• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat JB Hospital Demands Bribes Before Treating Seriously Injured Sinkie Who Later Died!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
justinianupdate.jpg

He told Stomp:

"We were having lok lok for supper in JB and were walking back to the car when a car blindsided us from behind and hit two of my friends, sending them flying forward."

Joshua said that the six of them were chatting as they were walking back their Honda Odyssey between 2.45am and 3am on Aug 25, after their supper.

When they reached their car, three of his friends, Ernest, Justinian and Brandon were standing on the roadside while Joshua was standing on the walkway.

All of a sudden, a car came from behind, just missing Ernest, but hit Justinian, sending him flying, before hitting Brandon. Joshua said that the driver of the car, a Proton Saga, "didn't stop at all, he just kept on going".

Joshua immediately went to check on Brandon, who was conscious but had broken his femur. The other friends attended to Justinian, who was unconscious but convulsing.

When Joshua subsequently went over to Justinian, he saw that his friend was struggling to breathe and was coughing out a lot of blood.

Joshua tried to remove the blood from Justinian's mouth to help him breathe, and also rendered basic first aid.

Joshua added: "Passers-by helped us to call the police and ambulance.

"My friends were rushed to Sultanah Aminah Hospital in JB after waiting for 30 minutes.

"In the meantime, the police in JB asked us to clean up the bloodstains on the road.

Joshua said that two police officers arrived at the scene and told them to clean up the blood.

He said: "We didn't clean up, they were trying to pour water and getting rid of all the blood and everything... They told us, but we just walked off lah.

"They didn't block the road, it wasn't a crime scene after we left, I assume everything went back to normal. It (the accident scene) wasn't cordoned off.

"There were just two pillars the passersby helped us put there, to block off and redirect traffic, but that wasn't done by the police."

Joshua added: "Upon reaching the hospital, we were asked to pay RM1,350 for each victim before they would be able to carry on with further action.

"We did not carry so much cash so we had to go find an ATM.

"We then paid the hospital RM2,700 and they finally conducted scans on the victims. It took about four hours before we were given a prognosis.

"At 8.30am, the hospital requested for another RM1,350 as Justinian needed another operation because his brain was bleeding.

"Upon inquiring further, we were told that Justinian had a 50-50 chance of survival and that the operation would be done by a medical officer, instead of a consultant or surgeon.

"We then called the Singapore embassy, who arranged for a private ambulance in Malaysia to pick up our friends."

Joshua told Stomp in a phone interview that meanwhile, he and the rest of his friends remained in JB because the embassy had advised them to a make a report with Malaysia's traffic police.

He said that although the driver of the Proton Saga had driven off after the accident, passersby had taken down the car's licence plate number and informed Joshua and his friends, for them to make a police report the next day.

However, Joshua said that they were unsuccessful as they did not manage to speak with any officers in JB.

He continued: "The ambulance left for Singapore from Sultanah Aminah Hospital at around 10.45am and arrived at around noon.

"Justinian was sent to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) in critical condition while Brandon was sent to Gleneagles Hospital.

"By then, it had already been close to 10 hours since the accident.

"At 2.30pm, the doctors explained that too long had passed and that Justinian's injuries were too severe.

"He was pronounced brain dead and placed on life support on Aug 28 at 5.56pm.

"His parents took him off life support this morning (Aug 30) at around 12.30pm."

Joshua said Justinian's parents did not want to pull the plug "until everyone had seen him".

He added: "My friends and I returned to JB yesterday (Aug 29) to make a police report. The matter is currently in the magistrate's hands."

According to Joshua, the investigating officer in Malaysia told him that the driver who knocked down the two victims had come forward to report the accident himself within 24 hours.

However, it is unclear if the driver has been arrested.

When Stomp attended Justinian's wake at Block 323 Serangoon Avenue 3 at about 8.30pm today (Aug 30), Joshua was there to speak to us.

Joshua told Stomp that he had been friends with Justinian since they were in Primary 1 at St Gabriel's Primary School.

He is currently studying in Perth, Australia, but had come back to Singapore for a break and wanted to catch up with Justinian and their other friends.

He said: "The most important people in his life are his family, he always put family first... but he was always there for you (his friends), whenever he could."

Joshua went on to elaborate on how great a friend Justinian was.

"When I was serving NS, I had a tumour in my leg, and I was out for six months. Justin visited me pretty much every day and stayed with me, brought me lunch, brought me everything, because I couldn't walk.

"That's just the kind of person he was."

Responding to media queries by Stomp, a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said: "We are saddened by the unfortunate passing of Justinian Tan.

"The Singapore Consulate-General in Johor Bahru had rendered consular assistance to the Singaporeans involved, including assisting with the arrangements to transfer the injured Singaporeans back to Singapore."

http://stomp.straitstimes.com/singa...ter-car-hits-him-and-friend-from-behind-in-jb

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Hospital Demands Bribes Before Treating Seriously Injured Sinkie Who Later Die

Too bad for Justinian that Malaysia will only become First World in 2020.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: JB Hospital Demands Bribes Before Treating Seriously Injured Sinkie Who Later Die

If this friend has any consideration. He would have told his friends not to resuscitate him..so badly injured..even if the life is saved will take forever to be normal if possible...n be a burden to everyone. If he lives and become vegetable or disabled...he becomes a burden on everyone. Lucky Singkieland not welfare state...if not the whole population will be burdened to look after them. Like in ang mor lands. It's bad enough that Singkieland is a welfare state to the Pappies..no need to add more burdens

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We treat JB like, we are like in Singapore, many Singaporeans forget that, they are a 3rd world country going backwards to the dark ages or a 3rd world country dressing up like a 1st world.

We should be extra careful when visiting...be on a lookout all the time, for traffic, crime etc.. Even travelling there for a few hours in a day..best buy a medical insurance....we are in another people's country...

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Joshua added: "Upon reaching the hospital, we were asked to pay RM1,350 for each victim before they would be able to carry on w ith further action.
Nothing to do with JB / Malaysia. Overly pampered Sinkies need to to be educated on the the simple fact that they are foreigners the moment they step out of Singapore, even if stepping out is just across a 1 km causeway.

As a foreigner, you are not entitled to the privileges and benefits that a citizen in that foreign country enjoys. This policy is in force in many countries, including Singapore. It is not unique to JB / Malaysia. So if you want to go to JB for a cheap fuck and thereafter, supper at 2:00AM and not have to pay for any eventualities that may happen to you, buy yourself some travel insurance.

The PAP has pampered and mollycoddled Sinkies excessively to the point that they are hopelessly spoilt, unable to think and look after themselves. Sinkies will not hesitate to blame everyone except themselves for every problem they face.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what happens when u go to a shit country for the cheap seafood and petrol.

End up u kena screwed by the shit people there. It's a misconception that people there are good due to religion. Haha.... If so good, why ask for money first before treating patient who was dying? Shouldn't your religion teach u to value people's lives over money?

Good luck to cheapos here who think saving a few bucks here and there is more important than staying alive.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing to do with JB / Malaysia. Overly pampered Sinkies need to to be educated on the the simple fact that they are foreigners the moment they step out of Singapore, even if stepping out is just across a 1 km causeway.

As a foreigner, you are not entitled to the privileges and benefits that a citizen in that foreign country enjoys. This policy is in force in many countries, including Singapore. It is not unique to JB / Malaysia. So if you want to go to JB for a cheap fuck and thereafter, supper at 2:00AM and not have to pay for any eventualities that may happen to you, buy yourself some travel insurance.

The PAP has pampered and mollycoddled Sinkies excessively to the point that they are hopelessly spoilt, unable to think and look after themselves. Sinkies will not hesitate to blame everyone except themselves for every problem they face.

It shows how unprepared Singaporeans are when they are overseas & they treat JB like it is Singapore. That is why for years I buy an annual travel insurance, that covers single day trips to JB or beyond. We have to bear in mind, when we are in JB, to lookout for traffic ( ok, some accidents have to happen) but, many, take it extremely easy, keep a look out for robbers, muggers etc..

Their way of life is different here, to them a dead body is a common sight, on the roads, on the sidewalk anywhere. I have seen a serious accident along Jalan Ah Fook even when the road was clear & the day was too... a car speeding can smash into one in just minutes after I had crossed the road at a TRAFFIC LIGHT JUNCTION after the right of way was given for the car to go....the two car was smashed to smithereens...
you can be sure, one of the drivers died...but the people there treat it like just another day. Another example, years ago, in KL, I came across a dead body on the sidewalk outside the PUDU bus terminal....& people, just walk by, like it was a mannequin.

My point is..like you say, we are FOREIGNERS in another people's country, even though, JB is just a walk away across the causeway...we have to be careful & know where the emergency services are or the numbers to call etc.. Be xtra careful...do not treat JB like it was Singapore...

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's a misconception that people there are good due to religion. Haha.... If so good, why ask for money first before treating patient who was dying? Shouldn't your religion teach u to value people's lives over money?

How do you explain this?

Profitable Hospital Cancels Good Bumi's Cancer Treatment Because He No Money!

Blame a country? Blame religion? Blame race? Blame PAP? Blame everyone except yourself for every predicament you find yourself in?

How about carrying some self-introspection?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why for years I buy an annual travel insurance, that covers single day trips to JB or beyond. We have to bear in mind, when we are in JB, to lookout for traffic ( ok, some accidents have to happen) but, many, take it extremely easy, keep a look out for robbers, muggers etc..

Good on you and good to know that thinking Singaporeans like you exist. However, I am very sure you are just one of a very tiny minority. The overwhelming majority are hopeless and given to blaming everyone but themselves.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I must be really behind the times. Is Lok Lok the new codeword for calling chicken in JB?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buying travel insurance for such countries is not going to help. The ambulance service cannot be bothered if you have a premium policy of not. By the time they transfer you to top private hospital, the consultant and surgeon primary fees comes from day jobs and electives, they are not going to get out of bed for such a case. He will promptly turn up at the break of dawn to collect his fees. At the end of the day, the private hospital would have got its fees and the patient would probably would have died.

At the end of day, JB is a hole when it comes to emergencies or the unknowns. Just have to manage your expectations.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can the car come from behind "all of a sudden"?
Standing in the middle of the road at 3am in jb?
These sinkies dun have the streetsmarts or basic common sense to survive outside of Sg.
They think everywhere is same as in Sg.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is it an "in thing" among young Singaporeans to be seen in Johor Bahru @ 2 am/3 am ?

Most unfortunate events seem to occur during the wee hours in JB, and Singaporeans still roam the place during those hours ? Even in Singapore, or anywhere else in the world, I will avoid staying that late, let alone Johor Bahru.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can the car come from behind "all of a sudden"?
Standing in the middle of the road at 3am in jb?
These sinkies dun have the streetsmarts or basic common sense to survive outside of Sg.
They think everywhere is same as in Sg.
looking at the time it occurred, the other party in the proton would've been probably tipsy after a sengol session, so tough luck - and moreso in jiuhu land for jiuher sinkies :(

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

looking at the time it occurred, the other party in the proton would've been probably tipsy after a sengol session, so tough luck - and moreso in jiuhu land for jiuher sinkies :(

Yes, even the ordinary jiuhu kias would avoid coming out in the wee hours in jb. What were those kids thinking ?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you go wandering around @ 3am in Johor...please do expect the worst.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I even avoid staying out in Singapore after midnite not to mention JB.
How often have we heard of people being bashed up even in HDB coffeshops after midnite?
Most fights and vehicle accidents occur after midnite.
The combination of liquor, sleepiness and tiredness is a dangerous one-and throw in inexperience ,'hotheadeness' false bravado and fake 'machoness' ,you have a lethal combination esp when with women and behind wheels.

Sad loss for the Gabrielite family

Last edited: