• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Military funerals...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
How many of us had a friend who died during NS training and got a military funeral?

Doing a straw poll here gathering data.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of us had a friend who died during NS training and got a military funeral?

just curious what happened this case ?

[video=youtube_share;pV72Gt8EH5U]https://youtu.be/pV72Gt8EH5U[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

What difference does it make what sort of funeral a person has? He's still as dead as a doornail when it's over. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It depends on the circumstances. In the past, all military deaths were quiet. Body was passed on to the relatives and they took care of everything. SAF was not involved. Recently, this has changed as you can see. However, if it was a negligent case, a clear cut one.............the guilty will not be accorded a military funeral, but the victims will. e.g. some idiot trooper is playing around with a live grenade, pulling pin out, putting it back in, etc. and the grenade exploded killing himself and 3 others. The 3 others might get a military funeral. The one playing around probably will not.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
halimah not present? how can halimah attend pagan event without the incurring wrath of ISIS,PAS alike?

mooncake festive.events?wasnt she VIP to light up Chinatown ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think this Gavin Chan's family got brainwashed too much by the PAP. In order to have a military funeral, the family has to agree to it. Some families are so pissed off at SAF for the death of their sons, they refuse to let any SAF personnel into their flats or even to have anything to do with them. The chan family is basically allowing the SAF to use this military funeral with its attendant public press, as propaganda. The SAF are trying to play it as a noble death in the service of the country, which is simply bullshit.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think this Gavin Chan's family got brainwashed too much by the PAP. In order to have a military funeral, the family has to agree to it. Some families are so pissed off at SAF for the death of their sons, they refuse to let any SAF personnel into their flats or even to have anything to do with them. The chan family is basically allowing the SAF to use this military funeral with its attendant public press, as propaganda. The SAF are trying to play it as a noble death in the service of the country, which is simply bullshit.

I represented my unit at a funeral. Decades ago funerals were held at Mount Vermont. I think the crematorium was located there?

I was elected because I lived nearby & not because I knew the victim. I think he was run over by a howitzer.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If my brother died that way, I would dearly wish my parents to send me abroad to do my tertiary education & give up my citizenship after graduating. I have army colleagues from recruit days up to reservist died during training....I have not seen any one of them got a Military funeral...the fact was, the less people know, the better. Why, the deaths were largely caused by the super inefficiency of SAF...this no need to elaborate.

This family of the deceased are so much in love with the PAP...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I represented my unit at a funeral. Decades ago funerals were held at Mount Vermont. I think the crematorium was located there?

I was elected because I lived nearby & not because I knew the victim. I think he was run over by a howitzer.

U run over him with howitzer become he was nearer to u?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How could the victim be ran over by a howitzer???...there are usually towed, unless he is directing the vehicle in the dark & fell....run over by a 10 tonner...that I am familiar with, or the land rover went off the road & over the embankment....

Did you blow the Last Post with the bulge?....I use to be good at that..heh heh heh

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How could the victim be ran over by a howitzer???...there are usually towed, unless he is directing the vehicle in the dark & fell....run over by a 10 tonner...that I am familiar with, or the land rover went off the road & over the embankment....

Did you blow the Last Post with the bulge?....I use to be good at that..heh heh heh

I didn't witness the accident just attended the funeral.

I think he was directing the placement of the guns when it happened. Also heard of cases where the shell fired short.

NS puts one in dangerous situations. Had a classmate who died during BMT. I heard he fell.