• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Removal of items placed along HDB common corridor, no placement of objects henceforth

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Removal of items placed along HDB common corridor, no placement of objects hencef

This is what I am worried about, that it has to drag and drag then get resolved.....:(

are you aware that scdf has guidelines for clutter along common areas at hdb blocks? can contact them about potential fire hazards and obstruction to scdf crew, and they will respond. done that several times and unlike the spf the scdf is more professional and responsive.

https://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scd...ness/fire_safety_guidelinesforhdbestates.html

IMG_0113.JPG

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Removal of items placed along HDB common corridor, no placement of objects hencef

Hi. Thanks. I am aware, just that they are corner house. So this category of obstruction will not apply.

are you aware that scdf has guidelines for clutter along common areas at hdb blocks? can contact them about potential fire hazards and obstruction to scdf crew, and they will respond. done that several times and unlike the spf the scdf is more professional and responsive.

https://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scd...ness/fire_safety_guidelinesforhdbestates.html

View attachment 31525

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you guys and gals think?

https://www.statecourts.gov.sg/CDRT/Pages/CDRT-Process.

below extract from website:

"2. What are some examples of interference by my neighbour?

Causing excessive noise, smell, smoke, light or vibration;
Littering at or in the vicinity of your place of residence;
Obstructing your place of residence;
Interfering with your movable property;
Conducting surveillance on you or your place of residence, where the surveillance is done at or in the vicinity of your place of residence;
Trespassing on your place of residence;
Allowing his animal to trespass on your place of residence, to cause excessive noise or smell, or to defecate or urinate at or in the vicinity of your place of residence."

What are the chances of getting an injunction straight without going thru the waste time mediation and kumpung spirit sort of stuff, if I can gather the evidence like photos, etc.?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi. Thanks. I am aware, just that they are corner house. So this category of obstruction will not apply.

check if the corner has a fire hydrant or red pipes and plumbing. if yes, chin ho say liao.

IMG_0115.JPG

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

check if the corner has a fire hydrant or red pipes and plumbing. if yes, chin ho say liao.

View attachment 31528
oh yeah, you talking about that red coloured pipe to clear the plumbing system of the calcified cobwebs and curdled cheese of your pioneer pussy landlady in bedok :confused:... that's not considered causing obstruction, but clearing and paving the way for a diskaun on the rent, you cheap charlie!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can't go for anything legal until you give the neighbour a chance to address it. Best is to go via TC. The court will not grant you any order until you can prove that matter has been raised and not addressed by the neighbour and TC.

What do you guys and gals think?

https://www.statecourts.gov.sg/CDRT/Pages/CDRT-Process.

below extract from website:

"2. What are some examples of interference by my neighbour?

Causing excessive noise, smell, smoke, light or vibration;
Littering at or in the vicinity of your place of residence;
Obstructing your place of residence;
Interfering with your movable property;
Conducting surveillance on you or your place of residence, where the surveillance is done at or in the vicinity of your place of residence;
Trespassing on your place of residence;
Allowing his animal to trespass on your place of residence, to cause excessive noise or smell, or to defecate or urinate at or in the vicinity of your place of residence."

What are the chances of getting an injunction straight without going thru the waste time mediation and kumpung spirit sort of stuff, if I can gather the evidence like photos, etc.?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like have to go thru the long argumentative route, the process force people to fight thru "mediation" and very possible many police reports......sigh

All roads leads to rome.........in the end, looks like still need court order to be partially effective in the end.

I tried to search how to lodge complain in the town council website, but can't find, as if they don't want people to complain....:*:

You can't go for anything legal until you give the neighbour a chance to address it. Best is to go via TC. The court will not grant you any order until you can prove that matter has been raised and not addressed by the neighbour and TC.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hdb where got hydrant, in case of fire they expect you to jump, you die your business

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I tried to search how to lodge complain in the town council website, but can't find, as if they don't want people to complain....:*:

Walaneh ! Complain is a Sinkie instinct leh. No need to teach one, all Sinkies born with this gift. :smile:

Pick up the phone and call lah. After office hours, call the Emergency Line that you see written on the lift landing. Over the phone, you can gauge whether the officer chuak or no chuak. But you must sound bureaucratic like some big fuck from civil service - ask for the position of the person on the line, then ask for the name of the property officer, and then ask to speak to the property officer. Don't waste time on telephone operator. Normally the property officer is not in office, ask for mobile number. The TC will sit up when you start asking for details. Otherwise, it's just one of those many phone calls. The property officer will test water first, and not call you. Next day, you call again. Then go on the offensive. Ask him when was his last visit to your block. Tell operator if property officer fails to call back, you will call police.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

hdb where got hydrant, in case of fire they expect you to jump, you die your business

This point should be raised in parliament. Where is Sylvia ??

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

mai seow seow. can grow grapes somemore. next time they expect you to be self sufficient with food and wine.

IMG_0117.JPG

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

First time should call or write to create the more manageable evidence? If town council ineffective, and have to escalate to court level, I read have to submit 3 sets of evidence.

Anybody has any experience and advice what is the email to submit the letter?

Walaneh ! Complain is a Sinkie instinct leh. No need to teach one, all Sinkies born with this gift. :smile:

Pick up the phone and call lah. After office hours, call the Emergency Line that you see written on the lift landing. Over the phone, you can gauge whether the officer chuak or no chuak. But you must sound bureaucratic like some big fuck from civil service - ask for the position of the person on the line, then ask for the name of the property officer, and then ask to speak to the property officer. Don't waste time on telephone operator. Normally the property officer is not in office, ask for mobile number. The TC will sit up when you start asking for details. Otherwise, it's just one of those many phone calls. The property officer will test water first, and not call you. Next day, you call again. Then go on the offensive. Ask him when was his last visit to your block. Tell operator if property officer fails to call back, you will call police.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First time should call or write to create the more manageable evidence? If town council ineffective, and have to escalate to court level, I read have to submit 3 sets of evidence.

Anybody has any experience and advice what is the email to submit the letter?

Trust me, I've had ample dealings with govt bureaucracy, including town councils and HDB.

1. Call TC, insist on speaking to property mgr, and bang table. Most calls to stat boards and govt depts are recorded these days, but log your calls anyway.

2. At the same time, make a police report.

3. No action taken – lodge a formal e-mail complaint with HDB. Mention your all phone calls and police report and your previous approaches to your neighbour.

AND (this always evokes a prompt response) cc to Minister for National Development, your MP, and PM's Office. If your MP is on the ball, he'll be the first to follow-up with a letter to HDB seeking clarification. Then you'll get a template letter from HDB and/or TC saying they'll investigate. PMO will not reply, but their appearance on the distribution list will kick the lazy butts of all these taichi bureaucrats.

4. Give them a fortnight. If nothing constructive comes out of it, compile all evidence of transgression and actions taken to remedy and seek legal action.

P.S. Always ask for the name of the person you're speaking to on the phone, even the operator. You'll see the difference in efficiency.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

I read these two Act below seems quite clear cut, hope the town council officer dare to act:o

Housing and Development Act
(Chapter 129, Section*27(1))
Housing and Development
(Common Property and Open Spaces) Rules

Town Councils Act
(CHAPTER*329A)
(Common Property and Open Spaces)
By-laws 2016

Throwing items from buildings and dangerously positioned items

Obstruction of common property

Trust me, I've had ample dealings with govt bureaucracy, including town councils and HDB.

jw5

Loyal

Very good advice, especially the last sentence. Ask for the Full Name. :biggrin:

1. Call TC, insist on speaking to property mgr, and bang table. Most calls to stat boards and govt depts are recorded these days, but log your calls anyway.

3. No action taken – lodge a formal e-mail complaint with HDB. Mention your all phone calls and police report and your previous approaches to your neighbour.

AND (this always evokes a prompt response) cc to Minister for National Development, your MP, and PM's Office. If your MP is on the ball, he'll be the first to follow-up with a letter to HDB seeking clarification. Then you'll get a template letter from HDB and/or TC saying they'll investigate. PMO will not reply, but their appearance on the distribution list will kick the lazy butts of all these taichi bureaucrats.

4. Give them a fortnight. If nothing constructive comes out of it, compile all evidence of transgression and actions taken to remedy and seek legal action.

P.S. Always ask for the name of the person you're speaking to on the phone, even the operator. You'll see the difference in efficiency.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously, can I make a police report for such a case for depositing items along the corridor, some are considered placed in a dangerous position that it will topple and cause injury..

Under what circumstance can I make a police report?