• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP's Incompetency: Transport Fare Calculation Not accurate?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have Singaporeans been overcharged all these years?

The Public Transport Council said that Transport Ministry had commented that the existing fare calculation may not be accurate, which is why there is a need for a new formula.

Sighh. When will PAP get its act right? Singaporeans are suffering much due to PAP's incompetency

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes when I try to make sense of a person's intention(s), I play a little game.

I assume the worst.

What's the worst reason for people doing what they do and saying what they say? And then I ask myself how well that reason explains what they do and what they say.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have Singaporeans been overcharged all these years?

The Public Transport Council said that Transport Ministry had commented that the existing fare calculation may not be accurate, which is why there is a need for a new formula.

Sighh. When will PAP get its act right? Singaporeans are suffering much due to PAP's incompetency

Not accurate and overcharged?

Just another excuse to secretly change the formula and charge even more....just you wait.

Whenever I take the bus, I noticed 95% of the people do not observed what was charged and reflected in the fare counter and just tap out....often without giving any care of whether the fare charged is right or wrong.

I have in the last one year alone discovered that sbs has overcharged me again and again and at least 5 times, I went to the station to tell them and got a refund for the overcharged fees.

How many people would do that?

If I am a typical example of a sbs passenger, imagine the 2 million other daily passengers.....how many of them are overcharged time and again? A little overcharge here and there...add up to millions.....

Watch out for :

- fare counters that malfunction and did not do a deduction upon exit....the next time you board the bus again, you will be charged additional $0.60 or so;
- fare counters that do not work upon entry but recovered on the way, when you tap out, again they record an error and charge extra.
- same journey, more or less same buses taken for a journey, but charged different prices.
- same journey, varied buses but one is charged much more than the other...etc, etc

No wonder sbs declare big profits year after year.....

.....plus you noticed, nowadays bus frequencies seem to be less and the wait at stops are longer...15 minutes or longer.....the worst times are during off peak and week ends....

This is world class transport bus system???? LOLOLOL - what a bloody joke.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The officials of transport council,transport ministry and bus operators are paid in inverse formula.The more dishonest or stupid or unproductive they are,the more they will be highly rewarded.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes when I try to make sense of a person's intention(s), I play a little game.

I assume the worst.

What's the worst reason for people doing what they do and saying what they say? And then I ask myself how well that reason explains what they do and what they say.

PAP has evil intentions

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not accurate and overcharged?

Just another excuse to secretly change the formula and charge even more....just you wait.

Whenever I take the bus, I noticed 95% of the people do not observed what was charged and reflected in the fare counter and just tap out....often without giving any care of whether the fare charged is right or wrong.

I have in the last one year alone discovered that sbs has overcharged me again and again and at least 5 times, I went to the station to tell them and got a refund for the overcharged fees.

How many people would do that?

If I am a typical example of a sbs passenger, imagine the 2 million other daily passengers.....how many of them are overcharged time and again? A little overcharge here and there...add up to millions.....

Watch out for :

- fare counters that malfunction and did not do a deduction upon exit....the next time you board the bus again, you will be charged additional $0.60 or so;
- fare counters that do not work upon entry but recovered on the way, when you tap out, again they record an error and charge extra.
- same journey, more or less same buses taken for a journey, but charged different prices.
- same journey, varied buses but one is charged much more than the other...etc, etc

No wonder sbs declare big profits year after year.....

.....plus you noticed, nowadays bus frequencies seem to be less and the wait at stops are longer...15 minutes or longer.....the worst times are during off peak and week ends....

This is world class transport bus system???? LOLOLOL - what a bloody joke.

Very true..