• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good Kee Chiu: PAP Makes Tough Decisions Today For The Long-Term Good Of Sinkies!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The simple question is when ever did PAP make easy decision for the long term good of Singaporeans ?

Just think of CPF...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The simple question is when ever did PAP make easy decision for the long term good of Singaporeans ?

Just think of CPF...

Sinkies credit PAP for our NS system, which created ASEAN's most potent fighting force that has kept sinkies safe for the past 52 years. The decision to conscript sinkies was a painful decision costing PAP lots of political capital. Luckily, sinkies were rational voters who were not easily swayed by the populist speeches made by the marxists and the leftists.

CPF is another idea credited to the PAP. CPF stands out in recent years, especially when we see pension plans in the PIIGS country run out of cash or sponsored by taking on more debt. CPF money earns you a good compounded interest of around 5% per year. You will get a huge retirement sum if you start early. I maxed out my special account years ago. Today, I feel very rich looking at my CPF account.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A POLITICIAN VERSUS A POLITICAL LEADER
To explain, Mr Chan related a story about a conversation with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, which he said taught him the difference between a politician and a political leader.

It like trying to distinguish between whore and prostitute and claim one is better than the other.

Pap politicians always refer themselves as 'political leaders' when in reality they are just like any politician.

PAP politicians always praise themselves and very quick to claim credit where credit can be claimed but "siam" or play taichi when something goes wrong
even to the extent of blaming its own citizens. Politicians of the lowest calibre; self-serving and so full of themselves! What leaders?:rolleyes:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the old system, presidency was rotated amongst the four main ethnicities. We had Yusoff as the first, followed by Benjamin, then Nair and WKW.

The next president should be a Malay but it pap that denied Malay representation by rehauling the system to introduce elected presidency. And now they are coming back to talk about Malay representation. If they are really serious, they should introduced reserved election from onset of elected presidency and not now.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies credit PAP for our NS system, which created ASEAN's most potent fighting force that has kept sinkies safe for the past 52 years. The decision to conscript sinkies was a painful decision costing PAP lots of political capital. Luckily, sinkies were rational voters who were not easily swayed by the populist speeches made by the marxists and the leftists.

CPF is another idea credited to the PAP. CPF stands out in recent years, especially when we see pension plans in the PIIGS country run out of cash or sponsored by taking on more debt. CPF money earns you a good compounded interest of around 5% per year. You will get a huge retirement sum if you start early. I maxed out my special account years ago. Today, I feel very rich looking at my CPF account.

Please compare apples with apples.

CPF is YOUR very own money helped kept out of your reach by the gahmen.

Pension is a payment from the gahmen welfare system.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please compare apples with apples.

CPF is YOUR very own money helped kept out of your reach by the gahmen.

Pension is a payment from the gahmen welfare system.

I am comparing apples with apples.

Be it CPF or pension, that crux of the issue is money for your old age. Both CPF and pension are long-term plans for your retirement needs.

CPF is long term savings of your own money, pension is basically a huge pot of money that old people dip into monthly till they die.

People can screw up their CPF by overspending on housing loan. People's pensions can get screwed up when the company and country goes broke, leaving pensioners with nothing.

CPF can work very well if you save early and a lot, since the compound interest works in your favour. Pension can work very well for you if you are low to mid income earner with little personal savings over a lifetime, as long as the money in the system doesn't run out before you die.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the old system, presidency was rotated amongst the four main ethnicities. We had Yusoff as the first, followed by Benjamin, then Nair and WKW.

The next president should be a Malay but it pap that denied Malay representation by rehauling the system to introduce elected presidency. And now they are coming back to talk about Malay representation. If they are really serious, they should introduced reserved election from onset of elected presidency and not now.

Of course they not serious...they only want to get TCB.