• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Grab Offers $50 Taxi Rental If Cabbies Defect From Comfort! Uber Is Fucked!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Ride-hailing company Grab has announced what it calls "huge rental discounts" in an aggressive bid to woo cab drivers from Singapore's largest taxi company, ComfortDelGro.

Grab confirmed a text message was sent out to all Comfort cabbies on Sunday (Sep 3), spelling out deals if they sign up by Sep 15.

The incentives include a S$50 rental discount per day if drivers were to switch to any of its taxi partners - TransCab, Prime, SMRT or Premier.

A rental discount of S$1,688 per month is also being offered, if Comfort cab drivers switch to a private hire car rented from Grab and if they can complete at least 20 trips a week.
The discounted rental rates for both schemes apply for six months.

RENTAL ATTRACTIVE, BUT OTHER FACTORS AT PLAY: COMFORT CABBIES

Channel NewsAsia understands at least 50 cabbies visited a Grab roadshow that was being held at the Prime office branch in Loyang, located directly next to one of ComfortDelGro’s offices.

One Comfort taxi driver, who wanted to be known only as Mr Tay, said he was at the event to find out more about the offer.

The 53-year-old said Grab's offer was attractive, as the rental discount is about half of the S$110 he currently pays for Comfort's taxi rental every day. But he noted there are other factors to consider. "Like (the type of vehicle) maintenance they provide, the service and the response. In terms of breakdown, how fast can they (fix it)," said Mr Tay.

Other drivers agreed, with some pointing to the perks that Comfort has also offered them in recent times.

“We have a fair deal of people flagging on the road and people still need cabs, rather than a private car,” said Mr Sultan Mohd, who has been driving with Comfort for the last four years.

“So far, Comfort has given me a good deal and been helping us a lot, so I think I will stick to it. For example, we have our road tax rebates, rental rebates and you have incentives every month now.”
POTENTAL UBER-COMFORT TIE-UP?

Grab’s move comes just weeks after Comfort announced that it is in talks with Grab's competitor – Uber, over a "potential strategic alliance".

And Grab’s strategy could be seen as a direct response to this, said Dr Lee Der Horng, a transport expert from the National University of Singapore.

“I won’t be surprised that there will be a lot of taxi drivers who would be attracted to this particular offer. As we know, taxi drivers are usually quite sensitive to a few things. Number one is their daily rental,” said Dr Lee.

“So, if someone is able to subsidise their daily rental and also at the same time, the dispatching system from the other side is still able to feed the taxi drivers with a sufficient number of jobs, I think the taxi drivers will be persuaded to switch over.”

Currently, Grab has partnerships with all taxi operators in Singapore except for Comfort.

It also recently received an investment from Toyota Motor Corp.

“The taxi idle rate is a universal phenomenon for all taxi companies in Singapore. So all taxi companies, their operations and management, are all having a headache (on) how to reduce taxi idle rate,” said Dr Lee.

“So with this new wave of competition triggered by Grab, other companies working with Grab ... will be benefiting directly," he added.

Uber has also been introducing promotions in a bid to get drivers to sign up with them.

Some taxi drivers received a text message from Uber on Monday, highlighting an ongoing promotion, which began on Aug 28.

uber-text-message-taxi-drivers.jpg

The text said that Uber was offering rental rates of S$45 per day for drivers who rent a new car from Lion City Rentals.

In response to Channel NewsAsia’s queries, Uber said the promotion applies to all who are keen to drive with them.

“We would like to clarify that this is not in response to our competitor's recent promotion,” its spokesperson added.

ComfortDelGro did not respond to Channel NewsAsia’s request for comment on the latest developments.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...o-woo-taxi-drivers-from-comfortdelgro-9184980

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
These cab drivers need to use their brains. Comfort as a brand is worth how much? If I am a passenger, will I refuse to flag an available cab just because it doesn't belong to Comfort?

No right?!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one takes DUA KANG YAO SIU to the max.... earn $25k a month. Tell your children don't study so hard, go and be Grab drivers.

grab-main.jpg