Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,572
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 0

    Default NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...y-power-outage

    more to cum

    cos old man feel no face to have such an dishonorable son

    A power outage at the National University Hospital (NUH) yesterday resulted in ambulances being diverted to other hospitals and patients in the affected area directed to other parts of the hospital.

    The power went out at 4.15pm for 11/2 hours and affected mainly the first floor of NUH's main building.
    Last edited by rambo22; 14-09-2017 at 05:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,878
    My Reputation Points: 363 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Strangle his fucking dishonourable son of a bitch and strike him with a lightning, what the fuck is he doing switching off lights? He looking for Gecko's corpse to fuck in the dark???

    [𨳒你老母臭閪]
    Traitor Pappies, may you outlive your offspring.
    Lanjiao Loong, Cheebye Chui. Whip your corpse!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    30,793
    My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 13

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by rambo22 View Post
    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...y-power-outage

    more to cum

    cos old man feel no face to have such an dishonirable son

    A power outage at the National University Hospital (NUH) yesterday resulted in ambulances being diverted to other hospitals and patients in the affected area directed to other parts of the hospital.

    The power went out at 4.15pm for 11/2 hours and affected mainly the first floor of NUH's main building.
    Ok!...the golden question?, no prize to be given or wanted....Don't these places like hospitals, have BACK UP POWER?, Emergency Generator(s) or preparation for such "EMERGENCY"?? this is peace time...we are not prepared for such power outage in an EMERGENCY department of a hospital....no emergency backup?

    The hospital admin & Maintenance must come clean ....no one committed "harakiri"??...it must hen be a honest mistake or act of gourd!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    36,048
    My Reputation Points: 1591 / Power: 2

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    Ok!...the golden question?, no prize to be given or wanted....Don't these places like hospitals, have BACK UP POWER?, Emergency Generator(s) or preparation for such "EMERGENCY"?? this is peace time...we are not prepared for such power outage in an EMERGENCY department of a hospital....no emergency backup?

    The hospital admin & Maintenance must come clean ....no one committed "harakiri"??...it must hen be a honest mistake or act of gourd!
    All hospitals in first world nations have backup generators that keep things going in the event of a power failure.

    Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    My Reputation Points: 889 / Power: 10

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    Ok!...the golden question?, no prize to be given or wanted....Don't these places like hospitals, have BACK UP POWER?, Emergency Generator(s) or preparation for such "EMERGENCY"?? this is peace time...we are not prepared for such power outage in an EMERGENCY department of a hospital....no emergency backup?

    The hospital admin & Maintenance must come clean ....no one committed "harakiri"??...it must hen be a honest mistake or act of gourd!
    Standby generator will only cut in when the main incoming from Singapore Power failed. From the report, power disruption affected only 1 level so it should probably be internal tripping and the supply from SP should be normal.

    For critical places like operating theatre, there should be UPS system to mitigate any localized power disruption.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    30,793
    My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 13

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by Seee3 View Post
    Standby generator will only cut in when the main incoming from Singapore Power failed. From the report, power disruption affected only 1 level so it should probably be internal tripping and the supply from SP should be normal.

    For critical places like operating theatre, there should be UPS system to mitigate any localized power disruption.
    I know, that is at the Sub-station within the hospital, where the incoming power is distributed to the various power lines & distributed out again through....there is a standby power generator there. But this is the hospital EMERGENCY Department...the word is "emergency"...there should be UPS or UPS system...to kick in on stand by for at least 1 hour....

    It means that...it is a honest mistake!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,572
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    must bring up this issue to our Hell Minister

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    9,189
    My Reputation Points: 981 / Power: 10

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    So did anyone died because of this ? If not there is nothing to see. Move on.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    568
    My Reputation Points: 230 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Our power supply is in the hands of foreign companies...... essential services not essential any longer?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,602
    My Reputation Points: 249 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Olf fart turned into nasty ghost goes round Singapore to damage major installations. Angry at Sinkies cursed at his name everytime people talked bad of Singapore.

    Served old fart right for being a nasty bastard who bullied Sinkies for 50 years.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    My Reputation Points: 889 / Power: 10

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    I know, that is at the Sub-station within the hospital, where the incoming power is distributed to the various power lines & distributed out again through....there is a standby power generator there. But this is the hospital EMERGENCY Department...the word is "emergency"...there should be UPS or UPS system...to kick in on stand by for at least 1 hour....

    It means that...it is a honest mistake!
    Just for technical discussion.

