• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Cheng Bock Officially Joins The Dark Side! Joining With Oppies Against Good PAP!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Lim Park to protest on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017, against reserved Presidential Election

Although it might be a little too late, Singaporeans dissatisfied with how the reserved Presidential Election 2017 panned out can still head to Hong Lim Park this Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017, to make their displeasure heard.

The protest event, “Silence Sit-in Protest – #Not My President”, which is grammatically incorrect, is organised by Hong Lim Park regular and social activist, Gilbert Goh.

Sit-in with no speakers

Goh received approval for the event on Sept. 12, a day after new President Halimah Yacob was initially announced as the sole eligible candidate to run in this PE2017.

The lack of a contest resulted in a walkover, which translated into palpable anger and backlash from the ground as Singaporeans could not exercise their right to vote, given that there were two other candidates who threw their names into the hat.

The legitimacy of President Halimah’s walkover victory has been diminished as a result.

The protest this Saturday is expected to last from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.

According to details on the event page, the protest is meant to be a sit-in with no speakers lined up.

There will also be no stage or sound system to address the crowd properly, unlike previous protests.

Protest-goers are encouraged to show up in black and carry placards with slogans.

Some 150 people have indicated their interest in showing up, as of Friday morning, 12am.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know who organised this event. Short lead time, no head no tail. People just put time put place, people just go loh :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

can bring x 2 extra mats ?

one for me and one for Mm. btw today is his birthday hor :smile:

u carry 3 mats i know its u...hor :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats why I have lost respect for the LGBT lot. Basic human rights for all of society completely ignored but they turn up in droves, putting so much effort in dressing up for pinkdot.

In the West, its the LGBT lot that will be the vanguard fighting for rights of everyone. They are always the best organised, forming the front light and facing the barricades for nearly every cause.

I am however always indebted to Alex Au for all he has done for Singapore and Singaporeans. A voice of the people crushed by the establishment.

20170701_pinkdot_th02.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
About half of the field filled, the young and old, cheers erupting now and then... am gonna continue reading :p:p:p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am glad to see dating couples, families bringing young children, elderly couples, folks from all walks of life coming together. There's hope. It starts here.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Negative, I don't think there are any Malay in the crowd, passerbys no count.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
probably still passed out after heavy makan.

The feel is different from the Black Centrepoint event. The energy and vibes during the Black Centrepoint event were that of anticipation, apprehension, excitement and hope all rolled into one. It's like trying to have sex in public for the first time.

The feel today is more of feeling resigned, dejection and repulsion of what the PAP had done. The feeling is just different.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The energy and vibes during the Black Centrepoint event were that of anticipation, apprehension, excitement and hope all rolled into one. It's like trying to have sex in public for the first time ...
did u get achief a happy ending? ...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Negative, I don't think there are any Malay in the crowd, passerbys no count.

They are scared of their community leaders. They are so dependent on the PAP. Sad.

What do you expect the malays to do? To protest against the first malay-muslim president in their lifetime? They now have a president who is muslim, a woman and a woman who wears the tudung, a very visible sign of their religion.

To most of them, Yushof ishak is a distant figure that most cannot relate to. Excommunication from their muslim community carries way more bite than a catholic excommunication. Nobody gives a shit about chink ex communicating each other because chinks are way too individualistic regardless which religion they belong to.

I took many photos and videos today. After poring through some of time, I've identified a handful of ingrate grassroots leaders and public servants who dared to join with botak Gilbert's protest. They should be expecting a coffee session from their superiors soon once I pass the relevant info to the right authorities.

Last edited: