• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who's boycotting the Presidential Election?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I voted against Tony Tan... I STILL GET A TONY TAN....why waste my time or insult my self...to go vote for either 'one Indian whose parents is from Pondicherry'..'one Paki" & or the MAIN EVENT ' one Indian, but slap ancestors face & say, MALAY'...I know about the Barisan...I know what you mean...to me, it is enough!..I am not spoiling vote as usual or voting for any "Thomas, Donald or Harold"...& still get..." the main event". In which that will still happen...& the better part of this all...when coming to nomination day...

The other two incumbents will take 10 steps backwards & Halimah will be the only the candidate....& that happen, I need not go to vote & still get Halimah...I go vote either the other two...I STILL GET HALIMAH.

I must be...?

I will not be going to the polling station at all. If the pap support candidate wins, then that is a good insult to the population. If you plan to be part of such population in the years to come, then good luck to you.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will not be going to the polling station at all. If the pap support candidate wins, then that is a good insult to the population. If you plan to be part of such population in the years to come, then good luck to you.

Me not going....

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point is the government couldn't care two hoots about your symbolic gesture. The BS did that back in the 60s. They walked out of Parliament in protest. LKY was only too delighted to see them go. He used his total control of Parliament to consolidate his rule and the result is the mess we have today.

Had the BS stayed in the system to fight for their beliefs they would not have caused the terminal death of organised opposition.

I agree with you on how the math is being played here. It is being designed to win by the PAP, no matter what.

Those who opposed the PAP in this election system will never win. It is due to the ground work done by the PAP all these years.

So why vote? Let her win.. It's a waste of time to vote. If 70% of the population do not vote And do not participate in the policies of the govt.. The govt is useless.

I am not trying to make a difference here. I am reminding people not to waste their time to vote,especially the opposition.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are tau pow sian.

Tell peopke porlumpar pap says so lah...

I agree with you on how the math is being played here. It is being designed to win by the PAP, no matter what.

Those who opposed the PAP in this election system will never win. It is due to the ground work done by the PAP all these years.

So why vote? Let her win.. It's a waste of time to vote. If 70% of the population do not vote And do not participate in the policies of the govt.. The govt is useless.

I am not trying to make a difference here. I am reminding people not to waste their time to vote,especially the opposition.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those who still stubbornly think that you can challenge the PAP supported candidate and make her lose, you can try your very best in this coming election.

And if she lose, so who will win? If you can pick out an obvious winner other than her, then i admit i am wrong.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If enough people boycott the elections on that day, it will be a powerful message that the people have had enough of the gahmen's nonsense (democracy and fair elections). Just a couple of people boycotting will not work. Everyone, BOYCOTT the elections. I am not a citizen and therefore it does not concern me the politics of the nation, but I have many friends here. And sitting at the coffee shops and talking to them, I sense the dissatisfation with the politics here. Best thing to do is not to have anything to do with it. So. boycott it.

Cheers!

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
If enough people boycott the elections on that day, it will be a powerful message that the people have had enough of the gahmen's nonsense (democracy and fair elections). Just a couple of people boycotting will not work. Everyone, BOYCOTT the elections. I am not a citizen and therefore it does not concern me the politics of the nation, but I have many friends here. And sitting at the coffee shops and talking to them, I sense the dissatisfation with the politics here. Best thing to do is not to have anything to do with it. So. boycott it.

Cheers!

Exactly, the government's agenda will be fulfilled, only when the people follow it, especially those who follow it blindly.

If we (the majority) boycott it and have nothing to do with it, their agenda will not be fulfilled.

Not only the election, it includes the other policies that the PAP come up with which serve themselves. Boycott those too.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
And if she lose, so who will win? If you can pick out an obvious winner other than her, then i admit i am wrong.

As long as Halimah loses, I don't care if a donkey is in place. That IS the point.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If enough people boycott the elections on that day, it will be a powerful message that the people have had enough of the gahmen's nonsense (democracy and fair elections).

25% of the voters didn't vote in the referendum after Barisan convinced Sinkies not to vote. Sizable?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If we (the majority) boycott it and have nothing to do with it, their agenda will not be fulfilled.

Hardcore oppositions amount to 30% as seen by last election. What majority have we got? Fence sitters will be voting, how to influence them into voting against Halimah is the key.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will take a big big fool not to know that this so called reserved election for the Melayu Prez is nothing more than to stop TCB from becoming one.

Those PAP suppporters know it and they will gleefully hope for a no contest which is the very likely engineered result.

Come on man....those stringent $500m requirements, no Malays in Singapore will ever qualify.

Even the Halimah...what has she got close to the $500m requirement?

Meritocracy indeed...the best of the worst you mean?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearly all in this forum agree that PAP is engineering the election for Halimah and something must be done.

What surprised me is that quite a number are for boycotting and thats exactly what the PAP wants. When you do not turn up to vote or spoil your vote, the winning margin and % is not at all affected. If however you voted for anyone other than Halimah, her margin will drop.

Here is a simple example.
Let say there are 10 people in all of Singapore who are eligible to vote at the EP. And they are
1. Halimah Supporter 1
2. Halimah Supporter 2
3. Halimah Supporter 3
4. Oppo Supporter 1
5. Oppo Supporter 2
6. Mrs Rectmobile
7. Mr Rectmobile
8. Rectmobile Jr 1
9. Rectmobile Jr 2
10.Rectmobile Jr 3.

If Rectmobile and family boycott or spoil their votes, Halimah and the PAP wins the EP with 60% of the votes. If Rectomobile and family turn up and vote for anyone other than Halimah. Halimah will only get 30% of the votes.

Of course there might not be a contest.

Hardcore oppositions amount to 30% as seen by last election. What majority have we got? Fence sitters will be voting, how to influence them into voting against Halimah is the key.

Last edited:

creampie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, the government's agenda will be fulfilled, only when the people follow it, especially those who follow it blindly.

Not only the election, it includes the other policies that the PAP come up with which serve themselves. Boycott those too.

are u a stupid oppie or a pappie IB?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Of course there might not be a contest.

Even my kawan kawan in the kampung are pissed with this reserved election, it's a toss up between Khan and Marican. The elders prefer Marican whilst the younger ones leaning towards Khan.

Let's make Halimah malu by taking home less than 33% of VALID votes.