered was developing a APFSDS round for the AMX-13, we did offer to develop it with the Taiwanese as they also needed a smaller calibre APFSDS round for their M41 tanks. But they declined to participate. also to my knowledge, we never trained in brigade level exercise with the ROC army either. U must be getting your info some where else. Or my infor is outdated.

Yes ROC troops never trained with our boys.
Maybe it was too sensitive.
But there's one area they did impart their skills to us.
It's the military police precision drill....the rifle throwing that is the NDP crowd favourite. Interestingly that one drill is performed by their female soldiers. So our garang MPs actually adopted a charbor drill and were trained by Taiwanese charbors.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes ROC troops never trained with our boys.
Maybe it was too sensitive.
But there's one area they did impart their skills to us.
It's the military police precision drill....the rifle throwing that is the NDP crowd favourite. Interestingly that one drill is performed by their female soldiers. So our garang MPs actually adopted a charbor drill and were trained by Taiwanese charbors.

The Taiwanese MP Rifle drill was in turn copied from the US Army.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, no one here is at the command level. We are all pengkias here. One percent of supposed people in the command level may allegedly call it Project Starlight but the other 99 % call it Exercise Starlight. Just come out and admit you are not a sinkie and likely some Mudlaysian shit.

Reddog is a confirmed red commie chink dog. Only these dogs will revel at the demise of Taiwan.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nope. Me true blue sinkie. Borned in a shop house at Victoria Street, attended De La Salle schools (primary, secondary and pre-U), U of Malaya, Beida in motherland China. Helped set up sound system for lky's Raffles Place lunch time rally ... so many decades ago. Extremely proud to see a Chinese every time I looked at a mirror. Now a seasonal nomad residing in Taman Pelangi (JB), Foshan (GZ) and Wangfujing (BJ). Still treasure my pink IC.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah! thought this is a thread on ufo. project starlight is a civilian effort in the u.s. to seek disclosure from u.s. gov on files and documents related to ufo’s and extra-terrestrial life. the sinkie starlight is called exercise starlight, and in times of war against chicoms operation starlight. in mindef lingo, exercise xyz in peacetime becums operation xyz in wartime. so simple also don’t know. knn.

http://siriusdisclosure.com/cseti-papers/the-cseti-project-starlight-disclosure-strategy/

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reddog is a confirmed red commie chink dog. Only these dogs will revel at the demise of Taiwan.

Taiwan like the Diaoyu Archipelago is Chinese territory. Traitors and separatists in Taiwan now accept (albeit grudgingly) that they are totally helpless against the PLA. The entire island is covered by PLA missile domes such that any USA military aircraft attempting an approach is suicidal. Same PLA missile network will render Taiwan military impotent within hours of hostility. As such USA (and Japan) will not dare to intervene physically should PLA decides to repossess the Province of Taiwan.

The PLA is ready and anxious for action.

Soon, with the completion of PLAN development in the SCS, and its naval fleet of aircraft carriers to create an air-exclusion dome from the eastern approach to Taiwan, the so called First Island Chain will belong to motherland China. Thereafter, the entire west pacific will be at peace.

The helplessness displayed by the USA towards tiny NK with its one or two nukes and experimental missiles, confirms the decline of USA military potency. As for Japan, their small land mass serves as point targets nuke missile storm and will never again pose any threat to Asia.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all defence treaties that the US has with non-European nations, the one with Taiwan is the oldest and strongest and passed by Congress. That's the reason why the Taiwanese do not get fidgeting like Japan and S Korea.

PRC is more than capable of invading ROC but it not happen. Taiwan must agree to any merger. .

To save face, nearly all recognise one China but all have trade missions and trade ambassadors who are effectively the diplomats in ROC.

The status quo will remain.

With Cuba, Chinese remains formally as a non- democratic country. It's is an embarrassment and disgrace to every PRC Chinese to know that he can wear a Gucci belt, be the largest race in the World but has no vote.

It's a bigger disgrace that despite the numerical superiority by any measure of any country Chinese commoners still can't overthrow a bunch of few failed communist leadership ideology wise.

It the same Chinese mentality that we see ourselves in where we can't get rid of the PAP.

Success and pride is only genuine when you are a free man and given the vote. Even females have got the vote all around the World but not the Chinese male in PRC. If that is not stupid I don't know what is.

Taiwan like the Diaoyu Archipelago is Chinese territory. Traitors and separatists in Taiwan now accept (albeit grudgingly) that they are totally helpless against the PLA. The entire island is covered by PLA missile domes such that any USA military aircraft attempting an approach is suicidal. Same PLA missile network will render Taiwan military impotent within hours of hostility. As such USA (and Japan) will not dare to intervene physically should PLA decides to repossess the Province of Taiwan.

The PLA is ready and anxious for action.

Soon, with the completion of PLAN development in the SCS, and its naval fleet of aircraft carriers to create an air-exclusion dome from the eastern approach to Taiwan, the so called First Island Chain will belong to motherland China. Thereafter, the entire west pacific will be at peace.

The helplessness displayed by the USA towards tiny NK with its one or two nukes and experimental missiles, confirms the decline of USA military potency. As for Japan, their small land mass serves as point targets nuke missile storm and will never again pose any threat to Asia.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all defence treaties that the US has with non-European nations, the one with Taiwan is the oldest and strongest and passed by Congress. That's the reason why the Taiwanese do not get fidgeting like Japan and S Korea.

PRC is more than capable of invading ROC but it not happen. Taiwan must agree to any merger. .

To save face, nearly all recognise one China but all have trade missions and trade ambassadors who are effectively the diplomats in ROC.

The status quo will remain.

With Cuba, Chinese remains formally as a non- democratic country. It's is an embarrassment and disgrace to every PRC Chinese to know that he can wear a Gucci belt, be the largest race in the World but has no vote.

It's a bigger disgrace that despite the numerical superiority by any measure of any country Chinese commoners still can't overthrow a bunch of few failed communist leadership ideology wise.

It the same Chinese mentality that we see ourselves in where we can't get rid of the PAP.

Success and pride is only genuine when you are a free man and given the vote. Even females have got the vote all around the World but not the Chinese male in PRC. If that is not stupid I don't know what is.

We Chinese remember the famine, drought, floods, wars, invasions and lootings by foreigners and Japanese, the slaughter of our people by the tens of millions. Now we are going to put all those behind us. Trying to improve and sustain the welfare of 1,300,000,000 people. Unbridled freedom of speech, the vote and human rights pale in comparison.

Look at the demise of nations in the name of democracy and human rights. Ask an Iraqi if he prefers his vote now or the days under 'dictator' Saddam. Or Libyans, who had promising education / future under Gaddafi.

India is a wonderful example of democracy and its 'benefits' to ordinary Indians.

Do you, in Singapore, have genuine "success and pride"? Are you really "a free man and given the vote"? Did you exercise your freedom of choice with your vote and voted for your new president? Do you have the freedom of speech to allow you to protest in front of the Istana? etc

By your definition, Singaporeans do not have genuine success and pride. Losers living in shame? Yet the majority over there are doing well and happily returning the PAP government to power in every election. I believe, like the majority of Chinese around me here in China, the majority of Singaporeans are a happy and contented lot.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you ask any ethnic Chinese in the world, PRC citizen or otherwise, they'd all wish for a (eventual) free and democratic China, without any exception.

But China is now slowly regrouping after a century and a half of near-distegration and dismemberment caused by corrupt and ineffectual government, bullying and looting by foreigners, civil war, and socio-economic havoc created by maniacal ideologues. No other civilizational culture has suffered such dislocations over such a protracted period in modern memory.

So true pride can only come when primary existential needs are fulfilled: a strong economy that creates a broad middle class, not just enriching a group of corrupt elite; basic human rights of food, housing, healthcare & education for all; adequate space for artistic and civil rights expression.

And finally, the reunification of all territory hitherto torn asunder – Macau & HK have returned to the fold; Taiwan is the last remaining major jigsaw piece.

It's premature to talk about democracy and universal suffrage when the nation is yet to be whole. Every Chinese instinctively understands that. That said, the Chinese are already voting for their local village chairs and legislators, so it's only a matter of time before the people's desire for direct elections at the highest level are whetted.

Agree that it will be status quo. The Chinese aren't in a hurry; their concept of time is different to most nations'. Just so, women in the US got to vote in 1920, less than a hundred years ago. And the blacks got the vote barely 50 years ago. For a 5,000-year-old nation recovering from 150 years of chaos, these are but blinks of an eye in their consciousness.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Nope. Me true blue sinkie. Borned in a shop house at Victoria Street, attended De La Salle schools (primary, secondary and pre-U), U of Malaya, Beida in motherland China. Helped set up sound system for lky's Raffles Place lunch time rally ... so many decades ago. Extremely proud to see a Chinese every time I looked at a mirror. Now a seasonal nomad residing in Taman Pelangi (JB), Foshan (GZ) and Wangfujing (BJ). Still treasure my pink IC.

Yeah, whatever. If u had done NS, u would know its never referred to as Project Starlight.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mao slaughtered 40 million of his own people and I cannot accept that. And he blamed the famine he created to sparrows. No external entity committed an atrocity of that scale.

A few and their princelings over a billion people and they have no answers.

I don't think we should talk about other races and other countries when we can't even fix our own and we have the numbers.

We Chinese remember the famine, drought, floods, wars, invasions and lootings by foreigners and Japanese, the slaughter of our people by the tens of millions. Now we are going to put all those behind us. Trying to improve and sustain the welfare of 1,300,000,000 people. Unbridled freedom of speech, the vote and human rights pale in comparison.

Look at the demise of nations in the name of democracy and human rights. Ask an Iraqi if he prefers his vote now or the days under 'dictator' Saddam. Or Libyans, who had promising education / future under Gaddafi.

India is a wonderful example of democracy and its 'benefits' to ordinary Indians.

Do you, in Singapore, have genuine "success and pride"? Are you really "a free man and given the vote"? Did you exercise your freedom of choice with your vote and voted for your new president? Do you have the freedom of speech to allow you to protest in front of the Istana? etc

By your definition, Singaporeans do not have genuine success and pride. Losers living in shame? Yet the majority over there are doing well and happily returning the PAP government to power in every election. I believe, like the majority of Chinese around me here in China, the majority of Singaporeans are a happy and contented lot.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's is the second largest economy and a robust one at that. Gifted with an array of naturals and a beautiful country. When will they be ready for democracy.

You ask any kid, young adult and those in their middle age anywhere in the World and they would not choose China and India. Why is that? The hands will go for every one of the 1st World country.

That's test of a viable nation.

If you ask any ethnic Chinese in the world, PRC citizen or otherwise, they'd all wish for a (eventual) free and democratic China, without any exception.

But China is now slowly regrouping after a century and a half of near-distegration and dismemberment caused by corrupt and ineffectual government, bullying and looting by foreigners, civil war, and socio-economic havoc created by maniacal ideologues. No other civilizational culture has suffered such dislocations over such a protracted period in modern memory.

So true pride can only come when primary existential needs are fulfilled: a strong economy that creates a broad middle class, not just enriching a group of corrupt elite; basic human rights of food, housing, healthcare & education for all; adequate space for artistic and civil rights expression.

And finally, the reunification of all territory hitherto torn asunder – Macau & HK have returned to the fold; Taiwan is the last remaining major jigsaw piece.

It's premature to talk about democracy and universal suffrage when the nation is yet to be whole. Every Chinese instinctively understands that. That said, the Chinese are already voting for their local village chairs and legislators, so it's only a matter of time before the people's desire for direct elections at the highest level are whetted.

Agree that it will be status quo. The Chinese aren't in a hurry; their concept of time is different to most nations'. Just so, women in the US got to vote in 1920, less than a hundred years ago. And the blacks got the vote barely 50 years ago. For a 5,000-year-old nation recovering from 150 years of chaos, these are but blinks of an eye in their consciousness.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's is the second largest economy and a robust one at that. Gifted with an array of naturals and a beautiful country. When will they be ready for democracy.

You ask any kid, young adult and those in their middle age anywhere in the World and they would not choose China and India. Why is that? The hands will go for every one of the 1st World country.

That's test of a viable nation.

The democracy model of government is suited only to wealthy nations with small well educated populations.

Look at the chaos in USA and India.

It is fortunate that motherland China adopted a different suitable model. Results like numbers do not lie.

Truth.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He said command level mah....
Maybe he served NS as Colonel

I have been to Starlight with Colonels and even they called it simply Starlight or Exercise Starlight. Unless he is Genital level, I never heard of anyone refer to it as Project Starlight. Its not a Project. Its a straight out military Exercise. I am going to say again this fucker has never saved NS.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The democracy model of government is suited only to wealthy nations with small well educated populations.

Look at the chaos in USA and India.

It is fortunate that motherland China adopted a different suitable model. Results like numbers do not lie.

Truth.

We have a small well educated population and we are wealthy. In fact, we fit all the criteria you mentioned above. Yet, we do not have democracy. Why is that?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been to Starlight with Colonels and even they called it simply Starlight or Exercise Starlight. Unless he is Genital level, I never heard of anyone refer to it as Project Starlight. Its not a Project. Its a straight out military Exercise. I am going to say again this fucker has never saved NS.
Yes even a large scale one like Ex Cobra Gold also never call what project Cobra Gold.