• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Intend to convert this forum to Xenforo if database import works out

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I would like to go in that direction but it would be too complicated as there is so much customisation that it would cost a king's ransom to port over and retain all the features that have been added over the years.

In addition the database is so large that we are talking at least a week of downtime if I decided to switch. None of the sponsors would tolerate such an extended break.

Thanks for the answer I just curious only not that I visit that site (for the record)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
that's good..........but still afraid of cock-ups leh............hope 100% no problems.........

There will be LOADS of problems that will have to be sorted out and it is hard to predict what will go wrong until the switchover takes place.

Aiming for Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Those who want to try out xenforo can go to the test url at http://zen.sammyboy.com

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
logonothingfurtherdown.png

It feels like the end is near and Boss Sam is going to salvage us and bring us to Xenforo Heaven!

See you again after the resurrection

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
logonothingfurtherdown.png

It feels like the end is near and Boss Sam is going to salvage us and bring us to Xenforo Heaven!

See you again after the resurrection

All the the threads will still be there and all members will still log in with exactly the same credentials. The only difference will be the platform upon which the content sits.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the the threads will still be there and all members will still log in with exactly the same credentials. The only difference will be the platform upon which the content sits.

how about succession planning?
I mean we will all be teleported somewhere one day.

Will you make your successor known to us like LKY? Are your moderators the DPM, next in-line PM?
or Will your son take over like LHL? :wink:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
how about succession planning?
I mean we will all be teleported somewhere one day.

Will you make your successor known to us like LKY? Are your moderators the DPM, next in-line PM?
or Will your son take over like LHL? :wink:

None whatsoever. When I die this forum will carry on till the hosting company shuts it down because the bills have not been paid.

I have no intention of trying to extend my glowing legacy beyond my lifespan.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And approximately how long more would that be? Best guess..

With his rigorous cycling, ideal BMI, healthful diet, regular sex, and state-subsidized medical treatment from Thailand, I expect Boss to outdo old fart and live to a 100.

Most of us would be gone by then.:o

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That is kind of sad. At least live long enough to see Trump finish his second term(hopefully) in office.

That would be great but the fact of the matter is that I've done my best and the outcome is not in my hands. :smile:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
None whatsoever. When I die this forum will carry on till the hosting company shuts it down because the bills have not been paid.

I have no intention of trying to extend my glowing legacy beyond my lifespan.

Dear boss!!!!!!!

Please, i beg you. Either you don't die or you don't this forum expires after you go to another realm.

I aspire to roam this forum with my grandkids, showing them a world beyond their textbooks.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Dear boss!!!!!!!

Please, i beg you. Either you don't die or you don't this forum expires after you go to another realm.

I aspire to roam this forum with my grandkids, showing them a world beyond their textbooks.

You can take over the hosting account then. :smile:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can take over the hosting account then. :smile:

Boss ah Boss!
I need mandate; you think i am like macik is it?
You cannot disqualify worthy seniors like my idol Froggy, Zhihau, ESnDie, Raiders, Big Sexy, etc

Besides, I am just one-month old in this forum. you cannot fast-track me into successor like Ong Ye Kung.
I take my humble seat.