• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Official! Madam President Wins By Walkover! Majulah Halimah!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I really wonder when and what is the tipping point for singaporeans? How much garbage can they take? What is their limit to make them do something about it? One thing for sure, Singaporeans can take a lot more garbage than Thais, Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, even Malaysians.

Sinkies are garbage. So of course they love their own kind.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 'elected' Presidency is purely a ceremony role whose impact and connection with the man on the street is irrelevant.
Singaporeans are generally a acquiescent bunch and will just shrug their shoulders and carry on their lives.

Don't expect to see any shit storms on Twitter or other social media outlets. We are not a nation of political protest or dissent when it comes to perceived injustice.
For that alone, we get what we deserve.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
hqdefault.jpg

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 'elected' Presidency is purely a ceremony role whose impact and connection with the man on the street is irrelevant.
Singaporeans are generally a acquiescent bunch and will just shrug their shoulders and carry on their lives.

Don't expect to see any shit storms on Twitter or other social media outlets. We are not a nation of political protest or dissent when it comes to perceived injustice.
For that alone, we get what we deserve.

Yes the Council of Presidential Advisers have more power.

jw5

Loyal
Or perhaps a wolf in sheep's clothing who decides. :biggrin:

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.” ― James Bovard

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insightful comments from Derek da Cunha

"Now you might understand why I was unusually quiet about the PE over the past many months, declining or not responding to interview requests, which included on-camera and print media interviews, and also messages from private citizens.

The day Dr Tony Tan narrowly won PE2011, I concluded that it was very unlikely that there would be a contest the next time round. The precedent had already been established by S.R. Nathan, who was “elected” twice via walkovers. I had in fact expected the Government to tighten the qualifying criteria for candidates shortly after PE2011 but it only dealt with this matter after GE2015 where it secured a hefty mandate in terms of both parliamentary seats and the popular vote.

What is the point to even comment or read anything about the presidential “election” when one is quite certain there would be none? I had already stated publicly that I was against a reserved election and, therefore, to me there was nothing more to say.

It is my view that those intellectuals who added their two cents worth on this matter did not do themselves any favours. This is my personal view.

In the same way that when I saw the date of the IPS Forum on the Reserved Presidential Election, held last Friday (Sep 8, 2017), I knew perfectly well that the forum would have to be held BEFORE it was announced that there would be no contest. If it was held after, do you seriously think there would have been any interest in the forum?

Most of those folks who had voted for Mr Tan Jee Say during PE2011 and, therefore, effectively denied Dr Tan Cheng Bock victory, and most of those others who had commented and read up avidly on the PE coming up to this point, you were simply enthralled and awed by smoke and mirrors.

The Government will not pay any political price for this end result. This is on account of the election cycle, where we are still at least two years away from the next parliamentary general election. Whatever unhappiness some might now feel will evaporate into thin air in a matter of weeks."

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are so drunk on PAP juice they don't even know there are being sodomised every day, minute and second by the Lee political machinery.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
BT_20170808_UWHALIMAH8_3023946.jpg

Start getting used to this Malay couple's photo...will be seen on all post offices, police station and gahmen buildings.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insightful comments from Derek da Cunha

"The Government will not pay any political price for this end result. This is on account of the election cycle, where we are still at least two years away from the next parliamentary general election. Whatever unhappiness some might now feel will evaporate into thin air in a matter of weeks."

Fair point….Singos right now are discussing which iPhone to buy….

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Madam President addresses her throngs of supporters after nobody shows up to challenge her nomination. Lots of people accept her as Malay and as the People's President.

[video=youtube;YlKxeVlQPug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=YlKxeVlQPug[/video]

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like she got all of singapore out…..pulling power sia.

Madam President addresses her throngs of supporters after nobody shows up to challenge her nomination. Lots of people accept her as Malay and as the People's President.

[video=youtube;YlKxeVlQPug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=YlKxeVlQPug[/video]

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Could well have been an opportunity for these white bastards to secure more votes from the feminists. Teehee...

KanTouKi

Alfrescian
Loyal
President Halimah will donate her HDB flat to charity. That will be her first act as President to demonstrate her generosity.

And to let sinkees have jobs, all her family members will quit their private sector jobs and work for her in the Istana.

I tot she say she will continue to stay in her HDB flat if she got elected... :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy cow, within hours of nomination, the govt reserved 2 lots, erected signboards, painted the lot boundary red. She is certainly staying in Yishun. Truly a drama queen. She is trying to be the people's President. Old Man never queued up for chicken wings but his son did. This is the same. When you have nothing to contribute and unlikely to achieve anything that worthwhile, you look for acceptance by trying to appear humble.

Last edited: