• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We should not let unhappiness weigh down Halimah's duties: ESM Goh

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
President-elect Halimah Yacob is not a controversial figure, although the process of how she got there "may be highly controversial", Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said in a Facebook post on Thursday (Sept 14).

"Halimah did not dream of being a President but will serve with full heart now that she is," he wrote.

The process of how Halimah Yacob became President may be highly controversial but she is not a controversial figure. I persuaded Halimah to leave NTUC to serve the people, and not just workers, in 2001. I tracked her performance in her constituency, as a backbencher in Parliament, then MOS and finally Speaker. She also served as chairman of the PAP Seniors Group committee. As advisor, I attended the meetings and felt her sincerity to help our seniors. Her motivation, dedication and desire to serve and help others are not skin-deep. I have no doubt that she will gain the respect and support of the people as a humble, down-to-earth and sincere President with a big heart for all, regardless of status, wealth, abilities, race or religion. Halimah did not dream of being a President but will serve with full heart now that she is. The focus so far has been on process, but we should not let whatever unhappiness weigh down her duties. We expect our Head of State to be a unifying figure but we must also do our part to help the President succeed. Congratulations, President Halimah Yacob. --- gct

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
President-elect Halimah Yacob is not a controversial figure, although the process of how she got there "may be highly controversial", Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said in a Facebook post on Thursday (Sept 14).

"Halimah did not dream of being a President but will serve with full heart now that she is," he wrote.

The focus so far has been on process, but we should not let whatever unhappiness weigh down her duties. We expect our Head of State to be a unifying figure but we must also do our part to help the President succeed. Congratulations, President Halimah Yacob. --- gct

With PAP as her backbone, does she need the people?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
OLD FUCK GOH should be choosing his choice of burial instead of talking nonsense. My Dog has more things to do than Halimah, KFC, Prata combined.
If he's too free, go fuck his fat wife.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GCT criticised LHL for the process.

If the process is wrong, then the outcome of the process is illegitimate. The result should be nullified.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT criticised LHL for the process.

If the process is wrong, then the outcome of the process is illegitimate. The result should be nullified.

Exactly...plus WTF, WE have to help the Prez succeed?

A Prez that we did not choose or elect.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT should take a gun to his head and spare him and us the misery of his wisdom. This guy had an opportunity and he fluffed it when he gave the old man a pass for Nassim Jade.

And this prick allowed TPL to contest the ward. The woman can't even secure a job on her own merit and has to use her PAP link to get a job, not once but both times.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For whatever reasons GCT now the king maker ? He admitted that Halimah is arrowed to come out to run as president ? Like that might as well give us a list of upcoming prez and do away with the wayang of presidential election.

I rather he not come out and talk. Rubbing salt into wound.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of spending time pleading with us to help Halimah...why don't they spend the time addressing the unhappiness in the first place?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is becoming more senile and weak in his statement. You can see how easily LTK threw the senile Goh off his chair about the PAP constant use of defamation against the oppie.