• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TCJ Says

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCJ says:

"Will do my best. And more."

Sure or not, Chuan Jin? Can you really "do your best and more"? Please dont promise what you cant deliver!

"And more" refers to overtime pay.

"And more" is a message to his boss that if his best wasn't enough in the past, he would do more to get back into his good books.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely spot on!

i hope TCJ will say : " Bring Back The Command House ...":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://joyloh.com/blog/?p=6355

ubs-command-house-e1473498629949.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister for Social and Family Development Tan Chuan-Jin will be the Speaker of Parliament with effect from next Monday (11 September).

Tan, 48, who will step down from his ministerial post, was nominated for the role by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. Previous Speaker Halimah Yacob resigned from her political and party posts on 7 August to contest in the upcoming Presidential Election this month. A Speaker of Parliament cannot be elected from members who are office holders.

Lee said it was “not easy” to find a replacement for Halimah, but added that Tan had the “temperament and personality for this role”. In a post on his Facebook page on Tuesday (5 September), Lee wrote, “I first discussed this with Chuan-Jin after Mdm Halimah Yacob told me she was resigning to run for President…While Chuan-Jin stood out as the best choice, it was a very difficult decision to nominate him, as it meant losing an effective activist at MSF (Ministry for Social and Family Development) Singapore.”

Tan also commented on his new role in a post on his Facebook page on the same day. He paid tribute to past Speakers including E.W Barker, Tan Soo Khoon and Halimah, saying that they have served to the best of their ability and in their own unique ways.

“Good ideas can come from both sides of the House, as does good intent. In fact they abound throughout the length and breadth of our society. Our duty must be to harness these for the common good – so as to put them to the service of fellow Singaporeans, and to build a better society. I look forward to doing this as effectively as I can,” said Tan, who is MP for Marine Parade GRC.

Desmond Lee will take over Tan’s ministerial role at MSF and will continue as Second Minister in the Ministry of National Development. He will relinquish his appointments in the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Prime Minister’s Office.

Meanwhile, Josephine Teo will be appointed Second Minister in the Ministry of Home Affairs. She will continue as Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister in the Ministry of Manpower, and relinquish her appointment in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

All changes will take effect next Monday when Parliament sits.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe what he is saying is that I will do my best in the job as speaker but I can and will do more than the speaker job. He has to say it this way because he used to be a full minister but now he is relegated to the speaker of Parliament which is a lesser role.
That's just being politically polite.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe what he is saying is that I will do my best in the job as speaker but I can and will do more than the speaker job. He has to say it this way because he used to be a full minister but now he is relegated to the speaker of Parliament which is a lesser role.
That's just being politically polite.

[video=youtube_share;qKUIhnPvm2g]https://youtu.be/qKUIhnPvm2g[/video]

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Another kena brainwashed by national day songs as a child.

Count on me Singapore

We have a vision for tomorrow, just believe, just believe
We have a goal for Singapore, we can achieve, we can achieve
You and me, we'll do our part, stand together, heart to heart
We're going to show the world what Singapore can be
We can achieve, we can achieve

There is something down the road that we can strive for
We are told no dream's too bold that we can't try for
There's a spirit in the air, it's a feeling we all share
We're going to build a better life, for you and me

Count on me Singapore, count on me to give my best and more
You and me, we'll do our part, stand together, heart to heart
We're going to show the world what Singapore can be

Chorus:
Count on me Singapore, Count on me Singapore
Count on me to give my best and more, count on me Singapore

( Repeat Chorus )

Together Singapore Singapore ( X 2 )

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can u do your best when u are used to doing your worst?

We should be thankful , do we get him now, besterest, fasterest & the cheapest?...or his salary, will be the same as last appointment with all the allowances plus the current one with allowances?

It may be a demotion in title...but the tax payers I am sure are suckered to pay the same for more...that is why he is doing his best?...His best to make more money....the 70% are sure suckers!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should be thankful , do we get him now, besterest, fasterest & the cheapest?...or his salary, will be the same as last appointment with all the allowances plus the current one with allowances?

It may be a demotion in title...but the tax payers I am sure are suckered to pay the same for more...that is why he is doing his best?...His best to make more money....the 70% are sure suckers!

Perhaps what TCJ was trying to say: "I will do my best and try to make more money".

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps what TCJ was trying to say: "I will do my best and try to make more money".

Nobody really ask the question, as usual, " Is he getting lesser pay as a speaker of parliament or getting the same salary as previously"?? He is still smiling, no brainer to see through the facade on this right?....you dock the salary & demote anybody...even they remain, you can be sure that, productivity will drop by 99% & you can be sure, that the person demoted, who plot for a resignation in the future & had already started looking for another job..

Is this BG so loyal ?.....

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCJ is following up on LKY's "what's wrong with collecting more money?"

just in :

SINGAPORE - Minister for Social and Family Development Tan Chuan-Jin has urged the public not to read too much into one of the Facebook posts he made shortly after Tuesday's (Sept 5) announcement that he had been nominated as the new Speaker of Parliament.

In the personal post, Mr Tan had written: "May God continue to grant me wisdom, courage and love in all that I do. However inadequate as I may be, I hope that I can fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the faith.

"And of course. My family. Words cannot express how much your continued love and support mean to me in carrying out my duties and responsibilities