• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Something happened 10 years ago which ..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. It's was first and last organised protest organised by anonymous unknowns. It brought out the Police including plainsclothes as well as the No.2 of Tanglin Police.

The foreign press also covered it.

Yes. I know some have dismissed the black shirt movement as a farce but its significance on our generation's political awakening can't be denied

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End up what?

nothing on that day :p

no arrests, no incidents

But the call to show up in black T shirt soon spread to other forums and there was even a police warning issued against it

I remember rules regarding the use of the speakers' corner was also liberalised soon after that. And many have tried to replicate it (namely transitioning.org).

Have to bear in mind that the political climate 10 years ago was still very muted by fear. I would like to think we have made some progress since then.........

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
nothing on that day :p

no arrests, no incidents

But the call to show up in black T shirt soon spread to other forums and there was even a police warning issued against it

I remember rules regarding the use of the speakers' corner was also liberalised soon after that. And many have tried to replicate it (namely transitioning.org).

Have to bear in mind that the political climate 10 years ago was still very muted by fear. I would like to think we have made some progress since then.........

Wow time flies and it's been 10 years

But then nothing really transcend from it except for some psychopath like Amos and Royston

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A couple of monologues stirred into action from Thinkall, others merely rallied around him :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The Thinkall character came out of noway and started off posting questions about the CPF and other relevant topics. Then one day he called for a "turn out". Another forummer Insurance01 was initially supportive of this.. then suddenly turned on Thinkall, calling him a coward and instigator. Scary to see how deeply embedded these IBs are

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ScreenShot2017-09-07at9.13.42PM.png

http://singaporeelection.blogspot.sg/2007/09/black-centrepoint-great-success.html

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was an interesting experiment and experience. No one knew who was who except for the F4 and SDP plus GMS. There was quite a buildup and excitement in the forum as the days drew near. Circa 2006 is probably when the Forum was at it best and there was a lot of momentum on discussing Singapore politics and in some small way it led to GE2011.

In a funny it was like a blind date when you turn early to see how the other party looks like.

There was also one character in the forum who threatened to "crack heads" and was constantly harassing Thinkall. By the way according to the Tales from Istana, both Old Man and Nathan attended sporting disguise and bandanas as it was only short walk from their residence.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks guys for indulging me. I will never forget the date of the gathering 8 Sept 2007.. or 9.8.07.. as if signifying a countdown to something big

I hope the timer is still ticking

To all anonymous bros here who have witnessed the political progress this country has made over the past 10 years, I say it's been a pleasure sharing this ride with you guys.

To Thinkall who had started the original black t shirt experiment... Thank you for that moment of madness.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys for indulging me. I will never forget the date of the gathering 8 Sept 2007.. or 9.8.07.. as if signifying a countdown to something big

I hope the timer is still ticking

To all anonymous bros here who have witnessed the political progress this country has made over the past 10 years, I say it's been a pleasure sharing this ride with you guys.

To Thinkall who had started the original black t shirt experiment... Thank you for that moment of madness.

You finally decide to move out of sg for good?