• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Halimah-The Passive Aggressive Makcik and her rebellious streak, PAP scared?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Ok, hands up those you who know some makciks in your life. Makciks (Older Malay women/aunties) are quite a strange breed, from my experience. They are the kindly friendly malay aunties and mothers, always welcoming you into their home and feeding you anyway they can. They started out as young nubile malay girls, the type that you see walking around the street, quite attractive looking, especially the fairer skin type. Then along the way, after a couple of kids, they become matronly and plump.

Apart from the physical description of a Makcik, we have their character. Makciks though kindly and sometimes generous, are generally speaking not very bright. Let’s say they are no Einsteins. But they can be quite stubborn. Especially if they think they are being used, manipulated or being made fools off. No matter what logic you can reason with them, they remain obstinate and will not budge from their position, wrong as they may be.

So, here we have Halimah. Other then being half Indian, she is a textbook description of a Makcik. I asked myself this question. Why wouldn’t she move into the Istana, like she was supposed to? Malays, if anything, would jump at the opportunity to be surrounded by luxury and living the high life. Then I realized she was a typical Makcik. No matter how die hard a PAP supporter she is, it’s an undeniable fact that she knew she was handed the Presidency not on her own merits, but by the political manipulations of her boss, Lee Hsien Loong. She was chosen, perhaps against her will, because the most suitable candidate Yacob Ibrahim refused it. He refused it knowing the shit storm that the whole process would cost and what a laughing stock he would become if he took it.

I have no doubt that Halimah was arrowed to do this. I suspect that she balked at it and was not interested in it. For sure she did not put up her hands at a PAP CEC meeting and say “pick me pick me to be the next President”. When it became clear that she had no choice, she took it under orders from her superior, like the good soldier that she is. But the Makcik in her showed her rebellious streak by openly defying convention and Lee Hsien Loong’s wish and refused to move into the Istana. Her signal to the PAP………..you can make me do something I did not want, but once I am in that position, I will interpret my role as I see fit.

Look at it logically. The whole EP process was acrimonious and viewed very negatively both locally and internationally. What with the big social media dispute over whether or not she is even Malay, right down to the disqualification of all other candidates, and the #Notmypresident campaign. It was a big furore, make no mistake about it. What the PAP wants is to bury this as fast as possible, and just have Halimah move into the role as quickly and as quietly as possible so that this whole mess can be forgotten as soon as possible.

But instead, the opposite has happened. Her refusal to move into the Istana has continued the controversy, although on a smaller scale. A group of Singaporeans will think that she shows her humbleness and connection with the common people by continuing to live in her HDB flat. Another group will think that she does not respect the position and should be in the Istana, the proper home for the highest office of the state. But why continuing to make herself a polarizing figure? Why continue to be controversial? If she had moved into the Istana, we would see coverage of her meeting this and that political figure and dignitary. Instead, we are treated to coverage of her police reserved parking spots under her block, and neighbours who may or may not be inconvenienced by all the security. Eventually, people will get use to her living in a HDB flat, and may think she is just a stubborn or eccentric Makcik. This whole episode will die down and people will forget that she is calling her flat the Istana. But my point is why even prolong and remind people of the whole campaign?

What does this mean to the PAP? You better believe that the PAP powers to be pleaded with her to just quietly go to the Istana, away from the public interaction that occurs when she walks around fellow Yishun residents, and adapt to living in the Istana like all other Presidents before her. Her refusal to do so will be a source of consternation to them. Is this the extent of her rebelliousness or will she extend that to other areas? Will she go back to rubber stamping PAP bills, or will she take it further and stop or delay laws in a fight for more social justice. Only time will tell. I personally think, this is just her being rebellious, and that it will stop at this Yistana think. I am not sure the PAP thinks the same, they must still be very confident she will be an obedient President and not rock the boat too much. But maybe in the back of their minds, they are a little concerned?

Just my 2 cents.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brilliant expose. I don't think anyone thought that she was asked by the PAP. I am sure many in Singapore thought that her PAP membership and as long standing PAP Mp was just a coincidence. The long but necessary explanation makes it crystal clear that she is indeed a pawn. What a revelation. The country owes a debt of gratitude to TS for the revelation. This article certainly shames the various think tanks. Again it shows that quantity always overrides quality when it comes to essays.

Its only after this article that I realised that 4 PAP MPs have become President. Clearly the link has now been exposed by TS.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juicy info big bro. 你有才能.

Indeed once enter the lion den and she hold the power wand not much pinky can do to her.

She has been embarrassed by the people long enough and time to show machik power.

明枪易躲 暗箭难防

Kenna arrow by hidden arrows.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you guys are giving the kelong mak chik too much credit.
The staying "humble in her HDB flat and inviting her fans into her home for kopi and kueh kueh
may just be a big PR whitewash exercise -to sell her image as being humble, down to earth
and the HDB occupancy is meant to imply that identifies with most typical dumbfuck sinkie subjects.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her rebellion to stay away from Istana has to do with 38OR fiasco and siblings call him dishornable brother.

This mina got more integrity than pinky fedup being entrapped to be EP.

And Kee Chui called her President was pinky idea to corner her early she can run but cannot hide.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The long but necessary explanation makes it crystal clear that she is indeed a pawn. What a revelation. The country owes a debt of gratitude to TS for the revelation.

Show some respect asshole. Its not TS, Its Mr. PAPSMEARER to you.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think you guys are giving the kelong mak chik too much credit.
The staying "humble in her HDB flat and inviting her fans into her home for kopi and kueh kueh
may just be a big PR whitewash exercise -to sell her image as being humble, down to earth
and the HDB occupancy is meant to imply that identifies with most typical dumbfuck sinkie subjects.

But it has created quite the opposite effect, hasn't it? many are sceptical about her so called humbleness.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Papsmearer, what happened to your inside info? Istana all along is familee's residence and playground right? Presidents only used it to work and meet foreign vips. Huatlimah knows that too so how to move there to stay? At most is she moves to live in one of her investment private properties. And don't make huatlimah sound like she's forced. That amount of salary no other machik can make. Just by fucking a few malays and watching them grow old you think you know them very well. Huatlimah got money okay, not those poor malays you pay to fuck.

Huatlimah by continuing to stay in Yistana only shows that she's a selfish wayang bitch who deserves the notmypresident tag.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, everyone thought she was genuine and the real deal until you exposed her today. Keep up the good work. By the way the term "passive aggressive" does not make sense but I think you should be applauded for being brave and using big words even though you have no idea what it means. I am always scared of being thought an idiot by using words I do not understand and that is my folly.

But it has created quite the opposite effect, hasn't it? many are sceptical about her so called humbleness.