• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Perks of my new DBS account

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I finally settled the details of my new DBS account, a Treasures account. There was confusion about why I did not get internet banking access. Seems that you now have to DIY by logging into the DBS site.

This was something new the "personal banker" assigned to me did not know anything about it:rolleyes: It is obvious that DBS is not anything like. Citibank :smile:

I went online to see some of the perks & there are quite a number for Travellers e.g. one gets access to the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge facilities at Changi.

Anyone know if the perk extends to other KrisFlyer Lounges other than the one in Changi:confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I finally settled the details of my new DBS account, a Treasures account. There was confusion about why I did not get internet banking access. Seems that you now have to DIY by logging into the DBS site.

This was something new the "personal banker" assigned to me did not know anything about it:rolleyes: It is obvious that DBS is not anything like. Citibank :smile:

I went online to see some of the perks & there are quite a number for Travellers e.g. one gets access to the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge facilities at Changi.

Anyone know if the perk extends to other KrisFlyer Lounges other than the one in Changi:confused:

You did get to join the Yistana club?...can have access to Gold 8 hole golf course...??

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
dbs treasures clients enjoy free pick-up from local airport.

How much do you need to tip them?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha....trying to hao lian your treasures account?

$350k to open an account nia.

When Johnny mentioned citi, he could be refering to CITIGOLD PRIVATE CLIENT
1.5 million to join

So the equivalent in DBS is not just DBS treasures, but DBS treasures private client (not just DBS treasures)
AUM is also $1.5 million

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1.5 million to join

So the equivalent in DBS is not just DBS treasures, but DBS treasures private client (not just DBS treasures)
AUM is also $1.5 million

Investment or deposit.... in cash?
Can pledge CPF or not?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Investment or deposit.... in cash?
Can pledge CPF or not?

2lkyDdf.gif

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

u mean as treasres member can use kf loung .... anytime?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean as treasres member can use kf loung .... anytime?

I re-read the small print. You can use the Krisflyer lounge only if you have an SIA or SilkAir ticket.
This is why I need to use a bigger monitor especially when dealing with GLCs, there is always the small print:(

I googled for a review of SIAs Krisflyer lounge & many were underwhelmed by it:biggrin: The biggest complaint many had was that there were no showering facilities & if you wanted to go to the toilet, you had to use the ones outside because there are none in the lounge.

Maybe people like Froggy can comment on how it compares on the other aspects such as the food:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1.5 million to join

AUM is also $1.5 million

I am actually cash poor. I prefer to invest my funds in equities that provide dividends.

The Citibank account I have requires a $30k minimum. The Treasures account requires $300k.
I keep most of the $ in USD because you get a better interest rate.

If you put in more $ into the Treasures account you are given a cash reward. However be aware that it also comes with penalties if you decide to close the account within a certain period you have to give back the cash reward.

My impression of DBS is not so good. Their process is not very good & I would recommend Citibank over DBS.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another how lian thread.

What is wrong with discussions on money?
I have made my money honestly unlike some people. When I go to a Treasures lounge I see other older silver haired Sporeans who also have some $$$.

If you go to the banks in the heartlands of Spore it is common to see many older Sporeans with a few hundred thousand putting their money in term deposits. At least with a Treasures account you can get free drinks & snacks :smile:

You may think that discussions about $ is being "how Lian" but in Spore the reality is that you need $$$ to survive. The more the better. I have always advocated that people invest regularly at a young age. I practice what I preach & that is why today I don't have to worry about money even though I no longer work.

I may not have a regular job but I still need a good and secure handphone like the iPhone & iMac to monitor & look after my investments & bank accounts.

You have to wonder about those recommending android phones? You never see them discussing the poor security of android phones.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kris Flyer Gold Lounge is many notches below SQ Biz Class & First Class Silver Kris Flyer Lounge.

Like you said in Kris Flyer Gold Lounge there is no shower facility and F & B wise there is no comparison.

SQ_0.jpg

First Class Silver Kris Lounge.

SQ_d.jpg

Business Class Silver Kris Lounge.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually cash poor. I prefer to invest my funds in equities that provide dividends.

My impression of DBS is not so good. Their process is not very good & I would recommend Citibank over DBS.

come on, hahaa you are too humble.

Yes, DBS and BNP will promote nonsense to their private clients and kill-u-later

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come on, hahaayou are too humble.

Yes, DBS and BNP will promote nonsense to their private clients and kill-u-later

I recommend Citibank which I've used for over 20 years. The DBS account was only opened recently
and So far I am not impressed by what I've seen.

They have too many newbies on staff & when I ask questions, the questions are directed to numerous people who don't seem to know the answer & they have to escalate further.

It took nearly 2 months for me to get Internet. Access to my account :eek:
They might be ok if you have a small sum & just want to pay monthly bills but for more demanding requirements I'd avoid.

This is the same bank that threw out people's possession stored in DBS safety deposited box. I've also heard from some Indonesians that their funds went missing. So you have to actively monitor your funds.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recommend Citibank which I've used for over 20 years. The DBS account was only opened recently
and So far I am not impressed by what I've seen.

They have too many newbies on staff & when I ask questions, the questions are directed to numerous people who don't seem to know the answer & they have to escalate further.

It took nearly 2 months for me to get Internet. Access to my account :eek:
They might be ok if you have a small sum & just want to pay monthly bills but for more demanding requirements I'd avoid.

This is the same bank that threw out people's possession stored in DBS safety deposited box. I've also heard from some Indonesians that their funds went missing. So you have to actively monitor your funds.

Wait till you know the crazy resignations in their internal audit team in the past 36 months.
Borrow money from them, not invest with them.