    UPS and standby generators are only temporary supplies. For critical equipment which will crash even with split second power disruption, UPS is needed as generator will need a few seconds to cut in.

    Whether it is UPS or generator, they are not meant to provide normal operation. They are just to buy time to allow a proper shut down of the existing operation or to transfer operation to alternative sites. However, most end users misunderstood that they are to ensure normal operation while power is being restored. Most of the time, power is restored within a short time and that give wrong impression to the purpose of such standby power supplies.

    For NUH case, we cannot fault them for diverting ambulances as it is a correct sop as no one can be sure that the UPS supported equipment in their A&E can last till the time that power is restored.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    22,462
    My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 12

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    This will probably be treated as another honest mistake & the incident swept under the carpet.

    However if the gecko or LKY was still alive & at the hospital when this happen, you can be assured that heads would roll.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    30,793
    My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 13

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by Seee3 View Post
    Just for technical discussion.

    UPS and standby generators are only temporary supplies. For critical equipment which will crash even with split second power disruption, UPS is needed as generator will need a few seconds to cut in.

    Whether it is UPS or generator, they are not meant to provide normal operation. They are just to buy time to allow a proper shut down of the existing operation or to transfer operation to alternative sites. However, most end users misunderstood that they are to ensure normal operation while power is being restored. Most of the time, power is restored within a short time and that give wrong impression to the purpose of such standby power supplies.

    For NUH case, we cannot fault them for diverting ambulances as it is a correct sop as no one can be sure that the UPS supported equipment in their A&E can last till the time that power is restored.
    Ok, I understand....if NUH is the only hospital, the nearest is 100km...at least they could have some sort of backup...anyway, there is more to meet the eye...I agree with your explanation...that is the proper procedure...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,602
    My Reputation Points: 249 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Under lhl pap contractors and civil serpent jiak liu corrupt like hell.

    Even want to najib wang w hospital places 不知死。

    Quote Originally Posted by halsey02 View Post
    Ok, I understand....if NUH is the only hospital, the nearest is 100km...at least they could have some sort of backup...anyway, there is more to meet the eye...I agree with your explanation...that is the proper procedure...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,874
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by Seee3 View Post
    Just for technical discussion.

    UPS and standby generators are only temporary supplies. For critical equipment which will crash even with split second power disruption, UPS is needed as generator will need a few seconds to cut in.

    Whether it is UPS or generator, they are not meant to provide normal operation. They are just to buy time to allow a proper shut down of the existing operation or to transfer operation to alternative sites. However, most end users misunderstood that they are to ensure normal operation while power is being restored. Most of the time, power is restored within a short time and that give wrong impression to the purpose of such standby power supplies.

    For NUH case, we cannot fault them for diverting ambulances as it is a correct sop as no one can be sure that the UPS supported equipment in their A&E can last till the time that power is restored.
    ups relies on battery backup while backup generator, usually diesel powered, requires cranking up and startup time of at least 6.9 minutes. it resupplies electric power to battery banks, not necessarily providing power directly to offices affected. in data center here, we have 16 hours of battery backup and 3+1 diesel generators, meaning 3 active generators running on hot standby with 1 on cold standby. they are connected to the grid and are part of a comprehensive power distribution network 24 by 7 by 365. if disaster or disruption happens, cannot rely on fuel supply to the generators, thus must cut seamlessly over to another site 69 miles away using geographic redundancy. if both sites fail simultaneously like a major earthquake event or nuclear first strike must rely on sites in the rocky mountains buried deep and hardened. sg doesn't have the luxury of true geographic redundancy. when shit hits the fan she is extremely vulnerable. but sinkies will continue to kpkb about little inconveniences.
    Last edited by eatshitndie; 14-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,263
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    The point is no first tier hospital with A&E status should see such a situation. No amount of technical explanation can cover the issue.

    Singaporeans are easily fooled by the myriad of technical reasons that follows each and every mishap - from floods to MRT.

    I remember one cabinet minister explained hospital bed shortage to school holidays and idiots bought it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seee3 View Post
    Just for technical discussion.

    UPS and standby generators are only temporary supplies. For critical equipment which will crash even with split second power disruption, UPS is needed as generator will need a few seconds to cut in.

    Whether it is UPS or generator, they are not meant to provide normal operation. They are just to buy time to allow a proper shut down of the existing operation or to transfer operation to alternative sites. However, most end users misunderstood that they are to ensure normal operation while power is being restored. Most of the time, power is restored within a short time and that give wrong impression to the purpose of such standby power supplies.

    For NUH case, we cannot fault them for diverting ambulances as it is a correct sop as no one can be sure that the UPS supported equipment in their A&E can last till the time that power is restored.
    Last edited by scroobal; 14-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    My Reputation Points: 224 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Its a omen of signs of things to come on Honeymah nomination day. Even the doctors say it never happened like that for 20 years he was in NUH.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,421
    My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by Seee3 View Post
    Just for technical discussion.

    UPS and standby generators are only temporary supplies. For critical equipment which will crash even with split second power disruption, UPS is needed as generator will need a few seconds to cut in.

    Whether it is UPS or generator, they are not meant to provide normal operation. d.
    Ups is farked, should use honest bee, ninja or dhl

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    My Reputation Points: 889 / Power: 10

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    The point is no first tier hospital with A&E status should see such a situation. No amount of technical explanation can cover the issue.

    Singaporeans are easily fooled by the myriad of technical reasons that follows each and every mishap - from floods to MRT.

    I remember one cabinet minister explained hospital bed shortage to school holidays and idiots bought it.
    If the supporting services are backup by standby generator with huge fuel supply tank, then ambulances need not be diverted so quickly. There will be more time for the technician to make an assessment. Therefore, the issue is in the design which would have affected the construction cost. Probably, having a fully backup A&E for NUH was not considered necessary at that time as it is not the main hospital. If sgh is the same, then we really need to relook at our installations.

    Mrt's problem is different. Probably more a case of negligent and ignorant. A dear price we are paying for having incompetent people in charge till now. A few breakdown may be due to sabotage. To operate a service that has only very little time for maintenance, the crew must be competent. Such knowledge comes only from experience and exposure to the very system itself, not from books. Even if we bring in the top crew from say Japan, they will need some time to understand and identify all the problem. They can still do it because their attitude is different. Here, we put a bunch of people who are only more interested in finding excuses for failures will never fit it again. All they know is get a consultant or replace and upgrade.
    Last edited by Seee3; 14-09-2017 at 11:37 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    30,793
    My Reputation Points: 2501 / Power: 13

    Default Re: NUH power outage - Old Man Very Angry liao

    Quote Originally Posted by Seee3 View Post
    If the supporting services are backup by standby generator with huge fuel supply tank, then ambulances need not be diverted so quickly. There will be more time for the technician to make an assessment. Therefore, the issue is in the design which would have affected the construction cost. Probably, having a fully backup A&E for NUH was not considered necessary at that time as it is not the main hospital. If sgh is the same, then we really need to relook at our installations.

    Mrt's problem is different. Probably more a case of negligent and ignorant. A dear price we are paying for having incompetent people in charge till now. A few breakdown may be due to sabotage. To operate a service that has only very little time for maintenance, the crew must be competent. Such knowledge comes only from experience and exposure to the very system itself, not from books. Even if we bring in the top crew from say Japan, they will need some time to understand and identify all the problem. They can still do it because their attitude is different. Here, we put a bunch of people who are only more interested in finding excuses for failures will never fit it again. All they know is get a consultant or replace and upgrade.
    All it takes is one of the "elite" to get caught in that situation of ever to go emergency department & there is a major power failure there, then, they will sit up & do something. Then again, it is HSK or....the emergency unit will come to them...

    My point is, we all know the SOP the technicality of backups etc...for many of us have worked in critical areas where power backups is essential like data centers etc... but, the point is....how prepared are we in National Emergencies?...in critical areas like EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTS of hospitals....what is there was a major accident within 2 KM from NUH & the quicker to the hospital saves lives.....there is a power failure at the ER Dept NUH....how many lives, you think will be "saved"??

    Like one of their 'holey' mantra chanting wisecracks says...."any one came clean?, anyone committed harakiri or the head or ER resigned?"


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. This is a very angry man...
    By BuiKia in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-02-2013, 10:26 AM
  2. There was this very old man who used to be in the Reform Party...
    By chickenmuffin in forum The Political / Serious Zone [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 02:59 PM
  3. Old Man very unhappy .... how election's preparation .......
    By Equalisation in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM
  4. Man arrested in connection with Marina Bay Sands power outage
    By Sun Wukong in forum Singapore Crime
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-05-2010, 03:27 PM
  5. Idiotic Hotel Guy taunts angry Old Man!!!
    By Loongsam in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •