• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Tan Chuan Jin Story

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
An interesting read, given that other inside sources said boy scout chuan jin fell from grace because he was outright incompetent and made a mess of whichever ministry he was posted to. I am glad I've bet on the right horse thus far. When PM Kee Chiu takes over, my family and I would be rightly placed to benefit from his rising star.

No doubt about it. He will be fisting your daughter's arse hole.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should have done his time in SAF and could be in a GLC or Perm Sec earning more than he ever would have as a MP or Minister. Plus, more time with his offspring.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to mention and something I only came to know yesterday. The people close to him said that he was his own man. He apparently turned down Harvard to do his Masters in Public Policy Management in NUS. Makes you wonder why?

Maybe his wife disapproved ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
What dilemma? Once you joined PAP camp, you lost all your conscience and sold your soul for a good sum for retirements, the rest is just secondary to the minsters.

Why destroy the myth ? It's the only way gian lui but God loving men can ever justify their involvement.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will always be people who feel they can change things. Some leave, others get stuck in the system and then we have people like VB who become worse despite telling people and the press that he was going to change things. Just look at the nonsense he did with YOG.

We will know what transpired after years have passed.

being both a good christian/catholic and a pap minister/mp is oxymoronic.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
anyone who joins the PAP knows what they are doing and who they are joining. These people are not stupid.

There is absolutely NO NEED to give them ANY BENEFIT OF DOUBT.

Stop coming up with all these delusions about how some PAP politicians are in there for "good reasons" etc. They are there simply because it is good for their careers and their bank accounts and potential future employment in Singapore.

Basically even if they say that they have a good heart, sincerely want to help people and all that crap.....THEY SOLD OUT and joined PAP for the above mentioned perks.

Tan Chuan Jin being an SAF scholar has enjoyed all these perks for a very long time. Maybe he has some new terminal illness or diagnosis that has reminded him of his mortality and now wants to repent.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No doubt about it. He will be fisting your daughter's arse hole.

Like the way I fist oppies' arseholes each time after GE? It would be nice to watch PAP retake Aljunied GRC in the coming GE. We will welcome Victor Lye with flowers and dancing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
After this week's announcement, I thought I will dig around. Firstly this sad story that I mentioned in a some thread in this forum some moons ago about TCJ. I will repeat to give context. I heard it from an associate but left out details that identify the family.

It involves a mission school girl from a minority background that went to NUS. While in second year, she started to face mental issues and began contacting her ex-school mates and they detected that all was not right. She also began emailing the President and few other Ministers making various claims. The family was not aware of what was going on.

One day, TCJ who was a cabinet minister turned up at the house unannounced. The SO remained outside. He spoke to the parents and explained what was going on. The shock of seeing a cabinet minister was overtaken by what he told them and he showed them the emails. The Mission school also contacted the parents despite a number of years has passed and credit to them. The girl is now undergoing medical treatment and there is much progress. NUS has given her an extended leave to get things right.

In all my years, I have never heard of a minister ever personally attending to such a matter.

Now the digging and its results. TCJ asked to leave cabinet because he was uncomfortable. I heard this from day one and I already mentioned in another thread but others that are close have also confirmed it in subsequent days. Cabinet ministers all sign a confidentiality agreement so the case or cases that are the tipping point/s won't come out anytime soon. So it will take a couple years before some ex-cabinet colleagues will hint the reason. The person that was most impacted is Tharman as both have become close and it was Tharman that wanted him as his point man on social issues.

His 2 entries on FB especially the second gives a hint.

What kind of fucking TCJ story is this? U go and dig up this fucked up story, not attributable to any source, based on hearsay and rumours, and on top of that defend it by saying the story is out there and cannot be verified because TCJ signed a confidentiality agreement? Are you trying to say that he is a compassionate and sympathetic figure? I on the other hand can prove through his own words his lack of compassion, understanding, and plain simple human decency. How can I do this? By simple reference to the many articles on his comments about elderly people who needed to collect cardboard not for money but for exercise. This is a truly insensitive attitude. But of course, you ignore this factual information and point to this "digging around" to come up with this pathetic drivel. That is why I like to show you up for the fake that you are. When I put out an anti-TCJ thread like this one,

https://sammyboy.com/showthread.php...ions-quot-ever-made-by-a-Minister-I-have-seen

U have to counter with this shit thread. Why don't you stick to commentary on Australia events, u PAP piece of shit?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/why-cabinet-to-speaker-plus-can-be-an-upgrade

ScreenShot2017-09-09at10.08.06AM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-09at10.08.18AM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-09at10.08.28AM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-09at10.08.38AM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-09at10.08.48AM.png

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read an article in SCMP moving him to this role effectively tells the world he is finished, out of the PM race. And expect to fade out in the next GE. Maybe he had other plans like take over a GLC.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPH prostitute whorehouse is now being asked to turn lead to gold. That article is complete rubbish.

1. The speaker draws an allowance as it is not a full time role. This is the Westminster role that countries with that model follows. Some take on a day job and others live on the allowance.

2. There are support staff and including assistance for the speaker so he does not have to do much except know the rules of the Parliament to and to facilitate parliamentary debate.

3. It is not an executive role and it is not even an administrative role either. He or she has no business dealing with the government or even with the Junior person in government about any matter including cleaning of drains. No body gives a fuck what he thinks as along as he facilitates debates in parliament and follow the rules.

4. The speaker ranks as an equal in protocol with the CJ and covers for the President of Singapore when the President is away or on leave. Its more ceremonial. Its also to give some level of power so that MPs show their respect.

5. The only reason TCJ was given the role is that the salary is $550k and will buffer him until he finds a day job. He can continue as speaker while fully employed elsewhere. I am sure he has financial commitments and mortgages to look after which would have been take when he joined the cabinet.

6. It a political dead-end job and given to someone who is not expected to join government, not suitable for the political executive or as a retirement role.

In essence, nobody will miss a heartbeat if he does not turn up for work. He has no input whatsoever in policy, in the business of government and everything in the public sector except in Parliament and in the ceremonial role when the covers the President.

In simple terms he left the cabinet or kicked out whichever way you want to take it. It certainly is not promotion or even a lateral posting. The drop in status, power and influence is immense. A close comparison is looking after the smooth functioning of the Gym at the National Stadium after being dropped from the National Football team as player and Captain for over 15 years.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;RQwUC1Hflfg]https://youtu.be/RQwUC1Hflfg[/video]​

All the standard model answers... we all play different roles , blah.. blah.. repeat in a different way ... we play to our strengths .... it is a like broken record.

What happen to the statement ... the speaker is a very important job ? And TCJ is just the right guy for the role.