• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lying PAP supporter, NS trained but no sense of time, retract JB accident lies

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Friend of Singapore accident victim admits 'possible miscommunication'[/h]
PETALING JAYA - A friend of the Singaporean who died in the Aug 29 hit-and-run accident in Johor Baru clarified what happened during the five hours Justinian Tan was critically warded at Sultanah Aminah Hospital.
Joshua De Rozario said there could have been "miscommunication" with the hospital staff who were speaking in Malay and "we had difficulties communicating.

While maintaining that "it did feel like 30 minutes" for the ambulance to arrive at the accident scene, De Rozario said a lot of things were going on after the accident happened in Taman Abad in Johor Baru.
"There were quite a lot of people there and someone else called the ambulance.

"A lot of things were going on at once, so the wait for help to come felt really long then. I thought it took 30 minutes but their logs said differently," De Rozario told The Straits Times.

"We were in a distressed situation and didn't know what to do. In that situation, I didn't have a sense of the time and it did feel like 30 minutes.
"When we got to the hospital, they started treating him straightaway but they were speaking Malay and we were speaking English and we had difficulties communicating.

"At that point of time, what I heard was that we had to pay and in cash - it couldn't be in card. We didn't have a large sum of money on us and we had to run around finding an ATM. From our point of view then, it felt like we had to pay first," De Rosario said.
De Rosario and Tan, 24, were in Johor Baru with three other friends for supper when Tan, a private accounting student, was hit by a car.
He sustained severe injuries and was sent to the Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Baru.
He was there for about five hours before his family members arrived and opted to discharge him at own risk and arranged admission to the Singapore General Hospital, after understanding the risk involved in further delaying surgery.
Tan died at about 12.30am on Aug 30 at the Singapore General Hospital, when he was taken off life support.
The Malaysian authorities had came under fire after the episode was reported by several Singapore media outlets including theindependent.sg that the ambulance from HSA took 30 minutes to arrive at the scene.
After the accident De Rozario had complained of the ordeal to Singapore media, alleging that the ambulance took a long time to arrive at the accident scene.

De Rozario claimed that upon reaching the hospital, they were asked to pay RM1,350 (S$429) each before its staff could start giving them treatment.
However, when contacted by The Straits Times later, he said "nothing was really communicated properly so it could have been a miscommunication."
"We didn't even know where he was at the time, but after we paid they told us to go to the red zone.
"Truth be told, I don't know and I can't comment on whether the hospital did all they could. I'm not medically trained and we had communication problems because we did not speak much Malay. So we thought it was better to bring him back. Perhaps there were things lost in translation."
He added: "We contacted the media in hopes that the guy who hit him will be found and made responsible.
"We also realised that in Malaysia we didn't know what to do. Other people had to give us the embassy number and helped us in that situation. I'm saying all this not to attack the system there because I understand they operate differently and we might not have the privileges that we do in our own country.
"By speaking to the media, I want to make Singaporeans aware of the need to know emergency numbers, for example. So many of us go to JB just for supper or shopping and we don't realise we don't actually know what to do when something happens there. That's the point we want to convey.
"It's not about wanting to get revenge, because that is not going to bring Justinian back. We want to close it and move on."
Health Ministry director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah on Friday denied there was delay or any demand of payment before Tan was treated

From ambulance service records, Dr Noor Hisham said the emergency call was made at 2.57am on Aug 25 and the ambulance left two minutes later and arrived at the scene at 3.10am, before leaving with the patient at 3.15am.
Dr Noor Hisham said Tan was admitted to the Red Zone upon arrival at the Emergency Department and Advanced Trauma Life Support protocol, which was already initiated by the ambulance team earlier.
The Emergency Department team, he said, also initiated the necessary imaging (primary survey X-rays, CT-scan of brain, cervical and thorax) treatment (including intubation).
The case was referred to the relevant team in a very timely and professional manner, without asking for any deposit since this was an emergency case, he said.
In view of the injury to his brain, Dr Noor Hisham said Tan was referred to the neurosurgery team and urgent decompressive craniectomy plus removal of clot and intracranial pressure monitoring were planned without demand for any deposit payment.
Subsequently, Tan's family members arrived and were requested to make a deposit as per protocol for foreign patients.
"It is important to note that the emergency imaging and treatments required were not withheld or delayed," said Dr Noor Hisham.
Johor Health, Environment, Education and Information Committee chairman Datuk Ayub Rahmat said the state government wants the Health Ministry to consider legal action against those responsible for the article.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The idiot friend is named De rosario, so is a grago. U mean he never took Malay as second language in school? Now he say he cannot speak or understand malay? sure or not?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PETALING JAYA - A friend of the Singaporean who died in the Aug 29 hit-and-run accident in Johor Baru clarified what happened during the five hours Justinian Tan was critically warded at Sultanah Aminah Hospital.
Joshua De Rozario said there could have been "miscommunication" with the hospital staff who were speaking in Malay and "we had difficulties communicating.

How could the hospital staff not know how to speak english? The m&ds do learn english in school even if they use m&d to teach most of their other subjects.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How could the hospital staff not know how to speak english? The m&ds do learn english in school even if they use m&d to teach most of their other subjects.

How can a grago not learn how to speak malay? Don't tell me this clown took mandarin in school, or tamil?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you go to another country...do not expect the country to come to you too.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When in Rome, do as Romans do. I can assure you that if you ever got admitted to hospital in a first world city like Paris, the staff would be communicating with you in French and, at most, pidgin English.

Besides, Malay is our national language, which has been the lingua franca in this region for centuries. And most Eurasians I know take Malay as a 2nd language, though a very small number with Chinese mothers might take Chinese.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Malay is the National Language of Singapore. I'm surprised there are some who can't speak the lingo.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you expect the same standards for services that you get in Singapore...then do not leave the country.

Yet you want to cross the causeway for cheaper food but not willing to compromise on other things.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
how could the FAP and braddel brothel issued fake news which they were so vehemently against. surely JB must sue if this is untrue.

where is the FAP's ambassador to mysia?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The idiot friend is named De rosario, so is a grago. U mean he never took Malay as second language in school? Now he say he cannot speak or understand malay? sure or not?

If you are talking about say 25 years ago the latest...I will say, "sure he doesn't understand Malay"...nowadays, Indians, Malays, "grago" study CHINESE..like it is some IMPORTANT LANGUAGE..for they had been brainwashed by the whities. They forget, we live a huge sea of Malay / Indonesians speaking people whose proximity is 1 hr away by land, sea or air.

I have come across Tamil , talking to their grandma in English or Malay, but grandma talking to their mother or father in Tamil or Malayaam. Even the Malays these days...many speak English to their parents or some, learn Mandarin.

My point is, our government is self denying that we still need to learn Malay...I come, from the era, where many of us are multi dialects speaking, tri-lingual, or bilingual...as in Malay/English, Mandarin/English, Mandarin/Malay....or mostly multi dialects / trilingual as in Malay ( second language, or pasar Malay), Mandarin ( Second Language) & English. My time, we were taught Malay as a non exam subject ( it was later removed by MOE) in addition to our Second Language which was Chinese, if yours was Malay, you do not have to take the non exams Malay Subjects. After school days I took a single Certificate in Malay at that time ran by MOE...& passed. So, I am multi-dialects, trilingual...is some measure. As for Malay...a bit in formal language as in drafting simple letters, understand some documents..speak...Pasar Malay at best..

It is not surprise that drago do not understand Malay...if he knows Mandarin I am nit surprised....

This incident highlight the need to know some Malay or even Bahasa Indonesian.....Travelling around, I know a smattering of Tagalog, Thai, limited Vietnamese, try to lean Myanmese...some Tamil, Hindi, Punjabi, Bangali...for I need to deal with these people...in addition, Malay, a simple understanding of Bahasa Indonesia...

The world does not revolve round....CHINESE & MANDARIN...you cross North...it is Melayu...you don't understand..that is a big problem...the problem now is...one has died.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay is our "national" language...if no one can speak or understand it, I would suggest we use another one.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When in Rome, do as Romans do. I can assure you that if you ever got admitted to hospital in a first world city like Paris, the staff would be communicating with you in French and, at most, pidgin English.

Besides, Malay is our national language, which has been the lingua franca in this region for centuries. And most Eurasians I know take Malay as a 2nd language, though a very small number with Chinese mothers might take Chinese.
Yup, we are surrounded by 292 million malay or malay derivative speakers (Indons and Malaysia). But old fart decided that everyone should learn chinese as the most important 2nd language. Having learn chinese, we are punished for it now. Masses of chinese come to zikapore because they perceive we are another province of China.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell lies and now trying to blame Malay language for miscommunications.
Johore hospital did told them it is dangerous to move the patient but they look down on the m&d doctors and disregard their advice.
Bloody typical sinkies.
The decent thing to do now is to openly apologise to the Malaysian.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup, we are surrounded by 292 million malay or malay derivative speakers (Indons and Malaysia). But old fart decided that everyone should learn chinese as the most important 2nd language. Having learn chinese, we are punished for it now. Masses of chinese come to zikapore because they perceive we are another province of China.

Like the traitors that let in the Japanese, or whatever Barbarians into China...we have our own "traitors" who open the doors for the PRC who flooded in..for them 'traitors' not so far back in 1976..still considered the same, COMMUNISTS which was a threat..all for, the familiar Chines DNA...MONEY.

In the 70s', we have our ROC friends, many came here wanting to settle down, but they found this place, not to their liking , they went elsewhere & then 1997, we "welcomed" the Hong Kong "refugees" that "escaped" One Country, Two Systems...they came, they saw they went Canada, Australia, USA etc..

But, for money, our communists enemies, became our COMRADES...now, we wax lyrical over them...& WELCOME THEM...for the MONEY!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johore hospital did told them it is dangerous to move the patient but they look down on the m&d doctors and disregard their advice.
Bloody typical sinkies.

The one thing that has not been cleared up by the witnesses is the situation that led to the accident. The survival claimed that they were not standing in the middle of the road, but how far away were they from the middle of the road?

You know if you have to get into a car parked along the roadside, and from the driver's side, then you should really be looking out for vehicles, and do it fast too. It's 3 am in the morning, and it's not difficult to spot a car coming. Or did they quarrel with some jiuhu kias during the lok lok meals and made noises because they were a bigger group ?

What is clear is the survival is trying to deflect the attention to m&d hospital, and keeping something from the family of the deceased.

jw5

Loyal
As usual, silly sinkies have inflated opinion of themselves. You can only blame their father(s). :biggrin:

Bloody typical sinkies.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

m&ds of non elite background seriously and absolutely do not know how to speak and understand english. Only m&ds with parents of foresights speaks and understand english. Period!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

People here keeps defending these clowns. Come on la, u didn't go to a wet market in Malaysia, u went to a damn hospital. These clowns in the hospital can't even speak basic English? And they are still proud? Proud of what?