• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who's boycotting the Presidential Election?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
how true is it that her laopeh is an abnn ?

if it is true then how can she becum a makcik ?

my laopeh is a chinese,

no matter what I am always a chinese

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Both do not qualify if one follows the rules. They will allow a contest is to give Halimah legitimacy and they are confident they she will win.

Bro, you know how they work. Kee Chiu didn't address Makcik wrongly twice :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Absolutely, my kakis all ready to fuck the PAP dead. Don't believe go get some chaps to the counting centre for AJ-GRC to witness it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

AJ inspires and gives hope to the Opposition cause. AJ is like the Stalingrad of WP. the main battleground has moved from HG to AJ. there will be another mighty AJ battle in GE 2021 !!!

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I revisited your first post. Your choice of word "The ONLY right thing to do ..." may have made us feel that you are trying to convince others.

Your stand to boycott because it is unconstitutional and flawed appeared noble on the surface. It is idealistic to think that boycotting will give a clear signal to them, that the people is aware of the tricks and are angry so that they will stop such nonsense in future. Unfortunately, it is unlikely the case.

Politics is dirty. It is about getting the results that they want. They are fully aware that most people knows the game they are playing. They will study and gauge to see how many will actually vote otherwise to register their anger, how many will vote in favor because they don't know or don't care and how many will boycott. If the percentage of the last 2 categories are high, there will be election. Boycotting besides reducing the chance of the opponent to win is also good for them mathematically when they win because it reduced the base of vote cast and make the percentage looks bigger. Boycotting will not improve the situation in the future. However, losing may because they then realize that the public is no longer so pliant and such tricks don't work anymore.

Yes, it is quite silly to vote the other guy who is equally not qualified. However, it is the better course of action in sending a clear signal.

"The only right thing to do" reflects ONLY my personal opinion of the whole election saga.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at it from a different angle....any boycott is a vote of dissent of the system.

Yup.. Same sediment. I don't get involved in the system that is rigged. If more people do that, it will sent a huge message to the PAP.

Not only elections, their rigged policies need to be boycotted as well.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not easy keeping the fighting spirit up here, bro. WP need to put in more effort connecting the ground.

WP had been very quiet...they are becoming 'toothless', 'hard of sight', 'hard of hearing' & doing what they, think, it is worth doing to get bye & earn theor keeps, while the sunshine. Their, support base is like the sand at the beach, slowly but surely it gets washed away..or they are waiting for a "tsunami" to completely to destroy the beach. They are now like bread going stale & soggy'...left in the 'rain'. As for the other oppositions, after they all got kicked in the arse...not a single squeak from any...ever, the 'resident evil' Dr. Chee...nothing heard...& the rest?:eek:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Those who say Halimah sure win so why waste time voting? You guys are fucking lazy useless bums.

You are the type that will never try and fight hard to win and achieve anything. Typical sinkie. Only support winning teams. Any investment or business must have 100% chance win and succeed then bother to try.

Shitty attitude. Might as well just kill yourself right now since you are going to die eventually anyway.

Crap!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at it from a different angle....any boycott is a vote of dissent of the system.

Yes dissent, but childish, no diff from those bums in my office who pee onto the pan cover of the wc, why bother to zip n unzip, just pee in the pant will do. If people cannot make concensious effort to lift the pan cover so that it does not stain n they mike just 2 days need it, then the self indulging mental farking thingie will just get worst.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup.. Same sediment. I don't get involved in the system that is rigged. If more people do that, it will sent a huge message to the PAP.

Not only elections, their rigged policies need to be boycotted as well.

"sent a huge message to the PAP"??

Hallo... you think they care?

I would rather vote for anybody else for real action.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vote against Halimah to try and prevent her from winning is sending the message to pappies that voters reject pap's choice and would rather choose any Tom dick or harry.

Spoiling votes or sitting out is sending the message pap can do whatever they want and you can't be bothered.

Use your vote to stop Halimah

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just say boycotting by the MAJORITY will sent the huge message.

1. If you can mobilize the majority (>50%) to boycott, you will send a huge message. True, but still only a message.

2. If you mobilize the majority (>50%) to vote for the non-PAP candidate, the PAP loses the election.

If you're a true oppo supporter, which of the above outcomes is preferred if you want to eventually overthrow the PAP? Be honest.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycotting or not, one-on-one or a 3-corner fight, the PAP-endorsed candidate will win because the ruling party continues to receive support from the public sector employees, Malay voters, womenfolk, new citizens and low wage earners who are collecting monthly cash payout from workfare.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boycotting or not, one-on-one or a 3-corner fight, the PAP-endorsed candidate will win because the ruling party continues to receive support from the public sector employees, Malay voters, womenfolk, new citizens and low wage earners who are collecting monthly cash payout from workfare.

Like I said, the PAP-endorsed candidate will likely win. But what we can do is to vote for the non-PAP candidate to minimize the % vote of the PAP candidate. Boycotting won't achieve that.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

If one vs one, the opp might win. That is what I think.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I said, the PAP-endorsed candidate will likely win. But what we can do is to vote for the non-PAP candidate to minimize the % vote of the PAP candidate. Boycotting won't achieve that.

Yes make her become another 35% president.
Let her carry this shame for her entire term.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's natural not to participate is anything that is rigged but people will generally grasp the issue when you explain how it benefits the very party that they are against.

They also grateful when you point out how to address it. Especially when the prostitute press will never reveal it.

Sometimes it does not work. That's why it's so important to have an independent press that' acts as the 4th estate.

Those who say Halimah sure win so why waste time voting? You guys are fucking lazy useless bums.

You are the type that will never try and fight hard to win and achieve anything. Typical sinkie. Only support winning teams. Any investment or business must have 100% chance win and succeed then bother to try.

Shitty attitude. Might as well just kill yourself right now since you are going to die eventually anyway.

Crap!

Last edited: