• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Has JB City Square started selling moon cakes already ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it?....I have seen the Hokkien's buying those moon cakes, wrapped in paper from the shops during the moon cake festival. I go ask, the Hokkien Ah Sor near me...

Hokkiens are not known for good confectionery skills. The Cantonese and Khek are damn good.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. Must pass some reputation points to other before give you.

Hokkien good at noodles and soupee things like pork soup.

Hokkiens are especially good at "greeting" other people's parents, with an acute awareness of the hygienic aspect of other people's mothers.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japs and hokkien shared similar culture, music, writing, language and much more...

Tang dynasty was run by hokkien people.

唐 人 in mandarian pronounce as Tang ren. In hokkien pronunce as tng nang.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
And hokkien is hock and kian 2 words. Hock is Lucky and kien is health.

Hokkien are lucky people never go hungry. They can kick out Mao attack and take refuge in Taiwan showed greatness in hokkien people that Mao afraid of them 70%.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sidetrack abit, anyone knows where got sell King Koil bed sheets or Jean Perry bed sheets in JB? Thanks..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sidetrack abit, anyone knows where got sell King Koil bed sheets or Jean Perry bed sheets in JB? Thanks..

You can try the Metrojaya dept store located at the Komtar Mall adjacent to City Square Mall. If you are walking from the CIQ complex there is an overhead connection, going left is the City Sq Mall & going right is to the Komtar Mall.

The Metrojaya outlet is at the far end. The household department is on the 2nd floor.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like that also shiok ah? cheebye sinkies only ai pi ai chi ai tua liap ni. might as well move to jb.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can try the Metrojaya dept store located at the Komtar Mall adjacent to City Square Mall. If you are walking from the CIQ complex there is an overhead connection, going left is the City Sq Mall & going right is to the Komtar Mall.

The Metrojaya outlet is at the far end. The household department is on the 2nd floor.

You sure know the way around...ha ha ha...I have not been up to JB for really some time, I use to take day off from work, to get away from the maddening crowds to roam JB , sampling food here & there...discovering places, for example, the Johor Zoo that charges $1 per entry..ha ha ha & I have brought people there...traversing Tebrau Highway....visiting townships, like Johor Jaya, Setia Indah etc..

I know where Metrojaya is turn right after the overhead bridge going into city square, fact is, I have not visited the new Komtar complex, I am so familar with the old one...

One day, when I am free...will go explore around again...