• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious m&ds And Kelings Admit Their Food Is Gone-Case Unhealthy! Diabetes Inevitable!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I go to the gym twice a week (weights plus 20 min on the elliptical) and run twice a week (total 20-25km). My BMI is 21.3, body fat 8%, BP 116/73, HBA1c 4.6% and total cholesterol 170. I eat anything I want (in moderate amounts), including 2 scoops of Haagen-Dazs every night.

No magic to it. Just eat a balanced diet in moderation – 60% carbs (low GI), 25% protein, 15% fat, lots of fibre. Exercise (cardio) 3x a week for 50 min each time – running, brisk walking, cycling, swimming, elliptical cross-trainer. Throw in some stress reduction technique – yoga, meditation, taichi, qigong.

During my runs in the evening, I see mainly Chinese joggers and runners plus some walkers. A few Indians (interestingly more expat northerners) – but they prefer to walk. Hardly any Malays, male or female.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article sounds pretty lobsided. Coconut milk n real ghee(made with butter) are healthy....it's the cheap vegetable ghee that is a problem..coconut oil is now a health rage in ang mor lands that coconut production can't keep up. N true all cultures need to modify their habits..like the Indian dessert etc...but to say nasi lemak n rendang etc is the culprit is too simplistic. For a start..the dishes served could be served with fresh vegetables..a simple salad of lettuce, cucumber, onions n chopped chili's works wonders with rendang or fried chicken etc... best way is reduced the portions n topped up with salads..drink more tea n coffee without sugar.. simple steps 1st.

Ah, sanity at last!

Yes coconut and good ghee are not unhealthy.
What is the balance ?

Anyway, people eat far too much. Mounds of rice and stuff, as though they plough fields all day.
Yes
If they ate sparingly and balanced things they could eat anything. Except sugar. Sugar is an addiction and that is absolutely what they need to curb. It's everywhere.

And processed vegetable oils are absolutely not good, palm , canola, soyabean....

HPB have their heads up their asses.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I go to the gym twice a week (weights plus 20 min on the elliptical) and run twice a week (total 20-25km). My BMI is 21.3, body fat 8%, BP 116/73, HBA1c 4.6% and total cholesterol 170. I eat anything I want (in moderate amounts), including 2 scoops of Haagen-Dazs every night.

No magic to it. Just eat a balanced diet in moderation – 60% carbs (low GI), 25% protein, 15% fat, lots of fibre. Exercise (cardio) 3x a week for 50 min each time – running, brisk walking, cycling, swimming, elliptical cross-trainer. Throw in some stress reduction technique – yoga, meditation, taichi, qigong.

During my runs in the evening, I see mainly Chinese joggers and runners plus some walkers. A few Indians (interestingly more expat northerners) – but they prefer to walk. Hardly any Malays, male or female.

Yup, Exercise on a regular basis, must be regular, I have observed neighbours & people I know, just because of "joneses" are doing it they follow....you see them going for walk, jog, cycling, etc....then only for a period of time... & stopped completely & back to where they were....the after...you become fatter & bulkier...

Exercise, watch one diet carefully, Relax......I agree with you, I used to walk at dawn...5.30am - 6 am...now later, too lazy to get up...I use to know a regular crowd of 'dawn walkers or joggers'....mostly middle age or older age Chinese, one or two NORTHERN INDIANS...no tamils or other Indians or Malays....guess you will only find them at East Coast Park....National Day Parade or ...

There is a regular exercise group...every day at 7am....consisting of old CHINESE LADIES...of late, one odd Malay Tudung wearing elderly woman, no Indians or Eurasian ....Odd, for she is Malay, Odd....the instructions from speakers is in PRC MANDARIN...it is organised by the RC....very comical to watch...all out of sync.

There is a qiqong group....same story, out of sync & a Fan ( big red fan) some sort of kung fu movement conducted by a woman, there are ony six of them at any one time....very eye catching to watch & the sound of the clap of closing & opening the fan is interesting....

Regular exercise is a must , cannot find time, must fit in at least a 10 mins exercise a day..eat moderately & intelligently, what we drink in, is an another..coffee, tea etc...& especially soft drinks...those bubble tea etc...& even beer, liquor etc....we have to moderate & watch....& cut as we age & there must be a discipline to it...

We will get diabetes as we age, when our pancreas gets older & weak...when & how severe the diabetes, depends on our daily diet, excercise & lifestyle...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am living proof that you can. I eat what I want and keep everything in check with regular exercise.

Boss, I love Kiwi lamb chops, if I have lamb chops grilled and 3-4 times a week is this bad for health?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss, I love Kiwi lamb chops, if I have lamb chops grilled and 3-4 times a week is this bad for health?

If you cut off most the fat it should be OK. Saturated fat is what causes high LDL levels.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Are the Chinese in Singapore subsidising the Indians and Malays for their diabetes problem?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are the Chinese in Singapore subsidising the Indians and Malays for their diabetes problem?

Yes, that is why the mee siam mai hum is worried....they are the top of the charts for Kidney, Heart, Diabetes problems....count in stroke & other disability....other you see them in soccer, sepak takraw ( even this I don't see malay playing this)....you don't see many Malays & Indians, exercising or jogging....except for the Indian long distance runners, or sprint..( even that today, very few).

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yes, that is why the mee siam mai hum is worried....they are the top of the charts for Kidney, Heart, Diabetes problems....count in stroke & other disability....other you see them in soccer, sepak takraw ( even this I don't see malay playing this)....you don't see many Malays & Indians, exercising or jogging....except for the Indian long distance runners, or sprint..( even that today, very few).

This Indian lived to a ripe old age.

21244265.4_39272969_-_31_07_2016_-_pixnathan.jp
318bb280ea15e29233ac771ed6312102_330.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, seldom Indians and Malays exercising except when they are young. Once they go past 35 they give up. The exception is couple of guys who cycle and play football. Sadly in the army, the Indians were toughest and the fittest. Its their food and lack of exercise.

Walking and all those stretching exercises are not going to help either. It has to be intense for at least 20 to 40 minutes. I got bored with the gym and took up cycling.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

you ca fry them up in a big gob of butter, slather them with cream cheese sauce and have them with a bunch of low carb veggies like spinach and asparagus.

once you mix them with heavy carbs like bread, potatoes, carrots etc…..you will be on the slippery slope to obesity and death.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you cracked the science behind it.

you ca fry them up in a big gob of butter, slather them with cream cheese sauce and have them with a bunch of low carb veggies like spinach and asparagus.

once you mix them with heavy carbs like bread, potatoes, carrots etc…..you will be on the slippery slope to obesity and death.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Walking and all those stretching exercises are not going to help either. It has to be intense for at least 20 to 40 minutes. I got bored with the gym and took up cycling.

Yes. For cardio to work, it has to be of at least moderate intensity and sustained. American Heart association recommends 150 min of mod intensity cardio (e.g. brisk walking) a week, or 90 min of high intensity cardio (running, cycling) a week. Was doing a lot of mountain biking a few years back but discovered minimalist running and never looked back.

Strolling down Orchard Road or walking your kids to school doesn't count.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree, seldom Indians and Malays exercising except when they are young. Once they go past 35 they give up. The exception is couple of guys who cycle and play football. Sadly in the army, the Indians were toughest and the fittest. Its their food and lack of exercise.

I sometimes see m&ds playing soccer, learning muay thai and bjj or working out at the gym. I thought a number of them are doing their best to stay fit. Looks like this number is smaller and more insignificant than I thought.

I see far fewer kelings working out. Most whom I see are just visiting the gym just to look like they are exercising once a week.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually, why cant the gahmen just allow those with heart, kidney, liver and what ever failure to just move on? Once u kenna diabetes etc,,what sort of quality of life can you have? instead of going to dialysis,,,etc,,,just go,,create a good end of life facility or Hospice like in soylent green and let these people go with dignity. Death is part of life, deal with it...

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you cracked the science behind it.

i have indeed….dinner today was a wonderful curry that I cooked up using inspiration from indo thai influences.

the base was pure full fat coconut milk tempered with spices….added chopped okra and some juicy jumbo prawns from punggol market.

didnt even need rice….got my daily requirements sorted…..high fat, moderate protein and low to almost no carb.

i abhor any form of exercise apart from fucking and jacking off…and Im still alive and kicking.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was active in sports back in school and then did nothing for years until one day I decided to go to the gym, got bored and picked up cycling. Never looked back.

Okra is a seriously understated veg. First came across it in Fish Head curry and it was great.

i have indeed….dinner today was a wonderful curry that I cooked up using inspiration from indo thai influences.

the base was pure full fat coconut milk tempered with spices….added chopped okra and some juicy jumbo prawns from punggol market.

didnt even need rice….got my daily requirements sorted…..high fat, moderate protein and low to almost no carb.

i abhor any form of exercise apart from fucking and jacking off…and Im still alive and kicking.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both the Indians and Malays just give up after age 35. Their spicy food forces them to load up with rice and other carbo to absorb the salt and hot taste.

I sometimes see m&ds playing soccer, learning muay thai and bjj or working out at the gym. I thought a number of them are doing their best to stay fit. Looks like this number is smaller and more insignificant than I thought.

I see far fewer kelings working out. Most whom I see are just visiting the gym just to look like they are exercising once a week.