• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who's boycotting the Presidential Election?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what happened to the frauds here who boast about a contested erection? egg in the face and quickly create new threads to save face by claiming all pe's will be walkovers from here on? these morons are shameless.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
what happened to the frauds here who boast about a contested erection? egg in the face and quickly create new threads to save face by claiming all pe's will be walkovers from here on? these morons are shameless.

especially this one, the one who vote to "hurt" the face of PAP but not to win, goes quiet suddenly:

It does matter to them. Otherwise mangle the Constitution and rig the elections to keep TCB – who lost – out?

Obviously the 35% was a slap in the face for the establishment. How do you think TT feels every time he shakes hands with a foreign dignitary and people are sniggering behind his back saying that 65% of the pop voted against him?

If it took only 1 election to make them kalang-kabut, what do you think would be a series of such elections where the PAP-endorsed guy couldn't even get a majority even if he won?

Again you're seeing things in a black-and-white fashion: Halimah wins, PAP wins. Halimah loses, oppo wins. No in-between scenarios.

As I said above, if a series of elections turned out farcical results ('lame-duck' prez), what do you would happen?

1. The PAP wants face. They will probably give up tweaking the EP and go back to the original appointed prez system. End of wayang. We all know that the EP does diddly-squat anyway, despite his 'custodial powers'.

2. The non-PAP endorsed candidate wins. Could be start of a Singapore Spring with knock-on effects on the GE, but don't hold your breath.

Boycotting doesn't achieve either of the above scenarios.

Again you're obsessed with the win-lose dichotomy, considering only extreme tail outcomes. Your above scenario, while highly desirable, is hardly achievable at this moment, because:

1. 70% are PAP supporters. No way you can get a 50% boycott.. Even if you can get an implausible 25% boycott (diehard oppo supporters), what do you think will transpire? 75% will turn out on voting day, hand Halimah a resounding 95% of valid votes victory, and the PAP will announce to the entire world that Halimah is most popular prez in history!

You think the media will announce the no. of boycotters?

Do you know tens of millions of Americans don't vote at all every election? Are they factored in when we discuss whether Trump or Hillary won the popular vote? Do you know when analysts look at the popularity or mandate of the POTUS, only % valid votes are studied?

Theoretically, yes. But a unified front is not achieved in one day or one election. (Be my guest if you can convince 50% to boycott.) Many small steps have to be taken.

Let's start with minimizing Halimah's vote share. Boycotting does not even take the first step.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
especially this one, the one who vote to "hurt" the face of PAP but not to win, goes quiet suddenly:

not referring to yellowarse lah. he's a genuine chap and means well for the welfare of sinkies and sg as a viable national entity. it's the 1-foot-in-2-boats agent provocateur tpx i'm referring to. when shit hits the fan, his family already safe in arsetralia and he's the first to run road with tail tucked between his legs. yellowarse, ptader, and papsmear are the type who will stay and fight. not this cowardly bugger.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
not referring to yellowarse lah. he's a genuine chap and means well for the welfare of sinkies and sg as a viable national entity. it's the 1-foot-in-2-boats agent provocateur tpx i'm referring to. when shit hits the fan, his family already safe in arsetralia and he's the first to run road with tail tucked between his legs. yellowarse, ptader, and papsmear are the type who will stay and fight. not this cowardly bugger.

Stay and fight is one thing. Being sensible and WIN it, is another. Fighting and keep losing makes no sense. These people are fake opp supporters.

Real supporters will find ways to win it or protest against it.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. And how do you 'win' by boycotting? Every boycott vote is one more vote to Halimah. OTOH, every vote for the non-PAP endorsed candidate reduces Halimah's vote % and increases the odds of the 'oppo' candidate winning. Even if Halimah squeaked through by a small margin, as did TT in PE2011, it would have sent a strong message. When you've figured how to 'win' by boycotting, let me know: I'll nominate you for the Fields Medal.

2. I didn't go 'quiet suddenly'. I simply stopped posting in this thread because I'd said my piece.

3. You 'neglected' to paste the one statement that exonerates me from ESND's fraud list – namely my stand that a walkover was the most likely outcome (in red below).

Sheez, you're as deceitful as you're thickheaded.

I'll explain to you why your reasoning is flawed, something which the all guys here missed:

Your arguments are predicated on the fact that Halimah will win, no matter what, especially in a 3-way fight. So no point voting; just boycott.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT.

The point is:
Even if Halimah wins (I actually believe she is very likely to, given that 70% of Sinkies are numbskulls), we should aim to minimize her % vote as a stinging rebuttal to the govt and a strong message to the international community about our wayang EP.

And the way to minimize her vote is to vote for the non-PAP endorsed candidate(s). Any spoilt or absentee vote will increase her % vote, not decrease it.

Tony Tan squeaked home with 35% in 2011 in a 4-way fight, making him a 'lame-duck' president. It was a disgrace for the PAP, and it showed the world that 65% of the people did not support the elected prez. It made a mockery of the whole system. Why do you think the PAP jumped through all kinds of inane hoops to rig TCB out of this election by coming out with this silly concept of a 'reserved' presidency and miscounting the number of elected prez terms?

As I said in another post, the only time when I'd consider spoiling my vote is when two PAP-endorsed candidates are contesting each other.

As it stands, it looks like a walkover this time around.

Message: Win or lose, minimize Halimah's vote by voting the other guy.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stay and fight is one thing. Being sensible and WIN it, is another. Fighting and keep losing makes no sense. These people are fake opp supporters.

Real supporters will find ways to win it or protest against it.

lee teng hui and gorbachev respectively took down the kmt and soviet regimes by climbing to the very top and dismantling the machinery. in sg, who? shengwu? :p

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. And how do you 'win' by boycotting? Every boycott vote is one more vote to Halimah. OTOH, every vote for the non-PAP endorsed candidate reduces Halimah's vote % and increases the odds of the 'oppo' candidate winning. Even if Halimah squeaked through by a small margin, as did TT in PE2011, it would have sent a strong message. When you've figured how to 'win' by boycotting, let me know: I'll nominate you for the Fields Medal.

i think what i said in my previous post answers your queries:
By taking part in the vote, you are playing into their game. By avoiding or boycotting them, they have no one to control and manipulate.

I don't resent, i just don't get myself involved in their game because sensible people are not manipulated to put up a show for them in their rigged game.

You only vote when you can win them, not fighting the losing battle. People like you are the reason PAP always win. I never say boycotting will win them. Boycotting by huge numbers will throw them out indirectly and make them insignificant and will not allow them to control and manipulate you . ( boycotting including their rigged policies as well)

Voting is never the solution to take down the PAP. They set up all the rules and conditions to make sure that they will always win.( I don't think you understand this statement, people who don't understand this and still doing the same action ( voting) will still get the same result. but expecting a different result? This is called stupidity or insanity. )

Oh and by the way, you said it yourself that voting is not to win them, then why still vote? voting is to "HURT" the face of PAP. Is that what your idea of voting is all about? That sounds like a fake opp to me.

Albert+Einstein+insanity.jpg

ps: unless the opp supporters can unified and unite as one to go against the PAP, i highly doubt so due to the quality of people like you.

2. I didn't go 'quiet suddenly'. I simply stopped posting in this thread because I'd said my piece.

3. You 'neglected' to paste the one statement that exonerates me from ESND's fraud list – namely my stand that a walkover was the most likely outcome (in red below).

Sheez, you're as deceitful as you're thickheaded.

A person who make a firm stand on boycotting will not care if the rigged election will turned into a rigged walkover. It doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lee teng hui and gorbachev respectively took down the kmt and soviet regimes by climbing to the very top and dismantling the machinery. in sg, who? shengwu? :p

Unlikely, I think he is quite ignorant. Not knowing the purpose of the wayang and stir for no purpose.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You only vote when you can win them, not fighting the losing battle. People like you are the reason PAP always win. I never say boycotting will win them. Boycotting by huge numbers will throw them out indirectly and make them insignificant and will not allow them to control and manipulate you.

You still haven't answered the question: how does boycotting help 'throw them out', or help the opposition win? You merely make it easier for the PAP to win every election, to legitimize their mandate with huge winning majorities.

The reason that the PAP wins every time is people like you: those who boycott, or those who vote PAP. I belong to the 30%, so I don't qualify, sadly.

Voting is never the solution to take down the PAP. They set up all the rules and conditions to make sure that they will always win.

TCB's near-miss in PE2011 tells you that it is not impossible to win against the PAP-endorsed candidate. You should be spending more time convincing those around you to vote strategically instead of harping ad nauseam about boycotting.

A person who make a firm stand on boycotting will not care if the rigged election will turned into a rigged walkover. It doesn't matter.

Sure, it doesn't matter because you're simply not interested in beating the PAP. It's like walking away from a fire when everyone else is trying to put it out. You've shown your true colours as a fraudulent opposition supporter, that's all I can say.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a big fat joke. Reserved for Malays, but this whole presidential election showed 2 things:

- There are no capable ones out there managing $500 million companies
and/or
- They have no interest to serve the country

Both of these makes the race look bad. lol

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a big fat joke. Reserved for Malays, but this whole presidential election showed 2 things:

- There are no capable ones out there managing $500 million companies
and/or
- They have no interest to serve the country

Both of these makes the race look bad. lol

Yes, many Malays are rankled too.

The irony is that this whole wayang kulit isn't even about Malays, or multiculturalism. It's all about Tan Cheng Bock, keeping the proverbial wolf from the door. Period.

I've said this repeatedly: just revert to the appointed Presidency system, and we'll cease being the laughing stock of the world.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, many Malays are rankled too.

The irony is that this whole wayang kulit isn't even about Malays, or multiculturalism. It's all about Tan Cheng Bock, keeping the proverbial wolf from the door. Period.

I've said this repeatedly: just revert to the appointed Presidency system, and we'll cease being the laughing stock of the world.

While they're at it they should have an appointed cabinet like china or thai junta

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't waste your time. He is just too embarrassed to admit that starting the thread on flawed logic is a mistake. He must thought of sharing his wisdom.

He can't even explain himself, can't do the sums and worse still does not even realise that he is helping the PAP to hold onto power.

His position will be never to admit to an error and no one can touch him.

Kepala Batu comes to mind.

How do you win when you don't even cast your vote? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you win when you don't even cast your vote? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

omg! you still believe in the sinkie erection system. anyone who believes in it and spends entire life praying it works out must be sama sama with believers of chc (who have been preyed upon).

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my quote which you left the last IMPORTANT part:
You only vote when you can win them, not fighting the losing battle. People like you are the reason PAP always win. I never say boycotting will win them. Boycotting by huge numbers will throw them out indirectly and make them insignificant and will not allow them to control and manipulate you . ( boycotting including their rigged policies as well)

You still haven't answered the question: how does boycotting help 'throw them out', or help the opposition win? You merely make it easier for the PAP to win every election, to legitimize their mandate with huge winning majorities.

The reason that the PAP wins every time is people like you: those who boycott, or those who vote PAP. I belong to the 30%, so I don't qualify, sadly.

I have already mentioned that boycotting their rigged election, their rigged policies and that including those rigged laws as well ( i highlighted the word that you wrote "legitimize").
This will have repercussion, a serious one towards the PAP. You played around their Legitimized Rigged election, you are bound to lose.

What are the repercussion of a serious boycott towards them and the implications, you have to think and analysed it for yourself. I do not hand over my infinite wisdom on a silver platter and give it to you while you are sitting on a throne. A real dissent will actively find out ways to turn the society around against the establishment, including the option of boycotting. A fake one will want to be spoonfed, which is a disgusting trait to me.

Google is your friend and you can find out many issues about MAJOR PAST boycotting and the repercussions towards establishments as the result of the boycott.

TCB's near-miss in PE2011 tells you that it is not impossible to win against the PAP-endorsed candidate. You should be spending more time convincing those around you to vote strategically instead of harping ad nauseam about boycotting.

As you have said it, NEAR-MISS is not winning. It is called losing, if you still have not noticed that yet.

I have, time and time again, mentioned that i do not suffer from any forms of inferiority complex and do not need to tell others or "should" others to do what i do, in order to feel good and secure for myself. I never force anyone to boycott anything, i just stated my opinion and let other decide if he wanna go for it all not , with ALL RESPECT.

I guess this is the common attitude of opposition supporters. They have a serious bout of political inferiority complex and also need people to spoonfeed them with information, knowledge and wisdom. No wonder PAP always win. Unity of a group or a group who can achieve unity usually consist of high quality people. I doubt that is you.

Sure, it doesn't matter because you're simply not interested in beating the PAP. It's like walking away from a fire when everyone else is trying to put it out. You've shown your true colours as a fraudulent opposition supporter, that's all I can say.

If you like to use Fire as a metaphor, then people who take part in the rigged election, regardless for or against the PAP, is actually fanning the PAP fire even greater.

Last edited: