• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Perks of my new DBS account

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is wrong with discussions on money?
I have made my money honestly unlike some people. When I go to a Treasures lounge I see other older silver haired Sporeans who also have some $$$.

If you go to the banks in the heartlands of Spore it is common to see many older Sporeans with a few hundred thousand putting their money in term deposits. At least with a Treasures account you can get free drinks & snacks :smile:

You may think that discussions about $ is being "how Lian" but in Spore the reality is that you need $$$ to survive. The more the better. I have always advocated that people invest regularly at a young age. I practice what I preach & that is why today I don't have to worry about money even though I no longer work.

I may not have a regular job but I still need a good and secure handphone like the iPhone & iMac to monitor & look after my investments & bank accounts.

You have to wonder about those recommending android phones? You never see them discussing the poor security of android phones.

this is proof that silver haired and silver kris-kut sinkies are rich, thanks to the pap. you have just accentuated the appreciation of sinkies towards the pap for their pampered lives. thanks.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you got to tell people you got Treasures account, you are insecure and cheapskate. When you goto your Treasures lounge, you will get robbed. No class at all. Go airport got free transfer big deal. A lot of cheapskates like you already chopped the mercedes, you got no chance.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you got to tell people you got Treasures account, you are insecure and cheapskate. When you goto your Treasures lounge, you will get robbed. No class at all. Go airport got free transfer big deal. A lot of cheapskates like you already chopped the mercedes, you got no chance.

anyone who boasts about going to jb to save 6.9 bucks on haircuts or thighland to clean teeth to avoid 69 bucks in sg already has a math problem. it's like mois telling jokers i fly to vancouver every weekend just to save 69 cents on a cup of coffee to exploit the usd-canadian dollar exchange rate.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone who boasts about going to jb to save 6.9 bucks on haircuts or thighland to clean teeth to avoid 69 bucks in sg already has a math problem. it's like mois telling jokers i fly to vancouver every weekend just to save 69 cents on a cup of coffee to exploit the usd-canadian dollar exchange rate.

Never claimed to be anything I am not. I save money where I can but don't stinge on the important things in life.

I don't have to mislead or complain about how unhappy I am living in the USA, or is this a lie:rolleyes: Don't really know why some people feel a need to mislead others or pick online fights?

Life is just too short & I have plenty of things to do like planning my next trip, waiting for my new iPhone & iMac, paying my bills, shopping for groceries .... :smile:. Even millionaires have to eat:biggrin:

Maybe it's envy? I notice that some Sporeans are not happy unless they are belittling or criticising others. I Guess by criticising & belittling others it makes them feel superior?

I don't feel a need to lie because I am comfortably well off & happy to share whatever information I have with others. So if anyone who wants to know the location of a barber in Batam, JB, or Pattaya for an under $5 haircut just drop me a line. Same goes for a reasonably priced Dentist in Pattaya.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait till you know the crazy resignations in their internal audit team in the past 36 months.
Borrow money from them, not invest with them.

I'm beginning to regret opening an account with them:(

Someone actually recomended them because he had good experience with them. Problem is he opened an account years ago & with DBS there is a high turnover of staff & procedures.

Never mind, I'm planing to move my $ elsewhere. Hope that others take note that DBS is another screwed up GLC:wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they provided a pick up services to the airport I would definitely be interested. However going from the airport to my home is not that important because time is not critical as I won't be trying to catch a flight.

I doubt that I will ever use the Kris lounge because I never fly with SIA or SilkAir, and even with a Treasures card you have to use either of these airlines.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as you fly with star alliance airlines and have their boarding pass you can use the lounge. Here is the list

ADRIA Airways
Aegean Airlines
Air Canada
Air China
Air India
Air New Zealand
ANA
Asiana
Austrian
Avianca
Avianca in Brazil
Brussels Airlines
Copa Airlines
Croatia Airlines
EgyptAir
Ethiopian Airlines
EVA Airways
Juneyao Airlines
LOT Polish Airlines
Lufthansa
SAS
Shenzhen Airlines
Singapore Airlines
South African Airways
SWISS
TAP Portugal
THAI
Turkish Airlines
United® Airlines

I doubt that I will ever use the Kris lounge because I never fly with SIA or SilkAir, and even with a Treasures card you have to use either of these airlines.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never claimed to be anything I am not. I save money where I can but don't stinge on the important things in life.

I don't have to mislead or complain about how unhappy I am living in the USA, or is this a lie:rolleyes: Don't really know why some people feel a need to mislead others or pick online fights?

Life is just too short & I have plenty of things to do like planning my next trip, waiting for my new iPhone & iMac, paying my bills, shopping for groceries .... :smile:. Even millionaires have to eat:biggrin:

Maybe it's envy? I notice that some Sporeans are not happy unless they are belittling or criticising others. I Guess by criticising & belittling others it makes them feel superior?

I don't feel a need to lie because I am comfortably well off & happy to share whatever information I have with others. So if anyone who wants to know the location of a barber in Batam, JB, or Pattaya for an under $5 haircut just drop me a line. Same goes for a reasonably priced Dentist in Pattaya.

i live on sg$696 a month and am very happy in sg. work as a jaga, have free kopi to lim, free wi-fi, shake leg, talk cock, and don't need a dbs card to get all the perks. thank you very much.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i live on sg$696 a month and am very happy in sg. work as a jaga, have free kopi to lim, free wi-fi, shake leg, talk cock, and don't need a dbs card to get all the perks. thank you very much.

I go for cheap haircuts & dental treatments overseas.

I usually keep some of my $ at home in a Milo can but decided to give DBS a try because I can get free cookies, canned drinks, coffee, tea,... when I visit one of their lounges.

Who doesn't want free? I also get free aircon, free wifi, a place to sit & read newspapers which is provided by DBS & watch CNA news which is also free. There are even computer terminals available.There is also a Cisco guard to guarantee privacy.

Where else can one get so many freebies:confused:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm beginning to regret opening an account with them:(

Someone actually recomended them because he had good experience with them. Problem is he opened an account years ago & with DBS there is a high turnover of staff & procedures.

Never mind, I'm planing to move my $ elsewhere. Hope that others take note that DBS is another screwed up GLC:wink:

For just plain-vanilla deposits, you can try HL Bank Singapore Private Banking.
They give better rates for saving deposits. HL Group Malaysia is also stronger than City Development and HL Finance Singapore.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can get free cookies, canned drinks, coffee, tea,... when I visit one of their lounges.

Who doesn't want free? I also get free aircon, free wifi, a place to sit & read newspapers which is provided by DBS & watch CNA news which is also free. There are even computer terminals available.There is also a Cisco guard to guarantee privacy.

For lounge access, i know it is irritating because some atas credit cards limit to 2-5 visits per annun.
Is there one credit card that gives more access? If not, I think you have to be a private banking client to enjoy more entries.

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go for cheap haircuts & dental treatments overseas.

I usually keep some of my $ at home in a Milo can but decided to give DBS a try because I can get free cookies, canned drinks, coffee, tea,... when I visit one of their lounges.

These kind of freebies are chicken shits compared to Credit Suisse private banking where Godiva chocolates & Brut champagne are provided for selected customers.

Best of all we don't need to go to them, but on request they send their PBs to us.

I fully agree with someone here who said that if need to declare that one has a Treasure or Privilege account, one has got inferiority complex.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For lounge access, i know it is irritating because some atas credit cards limit to 2-5 visits per annun.
Is there one credit card that gives more access? If not, I think you have to be a private banking client to enjoy more entries.

I've used airline lounges but it was because the company I was working for paid for me to fly business. Never actually used a credit card for access.

Didn't know about the limitations on the number of visits. My question was whether the Treasures card gives you access to the lounges only in Spore or to all Kris flyer lounges globally:confused: would also like to know if there are any other limitations e.g. Limits to the number of times per year?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fully agree with someone here who said that if need to declare that one has a Treasure or Privilege account, one has got inferiority complex.

People are free to think what they like.
I don't belong to the 70% crowd & if I followed the crowd I wouldn't be as financially secured as I am today:wink:

For me, this is the only card I have that gives me access to the Kris lounge so I want to find out more e.g. Is it only for Changi or does the perk extend to other airports that SIA has lounges?

This is something that I can use because I usually go to the airport early to avoid missing a flight.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For just plain-vanilla deposits, you can try HL Bank Singapore Private Banking.
They give better rates for saving deposits. HL Group Malaysia is also stronger than City Development and HL Finance Singapore.

Thanks for feedback. I've never heard of HL Bank. I may take a look if interest rates go up.

Currently the Low interest rates makes putting $ in a bank unattractive. I'm waiting for a retracement in stock prices so that I can buy in. For the Long term I'm planning to buy more dividend paying stocks or dividend index stocks.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a Treasures Private Client member...you will have a host assigned to you personally.

Ask your host instead.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are a Treasures Private Client member...you will have a host assigned to you personally.

Ask your host instead.

The problem at DBS is that these "hosts" are limited in what they know & can do. Whenever I have a request or enquiry my host will tell me that she will escalate to a colleague. She assumes that her colleague will deal with it, she does does not check with me to see if my request/question has been dealt with.

That is why it took 8 weeks before I could get internet access to my account. I contacted my personal banker a few times but her colleagues did not follow up.

DBS stopped sending out the ID & passwords. Clients are expected to use one of DBS's ATM machines or log in online to DBS to get their ID & password. I was not told this & it took me 8 weeks to find out:mad:

I was surprised that DBS still has problems with their processes. A sign of poor management at the TOP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think people struggle to differentiate between Relationship banking and Personal Banking and thus the expectation and perception ends up being screwed. I remember Royal Bank of Scotland when they opened an office serving coffee / Tea, people thought it was personal banking.

PB is a whole different ball game. Merrill Lynch and Chase were the big 2 in Singapore until 1990 when Chase exited in 1990 over disagreement with MAS and sold their retail business to OUB and moved their PB clients under its HK Office. Credit Suisse was a late entrant but they are into PB.

Citi, BOA etc have never been in the game yet I meet friends who are proud of their "RM".

Personal Bankers fly all over the World meeting their clients at their offices, homes, holiday home etc. The amounts involved are no longer a few millions, it's the entire Wealth.

HSBC despite its size have their HNW clients serviced by one of the big boys.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citi, BOA etc have never been in the game yet I meet friends who are proud of their "RM".

Two famous names come into my mind when Scoobal and Johnny talked about PB in Banking.

The first is a lady known for smoking her clients and rose through the ranks.

The second is this fine truthful gentlemen whom many clients are proud to associate with and emerged as a rare local-bred head of RMs in SCB.
https://sg.linkedin.com/in/eugene-puar-2aaba617

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 basic things in life about jet set living lifestyle....

1) If you have to ask the price...you probably cannot afford it.

2) if you flaunt your wealth, you probably do not have it.