• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sg PE is RIGGED says THE NEW YORK TIMES

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are all talk and no action. Everyone knows the PAP plays dirty yet collectively the electorate hands them a mandate to do as they please every 5 years.

My advice to all sinkies is to shut the fuck up. You reap what you sow.

Don't complain if you don't have the balls to vote for change.
Yes, you reap what you sow.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are all talk and no action. Everyone knows the PAP plays dirty yet collectively the electorate hands them a mandate to do as they please every 5 years.

You are absolutely right, Leongsam.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yes, you reap what you sow is the law of the universe. But sinkies have been reaping shit while sowing pap votes. And its been going on for decades. I just don't get it.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've forwarded this libellious article to our bayi. In due time, our good government should be filing for defamation lawsuit against this libellous paper for printing lies. I hope NYT enjoys donating lots of money to charity after they lose the lawsuit.

...the c*own can only win cases in SPORE..Let see if the walk the talk..or just being pussy

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NYT article fails to mention that all 3 presidential candidates have their Malayness questioned. Is the NYT afraid to let their audiences know that race fluidity is a concept here?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NYT article fails to mention that all 3 presidential candidates have their Malayness questioned. Is the NYT afraid to let their audiences know that race fluidity is a concept here?

I am sure there are more PRC-born residents in Singapore than local-malays.

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://m.scmp.com/week-asia/politic...m-gamble-popularity-double-minority-president

Singapore’s new president, Halimah Yacob, with husband Mohammed Abdullah Alhabshee. Photo: AFP
Fresh from a landslide victory at the general election, Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was flush with political capital last year when he floated sweeping constitutional changes that would ensure an ethnic Malay became the city state’s eighth president.

Now that the vision has been realised – albeit controversially – with the ascent of Halimah Yacob as president, there may be a steep price to pay when he goes to the polls again, observers have warned.

Lee made public his intention to broaden minority representation in the office of the president, a largely ceremonial position, in a January 2016 speech at the opening of the new parliament. His People’s Action Party (PAP) was in its strongest position in years after securing 70 per cent of the popular vote in the snap poll four months earlier – a significant feat even for a party in power more than five decades.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that every foreign press article critical of the EP result have avoided talking about her race and that her father is Indian when the EP is reserved for Malays. Shows the political correctness in play.

There will be usual reply that will mention adherence to the rule of law.

I could not help but notice that inevitably it will Singapore Indian Ambassor or High Commisioner that will happen to be in post and have to reply - Pillay, Nathan, Gopalan, Ashok etc. The exception being CHC. Talk about coincidence.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could not help but notice that inevitably it will Singapore Indian Ambassor or High Commisioner that will happen to be in post and have to reply - Pillay, Nathan, Gopalan, Ashok etc. The exception being CHC. Talk about coincidence.

Our chief envoy to KL all these years have been Indian, wonder why?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
What rigged? It's open corruption.
That bastard Lanjiao Loong will have 3rd and 4th cancer again and his corpse will be whipped upon death!!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wonder how many Malays are qualified to contest the presidency in the first place...the PE is of course rigged.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkie politicians are elected by Sinkie voters
Garbage in Garbage out
If you have selfish ignorant citizens
You're going to get selfish ignorant leaders
Unsinkification is a necessary pre-condition
for any change to be meaningful

https://www.singsupplies.com/showth...nkification-needed-for-LEEgime-change-to-last

[video=youtube;JMQL2BA4-VM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMQL2BA4-VM[/video]

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have selfish ignorant citizens
You're going to get selfish ignorant leaders
Unsinkification is a necessary pre-condition
for any change to be meaningful

TBXcAn.gif

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To say that Halimah has any financial acumen more superior over the likes of Salleh is indeed a big joke......

Not only an insult to Salleh and Farid, but also an insult to the whole Malay community and Singaporean's intelligence.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
xShB_5.gif

Nothing in this world compares
The best NDP song to play during MRT breakdowns, NS enlistment and bogus presidential elections.

I'm so fed up repeatedly hearing it @ NTUC unfair price, would be interesting playing it @ NS enlistment and MRT breakdowns to ?improve? the atmosphere ...
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/DI2TeyDJ7Zo[/video]
[video=youtube_share;DI2TeyDJ7Zo]https://youtu.be/DI2TeyDJ7Zo[/video]
YouTube. 3:30
[Official Music Video] Because It's Singapore! -
NDP 2017 Theme Song; NDPeeps. Published on May 22, 2017; Title: Because It's Singapore!
Music by Lee Wei Song; Lyrics by Jay Lim

Step by step
Together we'll build our dreams
Heart to heart
Together we'll stay as one nation, undivided
Back to back
Together we'll brave the heat, the cold, the storms
Hand in hand
Together we'll grow this land that we call home

Nothing in this world compares
It's our Singaporean Life
Everyone is family, friend and neighbour