• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Best Camera on Phone - need recommendation

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Using a iPhone 7+ currently. Wanna get a phone with a better camera, heard Huawei P10 series is great but when I googled comparison most compare with other brands and not Huawei, strange.

Anyway need help to recommend a phone with a good camera and easy to use.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Using a iPhone 7+ currently. Wanna get a phone with a better camera, heard Huawei P10 series is great but when I googled comparison most compare with other brands and not Huawei, strange.

I phone 7+ has the best camera I've come across.

However to make my images stand out I combine the phone with the power of the snapseed app.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You planning to get a god focus & panning angle?..are yo taking up skirts pictures?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh no no no this I will never do

Unless you use the phone camera in the line of work, in which you require to take good shots, load to whatsapp etc..& transmit out...Sony have quite a good camera, other than that...I don't see why one should bother with the camera on the phone.

I use mine for petty items, like reminding myself to buy things from the supermarket or take pics of items at the supermarket...other than that...it is seldom use..not even selfies...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Unless you use the phone camera in the line of work, in which you require to take good shots, load to whatsapp etc..& transmit out...Sony have quite a good camera, other than that...I don't see why one should bother with the camera on the phone.

I use mine for petty items, like reminding myself to buy things from the supermarket or take pics of items at the supermarket...other than that...it is seldom use..not even selfies...

I am a pretty heavy user of the camera

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like I had mentioned SONY has a good camera, but the UI is very clunky...Samsung 8, camera not too bad, but I am not fond of Android...iPhone 7, 32 GB at $888 , camera quite good...of course the Iphone 8 or "X"..better camera...it comes with a price..

Budget wise...Samsung phones, higher end models, have decent camera, can store in SD card up to 128gb....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Like I had mentioned SONY has a good camera, but the UI is very clunky...Samsung 8, camera not too bad, but I am not fond of Android...iPhone 7, 32 GB at $888 , camera quite good...of course the Iphone 8 or "X"..better camera...it comes with a price..

Budget wise...Samsung phones, higher end models, have decent camera, can store in SD card up to 128gb....

Ok thanks for your recommendation

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
iPhone X only 12 mega pix. Huawei Mate 9 uses a Leica lens and produces 20 mega pix images. Switched from iPhone 7P to Huawei at a fraction of the cost and it has been the good decision so far.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
iPhone X only 12 mega pix. Huawei Mate 9 uses a Leica lens and produces 20 mega pix images. Switched from iPhone 7P to Huawei at a fraction of the cost and it has been the good decision so far.

Because sensors in phones are so small lower megapixel sensors actually produce better images because they are less noisy.

Nothing destroys an image more than a noisy sensor.

Unless you intend to print A0 sized images 12 megapixels is way more than you'll ever need.

I have printed 24" x 36" sized images from my 12 MP Olympus and the image quality was superb. No pixelation whatsoever.

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

[SIZE=+3]The Myth[/SIZE]
The megapixel myth was started by camera makers and swallowed hook, line and sinker by camera measurebators.

Camera makers use the number of megapixels a camera has to hoodwink you into thinking it has something to do with camera quality. They use it because even a tiny linear resolution increase results in a huge total pixel increase, since the total pixel count varies as the total area of the image, which varies as the square of the linear resolution.

In other words, an almost invisible 40% increase in the number of pixels in any one direction results in a doubling of the total number of pixels in the image. Therefore camera makers can always brag about how much better this week's camera is, with even negligible improvements.

This gimmick is used by salespeople and manufacturers to you feel as if your current camera is inadequate and needs to be replaced even if the new cameras each year are only slightly better.

One needs at least a doubling of linear resolution or film size to make an obvious improvement. This is the same as quadrupling the megapixels. A simple doubling of megapixels, even if all else remained the same, is very subtle. The factors that matter, like color and sharpening algorithms, are far more significant.

The megapixel myth is also prevalent because men always want a single number by which something's goodness can be judged.

Unfortunately, it's all a myth because the number of megapixels (MP) a camera has has very little to do with how the image looks. Even worse, plenty of lower MP cameras can make better images than poorer cameras with more MP.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should find out which camera phone offers a wide angle lens. You are always checking into different hotels and resorts, and posting the photos online. It'd be great if your photos were able to capture the entire room space.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You should find out which camera phone offers a wide angle lens. You are always checking into different hotels and resorts, and posting the photos online. It'd be great if your photos were able to capture the entire room space.

Roger that somit seems the Huawei P10 Plus is the way to go.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure why you asking advice when your snaps with phone cameras have been outstanding.

It should be the other way around - us asking you for advice.

I am just surprised that you can get good photos in low light. Not to
Mention your composition skills.

Roger that somit seems the Huawei P10 Plus is the way to go.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think the pictures of your forays to various restaurants are very good.
I don't think an upgrade is really needed unless it's for other uses.

Using a dedicated camera might be a better option if you really need the performance because they have a larger sensor than any handphone camera.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am not sure why you asking advice when your snaps with phone cameras have been outstanding.

It should be the other way around - us asking you for advice.

I am just surprised that you can get good photos in low light. Not to
Mention your composition skills.

Thank you for the compliment. I've been using iPhones for a long time and yet to venture into other phones which could be better, just wanna improve further.

As for low light I done use flash as the background would have been dark so I use a bit of help, I borrow light from whoever with me using their handphone light but again it would have been to bright like a flash so I dampen it with a simple solution, tissue paper.

See without dampening
OjiDLgA.jpg

with dampening - and I would double the layer until I get the right lighting
TEQl2PL.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think the pictures of your forays to various restaurants are very good.
I don't think an upgrade is really needed unless it's for other uses.

Using a dedicated camera might be a better option if you really need the performance because they have a larger sensor than any handphone camera.

Yes I tried I have a few good cameras with wifi so I simply take photo, transfer to phone and it looks great however its just another step to transfer the photos before I could post them. There's also a function whereby once you snap with the camera the photo transfer instantly however the transfer rate is so slow I could lose the subject or for food other people waiting for the food can get irritated.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You solved a major mystery. I had no idea as I tried and did not get the results. Thanks

Thank you for the compliment. I've been using iPhones for a long time and yet to venture into other phones which could be better, just wanna improve further.

As for low light I done use flash as the background would have been dark so I use a bit of help, I borrow light from whoever with me using their handphone light but again it would have been to bright like a flash so I dampen it with a simple solution, tissue paper.

See without dampening
OjiDLgA.jpg

with dampening - and I would double the layer until I get the right lighting
TEQl2PL.jpg