• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat YourCock Ibrahim leads S'pore Haj, how cum he did not bring Angmo catholic wife?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Afraid of being stoned in Saudi Arabia for marrying a haram woman?

Yaacob leads Singapore Haj delegation to Saudi Arabia

SINGAPORE: Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Yaacob Ibrahim is leading Singapore's Haj delegation to Saudi Arabia this year.

He departed from Changi Airport on Saturday (Aug 26) together with 340 pilgrims young and old.
In a Facebook post, Dr Yaacob, who is also Minister for Communications and Information, said he is leading the delegation as a gesture of the Singapore Government's appreciation to Saudi Arabia for the revised Haj quota, and to commemorate 40 years of bilateral ties.
Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Haj and Umrah had in February raised Singapore's official Haj quota to 800, an increase of 120 places.
"I would like to seek your prayers that all our pilgrims be blessed with good health and a safe and smooth journey throughout," Dr Yaacob wrote.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Singapore government and people should give him a Purple Heart equivalent type of bravery medal for leading fellow Singaporeans into very dangerous territory with a potential of terrorist attack.

by the way just curious did his sons serve NS?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can make the choice of citizenship after NS and one year after reaching 21 years of age. I am sure the sons will serve NS and then continue with their US citizenship and give up on their Singapore citizenship. Notice how the law was done that you can do NS but no need to give up on your foreign citizenship.

The Singapore government and people should give him a Purple Heart equivalent type of bravery medal for leading fellow Singaporeans into very dangerous territory with a potential of terrorist attack.

by the way just curious did his sons serve NS?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His catholic Wife never convert?
Like that is he a betrayer of his religion?

It is ok with the Catholics...if either spouses is not from their religion, but this is interesting, you marry a Muslim man, I THOUGHT IT IS MANDATORY FOR THE WIFE TO BE CONVERTED TO ISLAM? & VICE VERSA. Remember recent news on that Suid Africa man who married a local....he was converted to Islam & have a Muslim Name...now driving public buses in Singapore, around Hougang/Sengkang/Punggol area.

Why didn't she convert? & are the children MUSLIM?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Papsmearer;ces. "I would like to seek your prayers that all our pilgrims be blessed with good health and a safe and smooth journey throughout said:
My prayers, not halal, can or not................

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why didn't she convert? & are the children MUSLIM?[/QUOTE said:
I think she finds mooselimp habit of using bare hand to eat n arsewipe, repulsive..........

While orgassing wud she shout "OH God" or Allah Akbar???

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is ok with the Catholics...if either spouses is not from their religion, but this is interesting, you marry a Muslim man, I THOUGHT IT IS MANDATORY FOR THE WIFE TO BE CONVERTED TO ISLAM? & VICE VERSA. Remember recent news on that Suid Africa man who married a local....he was converted to Islam & have a Muslim Name...now driving public buses in Singapore, around Hougang/Sengkang/Punggol area.

In Singapore, the non-Muslim wife will have to convert if they want a Muslim solemnization. Otherwise they can still register their marriage as a civil marriage with ROM.

I've a Chinese friend who married his Malay wife. Both doctors. He didn't convert, so the local kadi refused to solemnize their wedding in a mosque. They flew to London and got married there instead.

Yacoob's wife didn't convert. Civil marriage.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore, the non-Muslim wife will have to convert if they want a Muslim solemnization. Otherwise they can still register their marriage as a civil marriage with ROM.

I've a Chinese friend who married his Malay wife. Both doctors. He didn't convert, so the local kadi refused to solemnize their wedding in a mosque. They flew to London and got married there instead.

Civil marriage registered in Singapore? or down in Mexico?. In Malaysia you marry a muslim....the husband or wife must be a muslim & THE CHILDREN must be too...remember the case in Malaysia, where the kek leng husband who was a Hindu converted to Islam, took his children with him....& converted them to Islam?....was that marriage a Civil wedding?...the initial wedding was done in an Indian temple...

actually all these are manmade problems....:rolleyes:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually depending on how fundamentalist they are. Wife might not need to convert but children must be mozzies

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The wife did convert reluctantly. He did not asked it of the wife, but after she moved back to singapore, he decided it was better for her to get converted to Islam because the local m&ds were not ready to accept him (a senior and malay leader) marrying a non muslim.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

My understanding is the wife did convert. She is quite active in Muslim/Malay social circles, she would never have been accepted by them if she was stil a RC.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's actually a disgrace. In chink circles, it is akin to the man marrying into the wife's family.

In angmors lands. I have seen the guy take the name of the wife when the guy marry. I think it's due to the fact it's much easier to change name. There is no need for a long winded reason to change name. Happy can change name from john Smith to John Tan...not like Singkieland.... change name is virtually impossible.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's actually a disgrace. In chink circles, it is akin to the man marrying into the wife's family.
the m&ds don't mind, as it's a tradition for the male to move in to the wife's family and hopefully not leech but contribute to household expenses :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Infidels cannot go to Mecca.

It's written on the road signs.

main-qimg-bbf68625ba6c57a8a36ccce4ed3f17c9