• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat iPhone 8 to be launch on Tuesday 12th Sep

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquire...ce-pre-orders-tipped-to-begin-on-15-september

Launch - 12th Sep
Order - 15th Sep
Ship - 22 Sep

appleinvitation-540x334.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a lot of activities and traffic going on at the new apple ufo campus on wolfe and homestead in cupertino. for the 1st time, an iphone reveal event will be held there in the brand new steve jobs theater just outside the circular spaceship. the main part of the auditorium is underground. you'll need a pass to get through security for the event. try to avoid homestead and wolfe if you can next week. the old campus at de anza is like a ghost town now. that's where i get my philz coffee, on de anza and stevens creek. line is shorter. the new philz cafe nearer the new apple campus on wolfe and stevens creek has a much longer line.

apple-park-internals.jpg

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breaking News...launch date delayed by 1 month.

Now launching in Oct 2018 instead.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The announcement on the 12th is just the announcement of when the new iPhones will be released.

Plenty of Rumours on details such as how many new models, the price, the capacity & features, which ones will have OLED vs LED, ....

I'm in the market for a replacement phone, so I will be watching with interest :smile:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple insists their OS runs more efficiently on their (lower-specification) hardware but Samsung's & LG's camera are far more superior.
Generally, Samsung S and Note Series have better technical-specifications than their generation's Iphone peers.
Worst of all, Apple rips customers off by denying the use of micro-sd cards to boost memory sizes.

However, the durability is not there for Samsung. I am not just refering to the fire incidents with Note 7.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, the durability is not there for Samsung.

Ok clarify - Xiaomi is much much worse than Samsung. They got famous because they exploited the social media and paid internet coverage.
Oppo is better than Mi and Mi is losing market share to Oppo. Xiaomi is now only good for selling rechargeable battery bank.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The announcement on the 12th is just the announcement of when the new iPhones will be released.

Plenty of Rumours on details such as how many new models, the price, the capacity & features, which ones will have OLED vs LED, ....

I'm in the market for a replacement phone, so I will be watching with interest :smile:

I'm watching it too, not to buy the iPhone 8 or the "X"...etc, to see how much the previous iPhone prices will be reduced... maybe buying a previous model iPhone 7 plus or 6 plus..if the price is right..looking at a 128gb model..

My old iPhone 4s...gave up it's ghost, a long time ago, I am using a Samsung cheap phone...that is good enough to use the internet, make calls / receive, text & whatsapp.....the phone has no other apps , other than VLC & one more...I don't trust Android , so the phone has no banking or on line shopping apps...

The event will streamed today at 1am September 13, 2017..Singapore time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm watching it too, not to buy the iPhone 8 or the "X"...etc, to see how much the previous iPhone prices will be reduced... maybe buying a previous model iPhone 7 plus or 6 plus..if the price is right..looking at a 128gb model..

My old iPhone 4s...gave up it's ghost, a long time ago, I am using a Samsung cheap phone...that is good enough to use the internet, make calls / receive, text & whatsapp.....the phone has no other apps , other than VLC & one more...I don't trust Android , so the phone has no banking or on line shopping apps...

The event will streamed today at 1am September 13, 2017..Singapore time.

normally it starts at 10am pacific. this time at new apple campus it will be 11am pacific sep-12.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm watching it too, not to buy the iPhone 8 or the "X"...etc, to see how much the previous iPhone prices will be reduced... maybe buying a previous model iPhone 7 plus or 6 plus..if the price is right..looking at a 128gb model.......

I've considered buying a used iPhone but decided against it because the used battery is the component most likely to weaken or fail. I also use all my Apple products until they fail.

So will be looking at a new iPhone & also will be getting a 27" iMac . I find myself watching movies via the computer so the nice iMac screen will not be wasted.

It's also time to spend some of the Apple dividends :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apple is renaming their marque stores as "apple town halls". all glass. mucho caliente in summer. be prepared to sweat like a pig.

IMG_0162.JPG

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in summary, the iphone x represents the 10th anniversary of the iphone, pronounced 10 (roman numeral) not x. cums with faceid. stare at screen and swipe with (middle) finger. iphone 8 and 8 plus don't cum with faceid (still use touchid), but has similar edge to edge display. all glass and microscopically sealed for water resistance. better camera on all 3 of course. a11 chip. apple watch has lte chip for direct cellular access. don't need to tether to iphone anymore. all new devices have wireless charging called airpower via a charging pad that is plugged in. traffic not too bad this morning. ample parking. huge i mean yuge campus.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's a tour of the "apple park" and you can walk your dog with a pass. need to carry litter bags though and clean up after your pets. no free lunch at the cafeteria. all employees must pay with cash card, including the cook. looks like williams is the heir apparent. as thin as cook and jobs. all wear black shirts and blue jeans. only ive has put on some weight.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's a tour of the "apple park" and you can walk your dog with a pass. need to carry litter bags though and clean up after your pets. no free lunch at the cafeteria. all employees must pay with cash card, including the cook. looks like williams is the heir apparent. as thin as cook and jobs. all wear black shirts and blue jeans. only ive has put on some weight.

The old Apple HQ used to be popular with Japanese tour groups who would visit the Apple Store there.

Do they still have an Apple Store in the new building?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old Apple HQ used to be popular with Japanese tour groups who would visit the Apple Store there.

Do they still have an Apple Store in the new building?

the original apple campus store remains at infinity loop. when it was first opened it didn't sell devices, just accessories and gifts. now it's a full fledge store. the store in the new campus is work in progress and quite spectacular. there's also a visitor center where the store will be. 9000 trees and counting, but plants not full grown yet.

IMG_0163.JPG

Last edited: