• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Last Days of Singapore’s First Maids

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.43.17PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.43.32PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.43.42PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.43.55PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.44.07PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.44.15PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.44.25PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.44.35PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.44.46PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.45.00PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.45.09PM.png

ScreenShot2017-09-04at9.45.18PM.png

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Ah Yi lady (中国华侨人) shd not be maid but live a quality lifestyle like British Empire angmoh mothers. We Chinese man are capable of doing biz and find good clean money to take care of our girls.

Under Chinese Lky we having a good quality life style here in Singapore. A Drug free country? Give credit to LKY for fucking the pommies British Empire kick these bastards out and sent them back home.

And angmoh dont come back to claim glory for building Singapore, w drug money. Fuck off from Asia. Asia belong to Chinese.

Angmoh pomnies as governor of Singapore turned monoploy opium drug trafficker and dealer in Singapore targeting mainly Chinese community for drug money.

This Ah Yi auntie shd not deserved this humilation be maids for angmoh bastards.

We are descendants of this ah Yi and need to 报仇 angmoh for what they did to us 中国华侨人.

仇是要报。is in our chinese blood.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. Did not know they are still around. I do recall the Samsui women for the construction sector with their distinct uniform and red headdress also were cantonese and stayed in the Banda Street vicinity. Used to see them go to work. What a sacrifice, life of celibacy, no family of their own but supporting other back home.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for sharing. Did not know they are still around. I do recall the Samsui women for the construction sector with their distinct uniform and red headdress also were cantonese and stayed in the Banda Street vicinity. Used to see them go to work. What a sacrifice, life of celibacy, no family of their own but supporting other back home.

When young, I grew up with these Ah Ma Chia around me, for most homes in the neighbourhood have one. We had one that used to work for the family, became too bossy, was 'told to go'..& not an easy task. My late mother used to be a member of a clan association that look after these , 'spinsters', & 'bachelors' ( single men), I used to follow & pay visits to their tiny cubicles in Chinatown, visiting Opium dens, gambling houses etc.. The Association looked after these people, who had no family here, the ah mah chia's, the sam sui por, the bachelor workers, help pay for the hospitalisation when they are ill & their burial & costs when they die. I used to visit Kwong Wai Shui Hospital to see these people who were warded there, with my late mother. There were only enclaves we use to go, like Redhill, Henderson, Rumah Tinggi, Bukit Ho Swee...

These people are very independent, hardy & damn strong in spite they look old & fragile, won't take charity unless it is beyond their endurance...in Cantonese, we say " yau guat hei" also Backbone. They smoke, they drink, they gamble...the samsui, the ah mah chia...they can cursed even a sailor will blush...& very religious. These people are one of a kind...:wink:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
During those period who was the governor of Singapore?

A drug trafficker race from the Far West island where tbeir women boobs were as large as cow neh neh..

These are fuckers need to be humilate in Asia to shame their criminals past.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing Bro. I grew up in Chinatown vicinity and spent my childhood walking the lanes and alleys including the Sago Lane funeral parlors. Lots of memories. Used to think about these people and their interesting work that they do and the sacrifice they made. They help build modern Singapore.

Looks like you were in the thick of things.

I do recall that contractors continue to hire the Sam Sui Por out of loyalty and compassion when they had already acquired excavators and other machinery.

When young, I grew up with these Ah Ma Chia around me, for most homes in the neighbourhood have one. We had one that used to work for the family, became too bossy, was 'told to go'..& not an easy task. My late mother used to be a member of a clan association that look after these , 'spinsters', & 'bachelors' ( single men), I used to follow & pay visits to their tiny cubicles in Chinatown, visiting Opium dens, gambling houses etc.. The Association looked after these people, who had no family here, the ah mah chia's, the sam sui por, the bachelor workers, help pay for the hospitalisation when they are ill & their burial & costs when they die. I used to visit Kwong Wai Shui Hospital to see these people who were warded there, with my late mother. There were only enclaves we use to go, like Redhill, Henderson, Rumah Tinggi, Bukit Ho Swee...

These people are very independent, hardy & damn strong in spite they look old & fragile, won't take charity unless it is beyond their endurance...in Cantonese, we say " yau guat hei" also Backbone. They smoke, they drink, they gamble...the samsui, the ah mah chia...they can cursed even a sailor will blush...& very religious. These people are one of a kind...:wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for sharing Bro. I grew up in Chinatown vicinity and spent my childhood walking the lanes and alleys including the Sago Lane funeral parlors. Lots of memories. Used to think about these people and their interesting work that they do and the sacrifice they made. They help build modern Singapore.

Looks like you were in the thick of things.

I do recall that contractors continue to hire the Sam Sui Por out of loyalty and compassion when they had already acquired excavators and other machinery.

The stairs leading up to the cubicles were dark, made of wood & steep...it makes you wonder how agile these people were. If you were to ask me, to climb those stairs now....I will pant.

The sam sui por were women...they carry bricks, sand, stones, etc in those basket slung across their shoulders by a wooden stick....these women help build Singapore...our houses, flats...especially SIT, then HDB.

So were the Ah Mah chia's.....& my late mother, belong to a group of 'sisters', that dressed in Blue Samfoo & dark pants...their job is to cry at funerals....it was a paid job...:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember a drainage work in front of my old house. The Indian labourers would use changkul to dig and the Samsui woman would carry the soil away in those baskets with the pole.

I have been in the cubicles as well. I also recall how neat and tidy they were.

The stairs leading up to the cubicles were dark, made of wood & steep...it makes you wonder how agile these people were. If you were to ask me, to climb those stairs now....I will pant.

The sam sui por were women...they carry bricks, sand, stones, etc in those basket slung across their shoulders by a wooden stick....these women help build Singapore...our houses, flats...especially SIT, then HDB.

So were the Ah Mah chia's.....& my late mother, belong to a group of 'sisters', that dressed in Blue Samfoo & dark pants...their job is to cry at funerals....it was a paid job...:biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come to think of it, it's heartening to note that they're not that 'forgotten", as some of us with secondary schoolkids will know that as part of their cca / community engagement programme, parents were encouraged to purchase canned food, bisquits, milo etc for the kids to visit and entertain them at this kreta ayer senior activity centre. they're real hardy folk and prefer to living (however measly) on their own, not in an old folks home. bless their souls!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish they run such stories on a periodic intervals to make the younger generation aware. Instead we get stories about Sumiko Tan's husband's ex wife.

These people were the salt of the earth. Paid their dues more than any PAP MP.