• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who's boycotting the Presidential Election?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll explain to you why your reasoning is flawed, something which the all guys here missed:

Your arguments are predicated on the fact that Halimah will win, no matter what, especially in a 3-way fight. So no point voting; just boycott.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT.

The point is:
Even if Halimah wins (I actually believe she is very likely to, given that 70% of Sinkies are numbskulls), we should aim to minimize her % vote as a stinging rebuttal to the govt and a strong message to the international community about our wayang EP.

And the way to minimize her vote is to vote for the non-PAP endorsed candidate(s). Any spoilt or absentee vote will increase her % vote, not decrease it.

Tony Tan squeaked home with 35% in 2011 in a 4-way fight, making him a 'lame-duck' president. It was a disgrace for the PAP, and it showed the world that 65% of the people did not support the elected prez. It made a mockery of the whole system. Why do you think the PAP jumped through all kinds of inane hoops to rig TCB out of this election by coming out with this silly concept of a 'reserved' presidency and miscounting the number of elected prez terms?

As I said in another post, the only time when I'd consider spoiling my vote is when two PAP-endorsed candidates are contesting each other.

As it stands, it looks like a walkover this time around.

Message: Win or lose, minimize Halimah's vote by voting the other guy.

PAP do not care even if Halimah win by 0.0001% of the vote. As long as she wins, that is what matters to PAP only, it's their agenda and it is being fullfilled. (This presidential election has been rigged in this manner)

By showing your anger and make the best of your opposed vote and all the emotional drama that comes with it, in the end PAP still wins. What is the point? So you are going to lay the foundation for future election and people will be wiser in the future for a win? How many elections and years to come are needed to lay that foundation? PAP can lay their even stronger foundation too, don't forget that! ( This time they opt out Tan Cheng Bock cunningly)

If the majority of the voters boycott it, it will surely sent a strong message to the PAP that people do not want the president and the election set up. However, it only works when the majority (be united) do it.

Or the majority of the voters voted for one (out of 3) against Halimah and be united and firm about it, then it works. Other than that, whatever attempts are useless and futile.

Only a united and unified opposition and people can go against the PAP nonsense. Nothing else works. The only strong message that i see it is to WIN IT, not about doing petty stuffs and still lose it.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the title of your thread. You probably thought that you found the ultimate solution to hurt the PAP but not realising it actually helps them. You made a mistake but find it difficult to admit.

So you go thru this circular argument of this being your decision hoping to convince yourself that you are still right.

Then you state in one of your post that have done the mathematics but when asked you cannot show it.

It reminds me of Khaw, lots of hot air, skewed statistics, assurances that everything is right only to repeatedly blow up on his face.

PAP do not care even if Halimah win by 0.0001% of the vote. As long as she wins, that is what matters to PAP only, it's their agenda and it is being fullfilled. (This presidential election has been rigged in this manner)

By showing your anger and make the best of your opposed vote and all the emotional drama that comes with it, in the end PAP still wins. What is the point? So you are going to lay the foundation for future election and people will be wiser in the future for a win? How many elections and years to come are needed to lay that foundation? PAP can lay their even stronger foundation too, don't forget that! ( This time they opt out Tan Cheng Bock cunningly)

If the majority of the voters boycott it, it will surely sent a strong message to the PAP that people do not want the president and the election set up. But only when the majority (be united) do it.

Or the majority of the voters voted for one (out of 3) against Halimah and be united and firm about it, then it works. Other than that, whatever attempts are useless and futile.

Only a united and unified opposition and people can go against the PAP nonsense. Nothing else works.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are resigned to the fact that she will be President. They are more interested in the other 2 candidates and how the decisions are made.

Terry Xu of TOC interestingly points out that the government machinery is rather quiet in preparing for the polls similar to Nathan's case and quite opposite to the 4 Tans EP. Teachers have not been notified etc .

Her s$5k per day salary starts next wed 13 sept ? If only one candidate qualify.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are resigned to the fact that she will be President. They are more interested in the other 2 candidates and how the decisions are made.

Terry Xu of TOC interestingly points out that the government machinery is rather quiet in preparing for the polls similar to Nathan's case and quite opposite to the 4 Tans EP. Teachers have not been notified etc .

What PE. Only one candidate how to have PE. ???

Ownself vote ownself ahh ???

Therefore nothing to boycott in the first place.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually many sinkies are very conceited. They are always right. Lots of talk no substance.

You can argue that people like Khaw DO ABSOLUTELY represent Singaporeans!

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why no one listen to K C address her as mdm Pres ??? K c already declare it months ago .:biggrin:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the title of your thread. You probably thought that you found the ultimate solution to hurt the PAP but not realising it actually helps them. You made a mistake but find it difficult to admit.

So you go thru this circular argument of this being your decision hoping to convince yourself that you are still right.

Then you state in one of your post that have done the mathematics but when asked you cannot show it.

It reminds me of Khaw, lots of hot air, skewed statistics, assurances that everything is right only to repeatedly blow up on his face.

It is not my issue when you misunderstood my statement or thread title.

I have mentioned earlier that I am looking for like-minded individuals who are also boycotting the election and have a decent discussion about it.

I am not here to convince others to boycott the election. I say again, I believe people can make their own decision. I also share my view on why I AM boycotting it.

And I strongly saying it again that I don't suffer from any forms of inferiority complex and don't need to convince others to do what I do in order to feel good about it. I don't trouble others unnecessarily and fully respect their decision.

For the simple math, pls refer to the link on post#118. The divide and reduce equation.

Last edited:

creampie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not my issue when you misunderstood my statement or thread title.

I have mentioned earlier that I am looking for like-minded individuals who are also boycotting the election and have a decent discussion about it.

I am not here to convince others to boycott the election. I say again, I believe people can make their own decision. I also share my view on why I AM boycotting it.

And I strongly saying it again that I don't suffer from any forms of inferiority complex and don't need to convince others to do what I do so I feel good about it. I don't trouble others unnecessarily and fully respect their decision.

Lol Lol Lol you belong in fuckwarezone. no point flogging a dead horse

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the majority of the voters boycott it, it will surely sent a strong message to the PAP that people do not want the president and the election set up.

There are many ways to send messages to the white scumbags.
Yours is one but it comes with a risk as illustrated mathematically in earlier post by Scroobal.

"If the majority of the voters boycott it" wouldn't it be better if all the voters boycott it?

C'mon rect, If...if..ifififif..... if only Fatty send a H bomb here.

Does it ever occurred to you how KFC felt when he was installed with the lowest vote on Earth?
Not only a strong magnitude was felt all over the world he was invited to enter The Guinness Book of Records as well.

Too many messages had been sent. It is well known this Pre Erection is rigged and there is only one thing left we can do. Make this Mama feel the same as KFC.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many ways to send messages to the white scumbags.
Yours is one but it comes with a risk as illustrated mathematically in earlier post by Scroobal.

"If the majority of the voters boycott it" wouldn't it be better if all the voters boycott it?

C'mon rect, If...if..ifififif..... if only Fatty send a H bomb here.

Does it ever occurred to you how KFC felt when he was installed with the lowest vote on Earth?
Not only a strong magnitude was felt all over the world he was invited to enter The Guinness Book of Records as well.

Too many messages had been sent. It is well known this Pre Erection is rigged and there is only one thing left we can do. Make this Mama feel the same as KFC.

If u wanna go and vote and create all sort of emotional drama and feel, then pls go ahead. Nobody is stopping you.

I do what I think is right. Unless there is only one candidate vs that female, then I will not boycott it. I want a win, not some petty and time wasting nonsense.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u wanna go and vote and create all sort of emotional drama and feel, then pls go ahead. Nobody is stopping you.

I do what I think is right. Unless there is only one candidate vs that female, then I will not boycott it. I want a win, not some petty and time wasting nonsense.

You are still in your fucking dream! Dream on.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It does matter to them. Otherwise mangle the Constitution and rig the elections to keep TCB – who lost – out?

Obviously the 35% was a slap in the face for the establishment. How do you think TT feels every time he shakes hands with a foreign dignitary and people are sniggering behind his back saying that 65% of the pop voted against him?

If it took only 1 election to make them kalang-kabut, what do you think would be a series of such elections where the PAP-endorsed guy couldn't even get a majority even if he won?

By showing your anger and make the best of your opposed vote and all the emotional drama that comes with it, in the end PAP still wins. What is the point? So you are going to lay the foundation for future election and people will be wiser in the future for a win? How many elections and years to come are needed to lay that foundation? PAP can lay their even stronger foundation too, don't forget that!

Again you're seeing things in a black-and-white fashion: Halimah wins, PAP wins. Halimah loses, oppo wins. No in-between scenarios.

As I said above, if a series of elections turned out farcical results ('lame-duck' prez), what do you would happen?

1. The PAP wants face. They will probably give up tweaking the EP and go back to the original appointed prez system. End of wayang. We all know that the EP does diddly-squat anyway, despite his 'custodial powers'.

2. The non-PAP endorsed candidate wins. Could be start of a Singapore Spring with knock-on effects on the GE, but don't hold your breath.

Boycotting doesn't achieve either of the above scenarios.

If the majority of the voters boycott it, it will surely sent a strong message to the PAP that people do not want the president and the election set up. But only when the majority (be united) do it.

Again you're obsessed with the win-lose dichotomy, considering only extreme tail outcomes. Your above scenario, while highly desirable, is hardly achievable at this moment, because:

1. 70% are PAP supporters. No way you can get a 50% boycott.. Even if you can get an implausible 25% boycott (diehard oppo supporters), what do you think will transpire? 75% will turn out on voting day, hand Halimah a resounding 95% of valid votes victory, and the PAP will announce to the entire world that Halimah is most popular prez in history!

You think the media will announce the no. of boycotters?

Do you know tens of millions of Americans don't vote at all every election? Are they factored in when we discuss whether Trump or Hillary won the popular vote? Do you know when analysts look at the popularity or mandate of the POTUS, only % valid votes are studied?

Only a united and unified opposition and people can go against the PAP nonsense. Nothing else works.

Theoretically, yes. But a unified front is not achieved in one day or one election. (Be my guest if you can convince 50% to boycott.) Many small steps have to be taken.

Let's start with minimizing Halimah's vote share. Boycotting does not even take the first step.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Do you sink in the Dead Sea? KFC disgraced PAP with a marginal win by some 7.5K votes and those bastards engineered this reserved presidency. If they didn't care, explain why the boundaries of GRC kept changing and changing? Teehee...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
As I said in another post, the only time when I'd consider spoiling my vote is when two PAP-endorsed candidates are contesting each other

Bro,
More than 2 PAP candidate is good! Think about it. Just vote the non-PAP candidate :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Writ of election announced last Monday, 5 working days passed and we shall see how many candidates are eligible.

Fuck the PAP! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too much has been said of KFC very low 35% majority. in the end TCB close to 35% votes - 2/3 are probably PAP votes that will never go to the Opposition in a PE or GE.