• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who's boycotting the Presidential Election?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why react like a sissy coward when you could reflect on all the suggestions and replies here?

You have the ability to chair this discussion?

I am not here to boost the traffic of the forum. I am here to do a discussion with like-minded individuals.

Yes, i have the ability to do that.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can see that you boycott a few establishments.

They were the unlucky ones for being opened about anti-Singaporeans in the earlier years of massive immigrations. I could have easily added more to the list but some black sheeps out there escaped my sight.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe there is some truth in the term 'Daft Sinkies' after all. Boycott this PE and few years from now you will need to donate $50 to the already rich Leegime just to register yourself again for the GE. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

What's so hard and what's the fuss about? Just vote for any candidate except Halimah lah.

Anyway if that Mr Farid is eligible, my vote goes to him. Comin from the offshore industry, my former bosses used to dealing with Bourbon in the past. From feedback on the ground, he will garner many support from Sinkies working in the marine sector. Have attended events in the past attended by many local Offshore companies. Mr Farid seems a genuine down to earth chap. Not many know this but he is very supportive in giving chance to young Sinkies to join the offshore industry as trainee cadet in his company vessels.

Not trying to promote his candidacy. Just ask anyone in the offshore sector about him.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I simply dont understand these Sinkies read and write good English cannot see the right to vote for your future.

Do it for your children and nieces and nephews sake and their future

真不懂事

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
兵来将挡, 水来土掩。

一把火
If by sheer coincidence that Mama Halimah wins by one vote.
Those who want to boycott, what do you think?

孫子兵法
During a war every soldier knew a few lower rung generals were opposing the one in command due to his many failures.
Every soldier was given a weapon. Some were not happy either with the strategy or with the sight of the commanding general. A critical stage arrived where all the soldiers must chiong but some chose to throw down their weapons refused to barge and eventually what happened next was predictable.
What those disgruntled soldiers should have done was used the given weapons to kill that bastard and let the opposing generals to have a go however slim the chance maybe. At least there was a hope instead of throwing down the weapons and doing nothing.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
一把火

unless there are clear signs during the election that it might be a razor-tight race, there's no need to feel regretful about the boycott decision simply because nobody saw this coming, it is totally unexpected.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If singapore pools gave out free Toto tickets there will still be sinkies who will not bother to go pick them up. Then when neighbor win the millions they will kpkb. Ask them why never go take free ticket excuses galore. But line up for bak chor mee for 1 hour can! Sinkies!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Presidential election will turn out to be a big yawn. What else can one expect when the President is more or less decided ?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
1/3 hardcore PAP voters, 1/3 hardcore opposition voters, 1/3 fence sitters.

Even when there are 2 eligible candidates, you won't see 2/3 valid votes to Halimah.

This is the reason why there would be no 1v1 election. 1v1 means halimah losing is very real. As shown in the past 2 elections, sinkies for some reason like to vent their anger in presidential elections, but much less so in general elections.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. What is the title heading of this strategy?

For example 树上开花 is one of the names of 孙子军法。

Great to learn from you.

Must give some reputation to others before give u. Sam stating the obvious.

一把火

孫子兵法
During a war every soldier knew a few lower rung generals were opposing the one in command due to his many failures.
Every soldier was given a weapon. Some were not happy either with the strategy or with the sight of the commanding general. A critical stage arrived where all the soldiers must chiong but some chose to throw down their weapons refused to barge and eventually what happened next was predictable.
What those disgruntled soldiers should have done was used the given weapons to kill that bastard and let the opposing generals to have a go however slim the chance maybe. At least there was a hope instead of throwing down the weapons and doing nothing.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless there are clear signs during the election that it might be a razor-tight race, there's no need to feel regretful about the boycott decision simply because nobody saw this coming, it is totally unexpected.

What i learn from this thread is that there are many people suffering from political inferiority complex here. They want others to do what they think is right or else you are wrong. Such behaviour and attitude will never win, not just in an election but in life. No wonder PAP always win.

Using this rigged election to show anger and create emotional drama isn't the logical way to win. Those who know that they can't win argue that they want to make the PAP lose face. If the sg citizens are of any good, they would be united and unified to go against the PAP govt a long time ago and such rigged election would never had surfaced in the first place.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, it will be interesting how this evolves. The pressure is hold a contest is mounting. They might have to rush thru it. Also shows how poorly this has been with no regard to impact on students.

this year psle will be on the 28 Sept 2017. i doubt election board has dry run in cordination with the MOE for the sElected President eRection. With the psle just a few days after the appointed eRection date, the primary schools involve wont have the time and manpower to conduct 2 events within days of each other.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, nobody including me have misunderstood you. You made the decision to boycott which is fine but the reasons you provided does not hold water never mind logic or simple maths. You can convince yourself that others have misunderstood you if he helps you sleep.

It is not my issue when you misunderstood my statement or thread title.

I have mentioned earlier that I am looking for like-minded individuals who are also boycotting the election and have a decent discussion about it.

I am not here to convince others to boycott the election. I say again, I believe people can make their own decision. I also share my view on why I AM boycotting it.

And I strongly saying it again that I don't suffer from any forms of inferiority complex and don't need to convince others to do what I do in order to feel good about it. I don't trouble others unnecessarily and fully respect their decision.

For the simple math, pls refer to the link on post#118. The divide and reduce equation.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing bro, these sort of posts are helpful as very little is known known about them. He must have the attributes for a 1st world company to entrust their business of this scale to someone who came from the ranks. Very different from Halimah.

Maybe there is some truth in the term 'Daft Sinkies' after all. Boycott this PE and few years from now you will need to donate $50 to the already rich Leegime just to register yourself again for the GE. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

What's so hard and what's the fuss about? Just vote for any candidate except Halimah lah.

Anyway if that Mr Farid is eligible, my vote goes to him. Comin from the offshore industry, my former bosses used to dealing with Bourbon in the past. From feedback on the ground, he will garner many support from Sinkies working in the marine sector. Have attended events in the past attended by many local Offshore companies. Mr Farid seems a genuine down to earth chap. Not many know this but he is very supportive in giving chance to young Sinkies to join the offshore industry as trainee cadet in his company vessels.

Not trying to promote his candidacy. Just ask anyone in the offshore sector about him.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your vote is sacred.
Even in a rigged elections you can do your part.
Halimah is pappy 1st choice vote against her to deny the pappy.
Saleh looks like a pap backup but if only 2 pappy minions running still vote against Halimah.
If Farid is eligible then get everyone to vote for him.
Do not let Halimah win so as to middle finger vile pappies.
Do not spoil your votes or boycott. Pappies have no shame and will claim victory as Long as Halimah wins.
Deny them that satisfaction