• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Halimah defends ungrammatical campaign slogan, calls it catchy

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do feel sorry for her. Every thing that can go wrong is going wrong. If not the for state controlled media - she would be a laughing stock.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...atical-campaign-slogan-calls-it-catchyHalimah defends 'ungrammatical' campaign slogan, calls it 'catchy'

BY
VALERIE KOH
[email protected]ISHED: 7:17 PM, AUGUST 30, 2017UPDATED: 8:07 PM, AUGUST 30, 2017
SINGAPORE — Addressing criticism about her ungrammatical campaign slogan for her presidential bid, Madam Halimah Yacob said on Wednesday (Aug 30) that she settled on “Do Good Do Together” because “it’s catchy, it’s easy to understand, easy for everyone to relate”.

She was speaking to the media after submitting her application forms to the Elections Department (ELD) to stand in next month’s Presidential Election (PE) — the last of three aspirants who have publicly announced their intention to take part in the race to do so.

On Tuesday, the former Speaker of Parliament unveiled her campaign slogan — “Do Good Do Together”.

Touted as a call to action, she said that the tagline embodied her goal to create an inclusive society for all. It has since received brickbats from netizens for being ungrammatical.

Defending her choice of words, Mdm Halimah, 63, said: “I do know that there are also people who support it. (They) find it very good, very impactful. The idea of doing good is something that is so expansive. It covers many things — wanting to see Singapore doing better, Singaporeans doing better, getting the collective support of everyone to stay united so that we can progress together.”

Arriving at the ELD building at Prinsep Link in a black Toyota car at 10.40am on Wednesday, Mdm Halimah, clad in a yellow headscarf, orange blouse and black slacks, was accompanied by five members of her campaign team.

They included Mr Lawrence Leow, former president of the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises; and Mr Bob Shaw, Marsiling Citizens’ Consultative Committee chairman.

The submission process ended in 20 minutes, and she was out of the building by 11.05am.

So far, two other potential contenders for the PE have emerged: Mr Mohamed Salleh Marican, 67, chief executive of Second Chance Properties and Mr Farid Khan Kaim Khan, 62, chairman of marine services provider Bourbon Offshore Asia Pacific.

Mr Marican was the first to drop off his forms at the ELD on Aug 23, followed by Mr Farid the next day.

The coming PE has been reserved for the Malay community, following changes to the Elected Presidency passed by Parliament in November last year.

The writ of election was issued on Monday, giving presidential hopefuls five working days till Sept 4 to apply for a certificate of eligibility and a community certificate.

Nomination Day is on Sept 13, and Singapore will head to the polls on Sept 23 — if there is more than one eligible candidate.

In a press release on campaigning rules on Tuesday, the ELD stressed the need to maintain the dignity of the Presidential office during the campaigning period.

This was a timely reminder for all potential candidates to conduct themselves properly throughout the election, said Mdm Halimah on Wednesday.

Asked for her thoughts on the lead-up to Nomination Day, she said: “So far, I think the (process) has been pretty good ... From the time the candidates announced their intention to take part in the election till now, I think it’s gone on very well.”

More details on her campaign strategy would be unveiled later, Mdm Halimah added.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
:*::*::*::*::*:

Attachments

• 2017-08-30-PHOTO-00000197.jpg
    2017-08-30-PHOTO-00000197.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,325

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
" Asked for her thoughts on the lead-up to Nomination Day, she said: “So far, I think the (process) has been pretty good ... From the time the candidates announced their intention to take part in the election till now, I think it’s gone on very well.”

Stupid question begets stupider answer. I'd have respected her more if she took down that moron of a reporter and said " Oh, I think our thoughts should be on what comes next" , rather than this Primary 1 answer.

If the question was a reference to the Indian/ Muslim controversy, then the reporter should have just asked it straight.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even as a fan of LKY, I have to say she is a poor quality candidate sent by PAP. She's really scrapping the barrel here. DO GOOD DO TOGETHER?! Sounds like a secondary school slogan for a sports club.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun blame her she probably didn't come up with the slogan.
And this dumb slogan will go down well with the dumb 70% so I'll say it's perfect for its targetted audience.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do good do together sounds like its coming from a welfare organisation or charity-something you would use for Rag and Flag or newspaper collection for charity.

Alfrescian
Loyal
typical PAPee SOP - Do good Do together means everyone wants credit - Do bad only, everyone siam...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok let's look at the issue from another perspective....how will she fulfill her campaign slogan? Will she do good? What good will she do? And do good together means what? Together with who?

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The slogan is a perfect example of group think and "emperor has no clothes" syndrome. I have every reason to believe that she herself created it as she alluded to the similarity to her own GRC slogan. She would have said to her campaign team "how about this slogan" and all the jack asses there would have jumped up in unison and said" you are brilliant Halimah" And so it goes on. The non stop comical charade which she calls a campaign is either a one man bumbling show by herself or she is being led by the nose by one person behind the scene and she just ticks on the box. It hasn't even started yet but at this rate its looking to be the worst presidency ever and the Malays( Indian?) community will look even more stupid, with the birth of a thousand more sterotypes images.

Dun blame her she probably didn't come up with the slogan.
And this dumb slogan will go down well with the dumb 70% so I'll say it's perfect for its targetted audience.