• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SDP Wastes Money On Frivolous Lawsuit For By-Election In Marsiling GRC!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money worth spend on taking lhl to court. Dead old fart wealth will be disclose to us if more oppoies win more parliament seats.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe at best PAP can only argue for a BE to be held for that particular seat, and not the entire GRC.

Singapore will have to thank a cleaner and a mad lawyer if we get a BE @ Marsiling.

They cannot just re-elect the missing minority MP who will join the PAP GRC... so it has to be the entire GRC.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
They cannot just re-elect the missing minority MP who will join the PAP GRC... so it has to be the entire GRC.

this is one grey area. When Ong chit Chung passed away, there wasn't any BE for Jurong GRC, but that was before the landmark ruling.

Possible the Court case is about whether should there be a BE for entire GRC or just that vacant seat.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is one grey area. When Ong chit Chung passed away, there wasn't any BE for Jurong GRC, but that was before the landmark ruling.

Possible the Court case is about whether should there be a BE for entire GRC or just that vacant seat.

My take is that PAP will twist the rules again...

The voters actually voted for the GRC team...so they will come out and say that since it is a "team matter", they will just appoint a random Malay MP to fill the vacant post.

Think about it...when you voted in Marsiling last GE, did you voted for Halimah or the entire PAP GRC team?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The voters actually voted for the GRC team...so they will come out and say that since it is a "team matter", they will just appoint a random Malay MP to fill the vacant post.

Think about it...when you voted in Marsiling last GE, did you voted for Halimah or the entire PAP GRC team?

If we stretch this logic further, in a GRC for 5 members, if 4 left, they can suka suka appoint 4 others to fill the void. In that case, only 1 member in the 5-man GRC is elected.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would be interested in seeing a BE.

It would be a chance to see if the PAP are as popular since the last GE when they hadn't announced all the price hikes e.g. Water, electricity, ...

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would be interested in seeing a BE.

It would be a chance to see if the PAP are as popular since the last GE when they hadn't announced all the price hikes e.g. Water, electricity, ...

Nothing to do with the PAP. It's the 70% humchee that is the issue.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we stretch this logic further, in a GRC for 5 members, if 4 left, they can suka suka appoint 4 others to fill the void. In that case, only 1 member in the 5-man GRC is elected.

The game, rules and referee is all decided and set by PAP.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is good that SDP is being smart about this by challenging it as a constitutional issue. They are fighting within the system though rigged it might be. At least it puts the Pappies on the defensive. True the compliant judiciary will side with the pappies but each time they issue a verdict,,the verdict becomes more ridiculous day by day. Look at the reserved PE,,,,the court verdict was just a joke and shows what clowns the pappies and judiciary are,,,the pap is being attacked bit by bit,,,the rest is up to the 70%...I know even if the BE is held,,the opposition will not win,,,but if pap don't hold the BE,,,it makes it looks weak and insecure,,,,If I were PInky,,I would hold the BE,,by winning the BE,,,pinky position is strengthened and it will be a great propaganda coup for the pappies,,,and look,,,pap will win,,,might as well have the BE,,,,if by a sucker punch the OPPO win the BE,,,PAP will still dominate parleement and it can still fix the new oppo town council like what they are doing in Aljunied,,,,so loose,,,loose abit,,,win,,,win by a lot,

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They can set rules etc. but the 30% will not be moved.

It used to be nearly 40%. Now shrivelled to 30%. By the next GE, it should be down to 25%. PAP should win by a larger majority. I expect the oppies to lose all the GRCs and if they are lucky, hang on to Hougang SMC by barely a 2% majority.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It used to be nearly 40%. Now shrivelled to 30%. By the next GE, it should be down to 25%. PAP should win by a larger majority. I expect the oppies to lose all the GRCs and if they are lucky, hang on to Hougang SMC by barely a 2% majority.

The 40% became 30% because of the influx of new citizens which diluted the remnants of democracy.