• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat My Telegram Group

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Approaching 1700 members.

Samsters from the coffee shop are welcome to join in.

Your phone number is NOT displayed in your profile so your anonymity is assured. If you really are paranoid you can register with an ex Bangla SIM.

If you don't want to be associated with your moniker here you can choose any username you want as long as it is not taken.

The group is very lively... thousands of messages daily. I started it for the sex forum members but the chat is usually non sexual.... more about food and partying.

Not much politics but you can always start the ball rolling. No subject is taboo.

https://t.me/joinchat/GPdmRURED6LfrdRtx4riWg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is it automatically don't show number or need to set "so not show"?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
https://telegram.org/faq#q-if-someone-finds-me-by-username-messages-and-i-reply-will-they

Q: If someone finds me by username, messages and I reply — will they know my number?

[FONT=&amp]No. Neither party will see another‘s phone number. This is similar to the case when you message a person who you’ve met in a Telegram group.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]There is one exception to this: just as in the case of all Telegram messages, if you have somebody‘s number saved as a contact and you send them a message, your number also becomes visible to them. Just like with SMS. This happens regardless of how you open the conversation with that person — via the contacts menu, global search by username, t.me link, or from a group’s members page.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

When you install the Telegram app, it will let you who in your contact list also has telegram. DO NOT send them any messages if you don't want them to know who you are.

Use the link to join my group and you can then post in the group and also private message any of the other members in the group by clicking on their names. Nobody will know who you are.[/FONT]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks boss, will join soon with my Burmese maid's mobile

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little bird from the West has warned me that apps like Telegram have been under the radar of the NSA for years. The latter is able to decrypt Telegram messages.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A little bird from the West has warned me that apps like Telegram have been under the radar of the NSA for years. The latter is able to decrypt Telegram messages.

There is nothing to decrypt in the first place. The content of my group can be read by anyone just by clicking on the link provided.

None of the content is encrypted so I really don't understand your point.

twentyfour

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing to decrypt in the first place. The content of my group can be read by anyone just by clicking on the link provided.

None of the content is encrypted so I really don't understand your point.

I think the point was that NSA has a backdoor to all the popular chat apps out there, including Telegram, whatsapp, LINE, etc, and so even if you start a private conversation (supposedly not available for public viewing), you can still be monitored through networks like Echelon (NSA's real time keyword recognition program).

Publicly accessible chats open to all like yours is definitely not the target although this is not to say that suspicious activity will not be reported to the authorities as and when they arise.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Publicly accessible chats open to all like yours is definitely not the target although this is not to say that suspicious activity will not be reported to the authorities as and when they arise.

What's the difference between suspicious activity in this forum and suspicious activity in my Telegram channel?

When it comes to private messaging every app has it's strengths and weaknesses. Here is a scorecard :

https://www.eff.org/node/82654

The info is a bit out of date as the sands are always shifting. A new report from EFF is due soon.

The fact that numerous governments have banned telegram bode well for the app. It means that cracking secret chats is no walk in the park. The authorities would have to gain root access to the device from which the messages originated. Intercepting the messages and decrypting the content en route is a daunting task even for the NSA.

The ability of the NSA has been over hyped. The fact that the FBI had to get the assistance of an Israeli security company to break into an iPhone speaks for itself.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means that cracking secret chats is no walk in the park. The authorities would have to gain root access to the device from which the messages originated. Intercepting the messages and decrypting the content en route is a daunting task even for the NSA.

According to crypto experts, the US is within reach of deploying quantum computers in a decade--at most a decade and a half. When that happens, all known encryption algorithms in current use can be hacked within 5 minutes.

The ability of the NSA has been over hyped. The fact that the FBI had to get the assistance of an Israeli security company to break into an iPhone speaks for itself.

According to a little bird from the West, it was Tim CROOK himself who gave permission for Apple to forward the decryption method to an Israeli security company to hack said iPhone.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is shocking. I have it on good authority that our local security apparatus is able to break into iPhones quite easily. It is hard to imagine the FBI, with its size and resources at its disposal, cannot hack into the average iPhone.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think your point below is spot on. Unless we are sharing how to assemble a bomb, the West got better things to do to keep them occupied.

We Singaporeans however tend to be overly cautious.

I know of friends who would not login into SBF out of fear. I guess it will take time.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
According to crypto experts, the US is within reach of deploying quantum computers in a decade--at most a decade and a half. When that happens, all known encryption algorithms in current use can be hacked within 5 minutes.

According to a little bird from the West, it was Tim CROOK himself who gave permission for Apple to forward the decryption method to an Israeli security company to hack said iPhone.

As decrypting technology advances so to will encryption methods. It's a fluid situation and will remain so for a long time to come.

twentyfour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of friends who would not login into SBF out of fear. I guess it will take time.

Tell them it's an adult site and get them to man up. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Level of fear is relative. When one is aroused, login to the adult sex site becomes a reality. When one is more aroused, you can even see real adults going around taking and posting upskirt photos and risking jail time.

Its the level of arousal that is key here. In this case, we lack political arousal. Upon political arousal, level of fear diminishes.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
DLjzk4NXkAElaVb.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is shocking. I have it on good authority that our local security apparatus is able to break into iPhones quite easily. It is hard to imagine the FBI, with its size and resources at its disposal, cannot hack into the average iPhone.

lumpar lor the sinkie poodles cant even open a nokia symbian fone because they cant afford to buy a power adapter and let case persist for 5-6 years

Engeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell them it's an adult site and get them to man up. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What adult site? You came here for that don't assume everyone is like you. I came here due to the living in JB forum and didn't know it's an adult site. In fact I have never heard of it prior to that. It's not that famous ok.

Anyway leongsam said this is not a sex forum. Looks like he is blatantly telling lies indeed with one banner that says it's not while operating like it is one and a moderator declaring that it's one. For goodness sake, do good and tell the truth so that good people like me are not misled into thinking this is to talk anti pap stuff.