• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 21 Year Old NSF Killed-In-Action While Defending Our Freedom In Australia!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
At least this chap died in service,,his insurance pay out etc will help his family,,,better than a lot of ppl,,die already also no one cares,,,,and much better than that disabled navy man. Which was used as a pappie political tool and thrown away like a used toilet paper,,,,and that navy chap by being alive is a burden to his family and his quality of life is shit..he would have been better of dead
Its a horrible way to die, far away from your home and relatives and friends. training for what? Battalion level exercise with combined arms in wide open areas? where will we ever get to do that in SE Asia? totally different terrain.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is the price to pay for being a sinkie male. RIP Gavin. Daft & humji sinkies won't give a shit about your death. They will only shed tears for Lee Kuan Yew.
Even worse, they shed tears for Gecko who never did a damn thing for them while stealing billions in HDB conveyance fees.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But at least he died and not disabled,,the family will get over it and have some support,,,better than be a disabled liability,,,death is part of life,,,deal with it.

Its a horrible way to die, far away from your home and relatives and friends. training for what? Battalion level exercise with combined arms in wide open areas? where will we ever get to do that in SE Asia? totally different terrain.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
death is part of life,,,deal with it.

Yes, death is part of life. But death by conscription is not part of life! It can be prevented if all of us say NO TO CONSCRIPTION! But this is a pipe dream in sinkiepore. I won't be a sinkie again in my next life. Once is enough!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have always been against conscription as its no longer about defending the country but more to ensure the generals have jobs,,,and support for the local ST industries,,,,but the 70% do not agree,,,,like what some would say,,who did the dead serviceman's parents vote for?

Yes, death is part of life. But death by conscription is not part of life! It can be prevented if all of us say NO TO CONSCRIPTION! But this is a pipe dream in sinkiepore. I won't be a sinkie again in my next life. Once is enough!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have always been against conscription as its no longer about defending the country but more to ensure the generals have jobs,,,and support for the local ST industries,,,,but the 70% do not agree,,,,like what some would say,,who did the dead serviceman's parents vote for?

A well trained and well motivated professional army is a much better setup than conscription.

But that mean a much smaller armed forces, less than 100k men under arms. That mean a much smaller gravy train. Defense $$ are known use to reward cronies.

Even 100k men is too many. UK authorized strength only 100k. Why shd sgp maintains such a number?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It the same in training in India. If the training ground is in the north east frontier still a bit relevant but it not. The most relevant training ground for saf armour are still kanchanaburi and temburong. These are the terrain saf are in, those idiots in mindef shd not be thinking they are playing panzer leader.