• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat NS is killing SG52! JC NSF wants to shoot himself. Help!

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/6wjs0l/ns_help_ostracized/

(hi r/Singapore, posting on behalf of a friend who couldn't post using a throwaway)

I'm a first year soldier currently serving in one of the SIRs (not named for obvious reasons). I completed my enhanced BMT (the one that's reduced to 3 months long) early this year and I was posted here afterwards. Life has been v difficult as I am very unfit, as I hadn't had much physical training for a couple of years -trying my best to salvage my A's, which turned out badly anyway- and as a Matador gunner, carrying ~30kg of load is extremely unbearable for me. But even aside from that, the bigger issue I've been facing for the last six months is: the constant bullying.

You see, aside from me, there are only two other JC students (both my bunkmates) in this company. The entire battalion is a mono intake batch, and while we on our part have not distanced ourselves but instead tried to mingle with them, they don't just outright sideline us, but pick on us often as well. When volunteers are needed, it's almost always one of us who is 'offered as tribute'. They also like to get physical with us, by shoving us around, poking or touching us in inappropriate areas. We continually tell them to stop, but they refuse to, and yet when we complain about it to the commanders, they just say it's a joke, and that they're just playing with us. And then they resume, in greater force this time.

Personally, I was assaulted in the toilet because I accidentally stepped on another guy's bag strap. I tried to hit back, but him being way bigger than me was no help. The issue was brought up to our commanders, but they simply brushed it off, and said things like 'learn to adapt to their culture', 'watch yourself more', 'suck it up' etc etc. They also often just take any extra snacks we have (we have since refrained from bringing too much food into camp), claiming that they'll return it, or that we ought to share because 'we should bond more', but when we ask for something, they tell us to 'go buy yourselves la, rich JC kids'.

It's gotten to a point where the three of us are constantly in fear of mingling with most of the people, and the thought of shooting myself in the head has crossed my mind on many occasions. I don't know if this will get anywhere, but I really wish I could get some advice on what I or we can do about our dire situation.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/6wjs0l/ns_help_ostracized/

(hi r/Singapore, posting on behalf of a friend who couldn't post using a throwaway)

I'm a first year soldier currently serving in one of the SIRs (not named for obvious reasons). I completed my enhanced BMT (the one that's reduced to 3 months long) early this year and I was posted here afterwards. Life has been v difficult as I am very unfit, as I hadn't had much physical training for a couple of years -trying my best to salvage my A's, which turned out badly anyway- and as a Matador gunner, carrying ~30kg of load is extremely unbearable for me. But even aside from that, the bigger issue I've been facing for the last six months is: the constant bullying.

You see, aside from me, there are only two other JC students (both my bunkmates) in this company. The entire battalion is a mono intake batch, and while we on our part have not distanced ourselves but instead tried to mingle with them, they don't just outright sideline us, but pick on us often as well. When volunteers are needed, it's almost always one of us who is 'offered as tribute'. They also like to get physical with us, by shoving us around, poking or touching us in inappropriate areas. We continually tell them to stop, but they refuse to, and yet when we complain about it to the commanders, they just say it's a joke, and that they're just playing with us. And then they resume, in greater force this time.

Personally, I was assaulted in the toilet because I accidentally stepped on another guy's bag strap. I tried to hit back, but him being way bigger than me was no help. The issue was brought up to our commanders, but they simply brushed it off, and said things like 'learn to adapt to their culture', 'watch yourself more', 'suck it up' etc etc. They also often just take any extra snacks we have (we have since refrained from bringing too much food into camp), claiming that they'll return it, or that we ought to share because 'we should bond more', but when we ask for something, they tell us to 'go buy yourselves la, rich JC kids'.

It's gotten to a point where the three of us are constantly in fear of mingling with most of the people, and the thought of shooting myself in the head has crossed my mind on many occasions. I don't know if this will get anywhere, but I really wish I could get some advice on what I or we can do about our dire situation.

NS is either killing our SG guys, castrating them or disadvantaging them in the workforce. Why does the pap let in male foreigners, make them SG citizens but exempting them from NS?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Need to know both sides of the story. Perhaps these three JC guys have a superiority complex and acted ya ya in the beginnning.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's the law of natural selection at work. Nothing to worry about.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Instead of shooting himself, he should just shoot the bullies. Show some balls. Once u shoot the ringleader of the bullies, the rest will fall into line.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My son is a student in a premier JC. I am worried that when he does his NS, he may end up being posted to a unit full of mono intake rubbish. I think I may need to talk to someone important in Mindef to ensure my son stays in a whitehorse unit.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My son is a student in a premier JC. I am worried that when he does his NS, he may end up being posted to a unit full of mono intake rubbish. I think I may need to talk to someone important in Mindef to ensure my son stays in a whitehorse unit.

Why would you need to do that? If you are an ang pai grassloots leeder, it is an unspoken rule that all your sons will be white horses. Relax, those CMPB mamasans know their jobs well.

jw5

Loyal
Tell your son to immerse himself in soil research and prove himself indispensable in this field. His NS posting will hopefully be an air-con lab. :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mono intake are not hokkien pengs. Air level can also be mono intake. I too was posted to a mono intake battalion after pop from tekong. Most of them are poly batch. The other battalion 42sar then was Air level mono intake.

Being new of course tio arrow at first, as for not fit also not surprising. Tekong don't run everyday but go down unit, especially first year, it morning 5klick, evening 5 klick led by CSM. And the 5 klicks feel more than 5km as it not a constant route as it up to the csm to decide. Gedong a decent big camp, start at 46 parade square, run pass main gate to 42 parade square, then brigade hq, ATC gate, old Ammo dump to 46 rear gate, 3dsmb compound etc etc...40 to an hour per run, must be in formation, push up position to wait for stragglers. After 2-3 months, unfit also become fit.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for being bully, complain to commanders are useless. It up to himself to integrate with his own section first then his other platoon mates. Sometimes it your own frists that can make the other party understand.

Btw, matador got 30kg? My time it either 84 or law only.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is right bro. Spot on. Must pass some reputations to others b4 give you.

They must be sissy Pinky type. Did their parents porlumpar volunteer RC CCC to Pap?

I joined sports and never see camp for 1 year. Relax at safti jurong swimming pools, relax rugby at changi football field, relax tennis at various clubs and condos so on.

Best part train ruby at 42 SAR changi spend all day at changi beach and sian minahs and gay man plenty in changi. Gay masturbate and blowjobs for u free. This is good days army time for me. Cho simi lanjiao pap army? Go fuck pap.

Then ROD out fit as Harry get to ear good camp food, no queue, and free to roam OR shopping. Book in training at 9 knock out at 4. Go shop OR and watch movie Lido. ... sibay song.

Go many places to compete like places in farrer park field. Then go cheong Pertain Road kuay bu there. Fun time in pap army.

Must know how to keng fucking well.

Cheers.

Instead of shooting himself, he should just shoot the bullies. Show some balls. Once u shoot the ringleader of the bullies, the rest will fall into line.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take 1/2 panadol w a can of coke see high blood pressure shoot > 200.

Happy like Pinky never see training, road march guard duty for 6 months auto down grade. Do again x4 happy ROD and fuck Pap army.

Why can't these chaps go downgrade? Quite easy these days..n who did their parents vote for?